AVB-AMG

I Appreciate Assault Weapons. And I Support a Ban

48 minutes ago, AVB-AMG said:

Rather than just gang bashing me, would any of you care to actually read and offer your comments and opinions on the op-ed piece written by FL Republican Congressman and former U.S. Army bomb technician Brian Mast, titled:  Appreciate Assault Weapons.  And I Support a Ban.

That was the point of my posting this thread......
I think he has some valid ideas and think that some of you may actually agree....  Then again, some of you may not, which is fine.  Can we actually have a discussion on the points he has raised?

AVB-AMG

Why debate with a tool....as yourself and the congressman. ...u saw the responses...u see the responses....get the hint....?  Shove off....pound sand....go away....

25 minutes ago, capt14k said:

Any idea that involves banning arms is Unconstitutional and dangerous. We the people are armed well enough to win a guerrilla war against the Military and Law Enforcement. However we should have RPGS, Machine Guns, and any other arm, that can be beared, to make our job easier, as our forefathers intended.

The Finns were far outnumbered and outgunned and they held off the Russians. They disabled Russian tanks by jamming logs in the tracks. Once the tank came to a stop they killed everyone inside, and now they had a tank.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Liberator in 45acp.... used to get the rifle and ammo

And build from there.

Just now, USRifle30Cal said:

Why debate with a tool....as yourself and the congressman. ...u saw the responses...u see the responses....get the hint....?  Shove off....pound sand....go away....

Don't get me wrong! I don't dislike AVB-AMG! I do no know him except through his posts here. What bothers me is this is where we gather to discuss 2A related issues and AVB-AMG is very good at distracting us from our 2A discussions to his political claptrap! It is impossible to sway him but TONS of valuable time is wasted here trying!

4 minutes ago, JohnnyB said:

Don't get me wrong! I don't dislike AVB-AMG! I do no know him except through his posts here. What bothers me is this is where we gather to discuss 2A related issues and AVB-AMG is very good at distracting us from our 2A discussions to his political claptrap! It is impossible to sway him but TONS of valuable time is wasted here trying!

JohnnyB:

Is the Op-Ed piece that I reprinted here in this thread not part of our 2A discussion?
Unfortunately, I think in the current polarized environment in our country that it is very difficult to separate different political viewpoints from everyones interpretation of the 2A, even though I have tried....  I do not think it is a waste of time to discuss the ideas expressed by this Congressman.

AVB-AMG

19 minutes ago, AVB-AMG said:

JohnnyB:

Is the Op-Ed piece that I reprinted here in this thread not part of our 2A discussion?
Unfortunately, I think in the current polarized environment in our country that it is very difficult to separate different political viewpoints from everyones interpretation of the 2A, even though I have tried....  I do not think it is a waste of time to discuss the ideas expressed by this Congressman.

AVB-AMG

AVB-AMG,

This post was 2A related for a change, however, you chose what is in the end, an anti 2A argument. Perhaps if you were to author a single post that I could agree with, I would feel differently about your intentions.

There are thousands of forums that you would enjoy with other liberals who hate our President as you do. I do not question your right to express your views here at NJGF, I am simply puzzled as to why you would choose this forum? I believe your presence here is to disrupt and distract!

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, AVB-AMG said:

JohnnyB:

AVB-AMG

Ya know...I'll say it..it might get me banned whatever...it' what everyone is thinking ....at least I am. ...

Go thefuck away you and your ideas are not welcome....your a troll....your an appeaser...you are the Neville Chamberlin on this issue.....

You and your ilk...have no business talking about freedom and liberty. ....u treat them like a disposable sanitary product....  

It' sickening. .... donyou not see the foolhardy path u are on....effing waste of time and bandwidth 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AVB-AMG said:

I applaud FL Republican Congressman (18th District) and former U.S. Army bomb technician Brian Mast for his very brave, intelligent and timely op-ed piece in The New York Times today, (Feb. 23, 2018).  It is titled:
I Appreciate Assault Weapons.  And I Support a Ban. 

Rep. Mast provides his reasonable analysis followed by sharing his experiences, then opinion and good faith recommendations regarding the AR-15 rifle.  Rep. Mast has more credibility than some of his fellow Congressmen due to his former military service in the U.S. Army and actual combat experience.  I find it refreshing to hear a Republican legislator offering more than his “heartfelt condolences, as well as thoughts and prayers to the victims’ families…”.  He is making some very reasonable and sensible recommendations that I believe is a very good starting point for further discussion and consideration by his Congressional colleagues, in an effort to possibly reach a bi-partisan agreement for legislation.   I hope he is able to influence additional Republican members of the House to join him in his efforts to actually introduce legislation that will reach the floor to be voted on.

Most importantly he states that he would not support any version of a ban that results in confiscating existing legally owned firearms.  But I do think that since he is proposing a ban on the FUTURE sale of all AR-15 rifles,banning the ar15 is probably the most utterly ridiculous idea i've ever seen. it is no more capable of killing than virtually any other semi-auto out there. or bolt action for that matter.   that in order to be effective, the federal government would most likely need tofigure out a confiscation plan of action also institute a buy-back program for those who want to rid themselves of those rifles and possibly purchase some other firearm. there is no such thing as a gun buyback. they cannot buy back that which they never owned in the first place. Those of us who want to keep what we have would do so.

Realistically, I am convinced and believe that most attempts at gun control will always be subject to our limitations as humans who make mistakes, including human error; lack of or incorrect information entry into databases; paralyzing fear (security guard)please stop making excuses for this guy. it was his job to have gone in there and killed the killer. or at least distract him from the students. , lack of appropriate action or follow up (FBI), etc.  But unless we try to do something different now,we're trying to do something different, but people like you insist on repeating a different version of the same thing that's been being done for decades(with little to no success at that) then the regular occurrences of these mass shootings will most likely continue unabated.these are not nearly as regular as you would like us to believe.  I think that Rep. Mast’s recommendations, if ultimately result in passed legislation, enacted and enforced, would save many lives and those of us gun owner’s 2nd Amendment rights would be respected and preserved.  incorrect. the left would see it as another notch in their own gunbelt, and start planning for the next little step of taking of our right.

I have done a "cut and paste" of the article below.  Please read it and share your thoughts.  Thank you.

AVB-AMG

I Appreciate Assault Weapons.  And I Support a Ban
by Brian Mast
Feb. 23, 2018

Here is the link to that op-ed piece in The New York Times, followed by the op-ed's text in its entirety for Mrs. Peel…

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/23/opinion/brian-mast-assault-weapons-ban.html?action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=opinion-c-col-left-region&region=opinion-c-col-left-region&WT.nav=opinion-c-col-left-region

The most important and unregrettable time of my life was the 12 years I spent in the Army. I became a bomb technician because I wanted to save lives. I nearly gave my own life for that — I lost both my legs and a finger when a roadside bomb detonated beneath me — and have known more heroes than I can count who died defending others.

When I was with others on the battlefield and we saw a chance to save a life, we didn’t have a meeting about it; we acted immediately. I never worried about becoming a casualty myself.

Now, as a Republican congressman from Florida, I don’t fear becoming a political casualty, either. If we act now by changing laws surrounding firearms and mental illness, we too can save lives.

Most nights in Afghanistan, I wielded an M4 carbine and a .40-caliber pistol. The total barrel length of my M4 was approximately 14 inches with Trijicon ACOG sights, as well as an infrared laser. I usually carried 10 magazines stacked with 20 rounds of 5.56-millimeter ammunition each.

My rifle was very similar to the AR-15-style semiautomatic weapon used to kill students, teachers and a coach I knew at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Fla., where I once lived.his service rifle was similar just like a boss302 is similar to a plain old mustang.

I have fired tens of thousands of rounds through that rifle, many in combat. We used it because it was the most lethal — the best for killing our enemies.i'm sure someone that's much more knowledgable than me will correct me if i'm wrong....but the m4 is not the best for killing the enemy.....i seem to recall that many units in the sandpit are going back to .308 caliber.  And I know that my community, our schools and public gathering places are not made safer by any person having access to the best killing tool the Army could put in my hands.and (assuming the m4 is what he says) the genral public does not in fact have access to "the best killing tool the army could put in his hands" I cannot support the primary weapon I used to defend our people being used to kill children I swore to defend. and he doesn't have to.

The truth is, most gun owners are responsible sportsmen and collectors who enjoy shooting recreationally, like me, or want to protect their home in the way they see fit. I am a longtime member of the National Rifle Association. My grandfather bought me my first NRA membership when I was young, and I have the same pride he and many Americans feel at being responsible gun owners, becoming excellent marksmen and joining in the camaraderie of hunting.

We are Americans and we like to be the best; we should never lose this trait. The AR-15 is an excellent platform for recreational shooters to learn to be outstanding marksmen. Unfortunately, it is also an excellent platform for those who wish to kill the innocent. as virtually any other tool that goes bang.

I conceal and carry a 9-millimeter pistol most days because I know the threats, and I don’t want to die because I am unprepared to return fire.this actually has nothing to do with the convo at hand.

I also know that I am made less safe by the threat of tactical rifles.considering that most all violence committed with firearms are not with rifles......dude needs to go back and study a bit.  I am confident I can eliminate an active shooter who is attacking with a pistol because the attacker would have to be close to me. so he's saying he's ok with being attacked with a firearm, as long as they're close to him.  But the defense my concealed 9-millimeter affords me is largely gone if the attacker is firing from beyond 40 yards, as he could easily do with the AR-15.

No firearm is evil. Guns are tools that fulfill the intent of their users, good or bad. But we’ve seen that the rifle of choice for many mass shooters is the AR-15. it's the most popular rifle in the country. of course it's what they're choosing. would this guy feel better if they chose to use a semi-auto shotgun with slugs?

The Second Amendment is unimpeachable. It guarantees the right of citizens to defend themselves.and now we see that he either doesn't know the 2a, or hopes that his audience doesn't know it....'cause it's not just about defense.  I accept, however, that it does not guarantee that every civilian can bear any and all arms.small arms equal to those of law enforcement or infantry is reasonable.

For example, the purchase of fully automatic firearms is largely banned already,incorrect. with a nfa stamp, and a really fat checkbook, you can legally buy a machinegun.  and I cannot purchase an AT-4 rocket, grenades, a Bradley fighting vehicle or an Abrams tank.i'm pretty sure that with the right paperwork, you can indeed buy an abrams. and the other items he listed.  I know that no single action can prevent a truly determined person from committing mass murder, and I am aware of other ways to commit mass murder, such as bombings and mass vehicular slaughter. Not being able to control everything, however, should not prevent us from doing something.

Therefore, I support the following:

Defining what constitutes an assault or tactical firearm and not allowing them for future purchase — just as we already prohibit the purchase of fully automatic firearms.again, it is not illegal to buy a full auto.  The exact definition of assault weapon will need to be determined.select fire. you're welcome.  But we should all be able to agree that the civilian version of the very deadly weapon that the Army issued to me should certainly qualify.how does it qualify if it is no different functionally than any other semi-auto? I would not support any version of a ban that results in confiscating existing legally owned firearms.then he cannot support a ban, 'cause without confiscating what's already out there, banning the future sale of them will fix nothing(even with confiscation, it will fix nothing)

Ensuring that every firearm purchaser has a background check. We also need to improve the background check system.what needs to be fixed, is things like the fbi dropping the ball. or the sheriffs office dropping the ball.

Banning the sale of accessories and add-ons that circumvent the ban on automatic firearms,no. why does he want this? because the nutball at lv used a bumpstock? and increasing the ages at which individuals can purchase various categories of firearms. i would almost give them this one....but knowing how the left operates, i am not.

Ensuring that those who have been detained for mental illness, or have been ordered by courts to receive treatment for mental illness, cannot purchase firearms.this is already covered i believe(could be wrong)

Ensuring that someone who is being looked at as a possible terrorist, through a system of due process, cannot purchase a firearm there are too many people erroneously place on these lists, therefore, this cannot be allowed. and that any person threatening to shoot or blow up a school, in word or on social media, is placed on an F.B.I. watch list for a long time.woohoo! he got one!

Providing behavior detection training to anyone seeking a Federal Firearms License.i'm pretty sure that most people at most ffl's already do a fairly good job of "reading" their clients.

Making substantial resources available to schools, at their discretion, for security measures, including the opportunity to purchase enhanced security screening, install classroom panic buttons wired directly to law enforcement and hire additional school resource officers.i believe that the nra is offering these types of services free of charge.

Holding the F.B.I. and state agencies accountable for their failures to identify a threat like Nikolas Cruz, as well as ensuring that schools enforce basic security protocols to prevent access by unauthorized personnel.woohoo!! he got another one.

And finally, conducting further research into the nexus of gun violence, violence in mass media and mental illness.it is not gun violence. it is violence. it is murder. the gun just happened to be the tool that these deranged animals used. they could get somewhere by looking to the medication of people for every little thing.

The president, House of Representatives, Senate, every state legislature, sheriffs, police officers, school boards, students and parents must unite with one mission: that no one will ever be murdered in school again.

ok. you want discussion....you're gonna hafta look for red up above.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

ok. you want discussion....you're gonna hafta look for red up above.

1LtCAP:

Thank you for taking the time to read, consider and offer your comments.  I agree with many but not with all of them.  But at least you made the effort for which I do appreciate.  I think that many here will agree with most of your comments.

AVB-AMG

I find it amazing, if not appalling, reading many of the recent posts on this thread that are in response to my sharing the op-ed piece by Rep. Brian Mast.  Why is it that so many of you are unwilling to even read a short article and then so quick to get sidetracked and start to gang criticize me in a mob-like mentality?  I am not expecting you to necessarily agree with his suggestions, but would appreciate hearing your reasoned opinions as to why you disagree.  Some of you have done that, while others refuse to do so, which is unfortunate.  To those of you who have, thank you…. To the knuckleheads who have attacked me, this is what I think of you:

Golf Battery:  Apparently prefers to ignore stated opinions that he disagrees with by telling those folks to “shut up” and seems to consistently puts his head in the sand, not willing to expend the energy to read more than a few sentences before he makes up his mind.  It is people like him who jump to conclusions and are apparently unable to digest and consider alternative ideas, opinions and suggestions and thus risk making regretful mistakes in the process.

Matty:  Continues to repeat with no evidence, his incorrect and absurd belief that I am some sort of paid shill and now states that I am a “paid Russian Shill” and that I “want you dead”.  If I was a paid (or unpaid) Russian Shill, I would be an ardent Donald Trump supporter here, which obviously I am not.  Maybe you should actually read what I wrote before you make such a stupid comment.  As a patriotic American citizen and legal firearm owner in NJ, I find his continuous blasphemous unsubstantiated lies about me very tiresome, so just go fuck yourself….

capt14k:  Once again, he continues his extreme belligerent vile accusations, calling me a paid troll and/or shill, who has never offered any evidence of his false accusations.  He is like Donald Trump….  Lie about something, stating a falsehood and keep repeating it so that the stupid, uneducated folks will eventually believe it, without any proof.  There is no hope for this miscreant and it is not worth even having a dialogue with him since he is so unwilling to rationally and politely consider other points of view without resorting to libel.

USRifle30Cal:  Contrary to his assertion, I do support the 2nd Amendment and always have.  He also wants me to “go away” and accuses me of being a charlatan; why? For stating my opinion and asking questions?  Apparently, he just wants to hear from others who only share his opinion and shows complete disregard and lack of patience for those of us who have different opinions.  He thinks that only he has the right to talk about freedom and liberty.. what horse shit!  I guess he is incapable of considering ideas contrary to his beliefs and naively wishes anyone holding those beliefs should just miraculously disappear.  Your intolerance is sickening!  Wake up.. I am not going away.

JohnnyB:  It is very unfortunate to read your post that my presence here on NJGF is “to disrupt and distract”.  Is it your preference to only read posts that affirm your position, that you agree with, that do not challenge your thinking? If so, what is even the point to waste your time here if this is just a self-congratulating, bitching echo chamber of like-minded people?  Is that really that interesting to you?  Have you no curiosity of other ideas, let alone tolerance for a healthy debate?  If not, then go ahead and retreat into your comfortable tribal circle-jerk and pretend that it does not matter that others may disagree with you.

The vile hatred, vilification and intolerance for people who do not march in lockstep with the five of you and your shared beliefs is very unfortunate.  It is very apparent that you just believe what you want to believe, regardless of the facts and make harsh judgements on me and some others here because we state ideas or opinions that differ from yours.  Maybe I should not be surprised, but I do find it sad and disappointing and realize that attitude is part of why our country is so polarized and divided and may continue to be so for years to come.

AVB-AMG

2 hours ago, AVB-AMG said:

Rather than just gang bashing me, would any of you care to actually read and offer your comments and opinions on the op-ed piece written by FL Republican Congressman and former U.S. Army bomb technician Brian Mast, titled:  Appreciate Assault Weapons.  And I Support a Ban.

I think he has some valid ideas and think that some of you may actually agree....  Then again, some of you may not, which is fine.  Can we actually have a discussion on the points he has raised?

AVB-AMG

I read it.  Commented on a statement he made that I quoted.  

His ideas are crap.  He has no idea of the cause of the shooting and if he believes his suggestions will prevent school kids from getting killed, he is delusional.  I think its more likely he is sucking up to the left out of political expedience. 

Nothing he suggests is relevant.

Edit:  I was not going to say anything derogatory about the congressman but...I changed my mind.  After reading his article again, the man is an idiot.

• Like 3

Seriously?  Are your feelings hurt?  I’m sorry, you MUST have known the reaction you’d get. Savored in it is more likely.  You post to a pro-2A board and article about banning the most popular rifle in America and state that you AGREE with it.  That’s like going to the Toyota forum and screaming that the Camry sucks.   This is why you’re being called a troll.  You know what you’re doing, and you’re doing it just to kick the ants nest. You don’t get to act offended. 

• Like 6

Sigmund frued in da howse.  Can i get an oh yeah.  Whatever.  Go tell your wife your problem.  Friggin snowflake.   Ok. You support the 2nd a.   At your interpretive version of it.   Its all or nothing.  And furthermore.  You just love the attention of having all these peoples attention focused on you.  Thats why youre wasting everyones time here. You get off on having them fixated on YOU.  Get a life.  Join the circus or whatever you do in libitard America.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AVB-AMG said:

what point is it even waste your time here if this is just a self-congratulating, bitching echo chamber of like-minded people?  Is that really that interesting to you?  Have you no interest, let alone tolerance for a healthy debate?  If not, then go ahead and retreat into your comfortable tribal circle-jerk and pretend that it does not matter that others may disagree with you.

You sir are wasting YOUR your time here as well as ours! Please seek life elsewhere and stop interrupting my comfortable tribal circle-jerk!

Others here do disagree with me on some issues and I welcome the debate.......You are consistently 180 degrees out of phase with everyone here! I take it you did not understand the Sesame Street video. Back on the block list you go........I foolishly tried to give you a chance!  

• Like 1

Hey shit for brains.  Mda has weekly meetings around the state.  I think thats right up your alley.  You can drive your(mercedes) prius there with your hillary and obama stickers on it.    Seriously though.  You really need to step back and be rational.  You try to portray yourself as an intelect.  Well thats where the problem starts.  Over thinking things that are so simple of an answer it needs to go no further.  The depth that you delve is like jumping in a pool of 8’ depth with 2’ of water.  You need not go deeper.  The apparence is on the surface.  All of our answers are there 1” before your face smashes the concrete.   So.  The problem isnt with the firearm.  Its with the human behind it.  Call of duty from a young age perhaps.  Idk.  Look at the extenuating circumstances.  Why did it happen.  Why did this person do it.  Not the tool they did it with.  This same thing has been said time and time again.   Grasp that truthful realism and take it from there.  Stop grasping for straws.  Be realistic.  Not idealistic.  Youre not a prophet.  Step back.  Look at the whole picture.  Not what msm feeds you.   Be well.  And f off. 

Youre lucky you got all that.  Usually i have not patience for one with an egoistic intellect.  Douche.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, AVB-AMG said:

AVB-AMG

No one wants to discuss this with you because Mast's "points" have no basis in reality.

If you could make every gun on the entire planet disappear, all you would be doing is turning a school shooter into a school bomber, or a school arsonist, or a guy who drove a truck through a school. You wouldn't be solving the problem, because you would still be left with an angry, deranged, hateful person wanting to hurt someone. Are we trying to stop school shootings only, or do we want all school violence/revenge/infamy crimes to stop?

Banning guns in this situation is like discovering a leaking sewer pipe in your basement, and just putting a bucket under it. You may not have shit on the floor anymore, but that bucket is going to get full eventually. What are you going to do then, not shit at home anymore? Lug buckets of shit around your house? NO, YOU ARE GOING TO FIX THE PIPE!

We need to treat the problem, not the symptom!

"Most nights in Afghanistan, I wielded an M4 carbine and a .40-caliber pistol. The total barrel length of my M4 was approximately 14 inches with Trijicon ACOG sights, as well as an infrared laser. I usually carried 10 magazines stacked with 20 rounds of 5.56-millimeter ammunition each."

Can someone with prior or current military service explain the following?

*Why is his sidearm a .40 cal and not a 9mm?

*Does the Army use 20 round magazines or is he downloading 30 round magazines by 10?

Regards,

TokenEntry

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AVB-AMG said:

I find it amazing, if not appalling, reading many of the recent posts on this thread that are in response to my sharing the op-ed piece by Rep. Brian Mast.  Why is it that so many of you are unwilling to even read a short article and then so quick to get sidetracked and start to gang criticize me in a mob-like mentality?  I am not expecting you to necessarily agree with his suggestions, but would appreciate hearing your reasoned opinions as to why you disagree.  Some of you have done that, while others refuse to do so, which is unfortunate.  To those of you who have, thank you…. To the knuckleheads who have attacked me, this is what I think of you:

Golf Battery:  Apparently prefers to ignore stated opinions that he disagrees with by telling those folks to “shut up” and seems to consistently puts his head in the sand, not willing to expend the energy to read more than a few sentences before he makes up his mind.  It is people like him who jump to conclusions and are apparently unable to digest and consider alternative ideas, opinions and suggestions and thus risk making regretful mistakes in the process.

Matty:  Continues to repeat with no evidence, his incorrect and absurd belief that I am some sort of paid shill and now states that I am a “paid Russian Shill” and that I “want you dead”.  If I was a paid (or unpaid) Russian Shill, I would be an ardent Donald Trump supporter here, which obviously I am not.  Maybe you should actually read what I wrote before you make such a stupid comment.  As a patriotic American citizen and legal firearm owner in NJ, I find his continuous blasphemous unsubstantiated lies about me very tiresome, so just go fuck yourself….

capt14k:  Once again, he continues his extreme belligerent vile accusations, calling me a paid troll and/or shill, who has never offered any evidence of his false accusations.  He is like Donald Trump….  Lie about something, stating a falsehood and keep repeating it so that the stupid, uneducated folks will eventually believe it, without any proof.  There is no hope for this miscreant and it is not worth even having a dialogue with him since he is so unwilling to rationally and politely consider other points of view without resorting to libel.

USRifle30Cal:  Contrary to his assertion, I do support the 2nd Amendment and always have.  He also wants me to “go away” and accuses me of being a charlatan; why? For stating my opinion and asking questions?  Apparently, he just wants to hear from others who only share his opinion and shows complete disregard and lack of patience for those of us who have different opinions.  He thinks that only he has the right to talk about freedom and liberty.. what horse shit!  I guess he is incapable of considering ideas contrary to his beliefs and naively wishes anyone holding those beliefs should just miraculously disappear.  Your intolerance is sickening!  Wake up.. I am not going away.

JohnnyB:  It is very unfortunate to read your post that my presence here on NJGF is “to disrupt and distract”.  Is it your preference to only read posts that affirm your position, that agree with you, that do not challenge your thinking? If so, what point is it even waste your time here if this is just a self-congratulating, bitching echo chamber of like-minded people?  Is that really that interesting to you?  Have you no interest, let alone tolerance for a healthy debate?  If not, then go ahead and retreat into your comfortable tribal circle-jerk and pretend that it does not matter that others may disagree with you.

The vile hatred, vilification and intolerance for people who do not march in lockstep with the five of you and your shared beliefs is very unfortunate.  It is very apparent that you just believe what you want to believe, regardless of the facts and make harsh judgements on me and some others here because we state ideas or opinions that differ from yours.  Maybe I should not be surprised, but I do find it sad and disappointing and realize that attitude is part of why our country is so polarized and divided and may continue to be so for years to come.

AVB-AMG

I've learned it from you liberal assholes....

I demand abject tolerance of my ideas and beliefs,  and I scorn, ridicule demean, bemoan and/or otherwise marginalize....anyone who does not tolerate what I want when I want it. My requirement of your tolerance pf my needs, by my complete and abject intolerance of anything you have to say or think...is the liberal way.

how's it feel chuckles?....now go get your shine box.....dope.

• Like 1

How about we start at the top of the constitution. Lets start with 1A, we should strip AVB and the rest of the liberals of their freedom of speech. Then we can talk about banning more guns...........whats that? no support from the liberals because they don't have their 1A. Awww to bad 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, fishnut said:

How about we start at the top of the constitution. Lets start with 1A, we should strip AVB and the rest of the liberals of their freedom of speech. Then we can talk about banning more guns...........whats that? no support from the liberals because they don't have their 1A. Awww to bad 

I support the 1a, but no right is absolute. I think it’s obvious that we need common sense free speech controls. It is way too easy for a dangerous journalist or politician to gain access to the words “common sense”. We need background checks and mental health evaluations before someone can get such inflamitory terms.

it is also far too easy to use the “cut and paste” loophole for prohibited people to gain access to these terms and ideas.  

• Like 1

"Most nights in Afghanistan, I wielded an M4 carbine and a .40-caliber pistol. The total barrel length of my M4 was approximately 14 inches with Trijicon ACOG sights, as well as an infrared laser. I usually carried 10 magazines stacked with 20 rounds of 5.56-millimeter ammunition each."
Can someone with prior or current military service explain the following?
*Why is his sidearm a .40 cal and not a 9mm?
*Does the Army use 20 round magazines or is he downloading 30 round magazines by 10?
Regards,
TokenEntry
I was wondering that myself. For the M16 the aluminum 20 round mags I understand were preferred, but I've never read or heard about 20 round mags being preferred today. Also the .40 seems strange, especially in a combat zone from a logistics standpoint.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Seems Brian Mast learned quickly how to be a scumbag politician. He took $100k from sugar farmers then claimed he gave it all back when in reality he gave back $12k. When questioned by Republican running against him he called them a piece of shit.

http://floridapolitics.com/archives/220282-brian-mast-fudges-promise-return-sugar-money-blasts-opponent-calls

Maybe Soros gave him a nice payday to right that Op-Ed or just sign his name to it? He is a proven sell out.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, voyager9 said:

Seriously?  Are your feelings hurt?  I’m sorry, you MUST have known the reaction you’d get. Savored in it is more likely.  You post to a pro-2A board and article about banning the most popular rifle in America and state that you AGREE with it.  That’s like going to the Toyota forum and screaming that the Camry sucks.   This is why you’re being called a troll.  You know what you’re doing, and you’re doing it just to kick the ants nest. You don’t get to act offended. 

lol. i did on ls1 exactly what avb's doing here. i got banned within a week, lololol

EDIT: i should add, that in my instance, i had facts on my side. the post that got me banned was when i posted video showing that the gt500 was 3 seconds faster 'round nurburgring than their zl1. :)

• Like 1

a parts company i deal with.....one of the counter guys was a vet. 1 tour in each afganastan and iraq. him and i got into it one day....when he tried telling me that the ar15 and m4 are the exact same rifle. he got pissed to the point where he hung up on me when i questioned his knowledge.