AVB-AMG

I Appreciate Assault Weapons. And I Support a Ban

4 minutes ago, Zeke said:

It’s extremely disturbing that the left is coaching a child, and using a victim this way. Period 

i would assume he is old enough to decide on his own whether or not he is a pawn used be the left, or doing something he truly believes in, but apparently, 21 is the age we become an adult now and shouldnt own a gun by then either.  

5 minutes ago, n4p226r said:

i would assume he is old enough to decide on his own whether or not he is a pawn used be the left, or doing something he truly believes in, but apparently, 21 is the age we become an adult now and shouldnt own a gun by then either.  

Kind of ironic isn’t it?

This thread shifted around quite a bit, as expected of threads started by certain folks. 

On the topic of thread drifting, I am not worried about idiots & incompetents that need enlightening or training as much as I am about smart, sane people who are out to play psychological games just for the fun of it. In my worthless opinion, they are far more dangerous. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, n4p226r said:

than why not cut yours up or turn yours in.  if you believe its ok for them to ban these rifles, lead by example.   there are plenty of acceptable compromises that rational people can make to meet in the middle.  you are going up against people that hate you and would rather you be in jail for having a 15 round mag than a repeat drug dealer.  you do realize what you are saying is acceptable is generational confiscation. they arent confiscating YOUR guns, but as soon as you die it gets confiscated.    it also goes against just about every supreme court interpretation of what the 2nd amendment actually means.  

n4p226r:

You seem to be a bit confused on where I stand, so let me clarify:
- I have no intention of cutting up my guns....
- I also do not believe it is OK for them (the Federal Government) to ban these rifles (AR-15's).  You will have to have read ALL of my posts in this thread to realize that.

- While we cannot plan for every eventuality, we can proactively take steps to anticipate what will happen to AND what we want to happen to, all of our firearms once we die.  The first step, IMHO, is to research and learn what the laws and regulations are in the state of your legal residence. Doing this I discovered that we in NJ have rather draconian laws pertaining to passing along firearms to relatives, let alone non-relatives.Thankfully, I do not live in CA where they are extremely restrictive in their regulations, but NJ is not too far behind. 

I have investigated what the current transfer laws are in NJ and have taken measures with an attorney to set up a revocable trust that I will bequeath and transfer all of my firearms into.  My heirs who are now all over the age of 18 and will be over 21 before I die (I hope...), who I know are interested in some or all of my firearms, are all named trustees of that trust and will have access to them, as long as they are not drug addicts or felons/ex-felons, which I don't think they will be.  If these relatives are still living in NJ, unless the law changes, will all have to apply for and obtain a State of New Jersey Firearms Purchaser Identification Card, (just like all of us current NJ gun owners).  I have also explained to them that at that point, (hopefully far in the future...), they should also contact a Federal Firearms Licensee (FFL) to assist them in estimating the current $ value of each firearm for insurance purposes and to assist them in finding a conveniently located professional firearms instructor with access to a gun range to teach them how to properly shoot, clean, store and travel with firearms, following all current state and federal laws.  They all know that I have taken multiple training courses, including some of the NRA "Basic" courses, as a good starting point and that I strongly believe they should do the same, if they want to use any firearm, whether it is originally from me or one that they purchase on their own.

AVB-AMG

maybe i did miss something.  but you do say in the title that "i support a ban"

as for your revocable trust, thats fine based on EXISTING law.   you mentioned grandfathering if they do pass more restrictive laws.   in every bill suggesting grandfathering ive seen in NY for example, they do not allow you to transfer to someone after death.   

• Like 2

On 3/1/2018 at 3:50 PM, n4p226r said:

maybe i did miss something.  but you do say in the title that "i support a ban"

as for your revocable trust, thats fine based on EXISTING law.   you mentioned grandfathering if they do pass more restrictive laws.   in every bill suggesting grandfathering ive seen in NY for example, they do not allow you to transfer to someone after death.   

Yes, you are correct that the thread title includes that statement (referring to the FL Congressman's Op-Ed piece) and I said in my initial post that he made some good points that I agreed with and that I could live with banning future sales of AR-15's, (at that point.....)  That is why I said you would need to read all the posts in this thread, or at the very least my posts, in order to understand my epiphany on this specific topic.  FYI, here is a link to the key post that I made in regard to this:

I did not mention "grandfathering" and do not expect that idea to be included with and in regard to any possible new gun legislation.

All we can do now for our estate planning is based on existing law and it will be up to us to modify our legal tactics, as necessary, if and when the laws change, as I assume they will over the coming years.  Also, once we move out of NJ to wherever we end up going, I will have to revise all of this to abide by the then current laws in that state.  All this is a royal PITA, but an important and necessary action if one really cares about what will ultimately happen to their firearms immediately following their passing....

AVB-AMG

3 minutes ago, voyager9 said:

AVB-threads should have term limits. 

Well, since I don't have an Editor I guess term limits are the next best thing.....

AVB-AMG

(BTW: I am for term limits for Supreme Court Justices, as well as Senators and Congressmen.....)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AVB-AMG said:

Well, since I don't have an Editor I guess term limits are the next best thing.....

AVB-AMG

(BTW: I am for term limits for Supreme Court Justices, as well as Senators and Congressmen.....)

If the age of maturity is the new 21. What is the age senility? RBG fo life yo!

If the age of maturity is the new 21. What is the age senility? RBG fo life yo!

Zeke:

Raising the age from 18 to 21 for people to buy guns and ammo may or may not help reduce mass shootings, but really is a small "band-aid" approach.

Honestly, I think the real age for maturity in our country today is somewhere around 40...

Of course, I can only speak for myself but boy, it was really tough going before then...  making some good decisions and choices, but also many bad and/or regrettable ones.

Also, just observing "youth" today makes me think this is a valid assumption.

Most textbooks say that signs of dementia and/or senility begin after age 65 and become more pronounced around age 75.  That is why, IMHO, I have advocated that Supeme Court Judges should have 20 year term limits or be forced to retire at age 75 to make room for a younger mind.

AVB-AMG

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, AVB-AMG said:

AVB-AMG

Congress/senate, I agree. Political positions were never meant to be a career. You do your service then go back to your day-job. These days the clowns stay in for 30+ years. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

if a fed ban happens, there'll probably be grandfathering. doesn't do us much good here though.....'cause pfrnj doesn't grandfather.....

But what if you are a grandfather.  :hi:

10 minutes ago, voyager9 said:

Congress/senate, I agree. Political positions were never meant to be a career. You do your service then go back to your day-job. These days the azz  clowns stay in for 30+ years. 

I corrected  your quote 

12 minutes ago, AVB-AMG said:

Zeke:

Raising the age from 18 to 21 for people to buy guns and ammo may or may not help reduce mass shootings, but really is a small "band-aid" approach.

Honestly, I think the real age for maturity in our country today is somewhere around 40...
Of course, I can only speak for myself but boy, it was really tough going before then...  making some good decisions and choices, but also many bad and/or regrettable ones.
Also, just observing "youth" today makes be think this is a valid assumption.

Most textbooks say that signs of dementia and/or senility begin after age 65 and become more pronounced around age 75.  That is why, IMHO, I have advocated that Supeme Court Judges should have 20 year term limits or be forced to retire at age 75 to make room for a younger mind.

AVB-AMG

You cannot fly an airliner commercially after 65... I think I’m mostly, to very mostly correct on that.

2 hours ago, Zeke said:

You cannot fly an airliner commercially after 65... I think I’m mostly, to very mostly correct on that.

I want to die quietly in my sleep like my grandfather.. not screaming in terror like his passengers. 

2 hours ago, Zeke said:

Hmmm...Pilots can't be trusted to fly a plane that could kill hundreds of people. It's okay though for Presidents, Senators, congressmen and SCOTUS judges even though their mistakes could potentially kill millions! Man are we ever FU@%ED UP!

• Like 3

i think some people need to go back and read the federalist papers. or just watch my boy ted cruz and get educated in 1 minute. to sum, the 2nd amendment was specifically designed so that i am protected in my right to own tools of war equal or superior to those in use by the government. full stop.  machine guns, semi autos, ar15s, uzis, apache gunships, whatever your bank account can afford. 

• Like 2

On 2/23/2018 at 5:17 PM, Zeke said:

Are Leo, National guard, military... not American citizens also?

hmmn, read up on history bud, and current events.

May i add that the National Guard and military are the same exact thing! 

• Like 1