Granby140@aol.com

This is their mentallity

Ask them why school shootings increased after 1990 Gun Free Zone laws passed. And ask them why most of the school shootings happen at  public school and universities. 

Ask them what he/she would do when someone makes other destructive devices with box of nails and home house hold stuff... what sort of "regulation" they would make. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/School_shootings_in_the_United_States

Note: I do realize the idiots changed definition of "school shootings" and included everything anything that happens in "vicinity" of colleges or college campus, even if its unrelated to students or not perpetrated by a student. 

dumbass teacher. who's gonna protect the kids if your a bloody pile on the floor?  any guesses where the next shots are going?!  Oh, before you jump into the bullet, remind the shooter about the regulations!

• Like 2

So let me get this straight. If a teacher chooses not to carry, yet will shield their students with their body that makes them a dumbass?

By that mentality, every single concert goer, every single sporting events spectator and everybody in a mall should be carrying? 

What ever happened to security provided by people who want to, and are trained to do it.

Not everyone likes guns and is comfortable with them like we are. And there is no way you can make them be.

Id say yes, playing the human shield without armor or a way to actually stop the shooter or fight back makes you a dumbass. Once the shooter kills you he will kill the person you are shielding. Granbys post states teachers who want to carry and are trained should be allowed to. Its the teachers choice to not want to defend themselves or students. Standing in the way of a bullet may be noble but still makes you a dumbass and doesn't save anyone in the end. I did not see anyone say people who don't want to carry a gun are dumbass', just the ones who think standing in line to be killed will actually stop the shooter from killing children are.

• Like 1

I stand corrected, I didn't see the choice part. Regardless we need to do a better job securing the schools and letting the people who choose to carry, carry.  I just get pissed that everything nowadays turns into left-right, red-blue argument and nothing gets done. Everyone is terrified to lose their base and all they worry about is their next election. I think lots of issues need to be looked at from all angles and the policy makers need to work together to fix them. In a perfect world I suppose!

When the chair no longer blocks the door, when the door stop has failed, when the glass is broken, and you're staring down the business end of a firearm, you can choose to be armed with only chalk board erasers* and harsh words, or would you choose to match force with force and chuck rocks back at the bad person with equal deadliness as the ones they're throwing at you?  Last time I was at the kid's school for some event, I can definitively say none of the female teachers, or the male ones for that matter, appeared to have the skills need to John Wick someone with a fucking pencil.  Maybe one or two of the janitorial staff does... just based on how well they "disappear" from view all the time. (the unsung heros of any school, IMNSHO)

I'm not saying every teacher should be armed, but I am saying they should have the CHOICE.

* my bad... they don't even have these any longer, what with the advent of electronic whiteboards.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, joe4590 said:

I stand corrected, I didn't see the choice part. Regardless we need to do a better job securing the schools and letting the people who choose to carry, carry.  I just get pissed that everything nowadays turns into left-right, red-blue argument and nothing gets done. Everyone is terrified to lose their base and all they worry about is their next election. I think lots of issues need to be looked at from all angles and the policy makers need to work together to fix them. In a perfect world I suppose!

Couldn't agree more, the constant left vs right after any type of event that takes place is just a tool used to keep us at each others throats instead of fixing real problems.

On 2/22/2018 at 10:56 AM, 1LtCAP said:

bear in mind.....more often than not(especially lately) it is the left that turns these things into "us vs them".

That’s what that David Pigg/Hogg/whatever kid kept broadcasting in all 746 of his television interviews - either “with the children” or not BS. 

My thoughts:

15BDE787-13C7-4FF5-B505-942D16FDDF60.jpeg

• Like 1