Andrewes

New Member Middlesex county

Hello everyone! Just wanted to drop by to introduce Myself. Name is andrew, from Middlesex county. Just got my long gun license and a couple handgun permits. Been shooting for a few years now and wanted to get ahead before the next season starts.  I was looking around and found that two organizations around me the old bridge rifle and pistol club and scfgpa were two great organizations that I was very much interested in. I know that scfgpa is a closed organization but I wanted to get some knowledge on both organizations from actual members of the associations.  Thank you all in advance 

Welcome to the forums ... im only a member of RTSP and soon will be of ANJRPC/Cherry Ridge as well.   I've seen a handful of posts from members of both OBRPC & SCFGPA so im sure you'll get your share of responses from both. I have yet to shoot at either but I hear good things about both of them. If you do a search for both of those you'll find threads with a lot of info on them to help get you started while your waiting for others to chime in here.

• Like 1

@AndrewS I love it there.   I have a membership, so i take advantage of Sat and Sun mornings 7am to 10am where its members only.  During that time frame i've only ever had to wait once and that was for 10 mins.  During the day on the weekends are of course busier... so I usually try to stick to member only hours, but the longest wait i've ever encountered has been 30 mins. I haven't  shot there on a weekday yet so I can't comment on those.

Very clean, staff is very pleasant... RO's have been very nice and helpful if you have any questions.  It's a longer drive for me, but I specifically became a member there because when I get a membership someplace I expect that to mean something .. and not just act as a "pre-paid discount" for range time.  At RTSP with my membership I dont pay for range time.   I guess it all depends on how often you plan to go shooting, but I tend to go at least once a week so either there or elsewhere such as GFH, Longshot etc, you need to calculate out how much your going to shoot and if a membership and the perks make sense for your given situation.

GFH is a nice place too .. anyone I have every dealt with is very friendly and helpful.  But just way too crowded for my tastes.  GFH is closer than RTSP for me but I still go to RTSP.   Once they open their expansion and have the 60 ports, then maybe that will help with the wait times and such.. i would hope so anyway.

• Like 1

Welcome.  SCFGPA is a private range, yes.  Membership is open but you do need a referral and there is a training requirement.

OBRPC is a private range as well but is open to membership.  It does require a good amount of workdays, etc to join, however.

If you're in Middlesex County, both are good options for private range memberships.

Tactical Training Center in Flemington is relatively close as well for a public range.

3 hours ago, reed338 said:

Hi welcome

the ob range is $384.00 per year and 12 work hrs .

if you would like to check the range out let me know Bob Reed

Do they allow Steel targets? How does bringing guests work, as i like to bring people along to introduce them. I am a member of Range 14 so i usually just go there and pay 4$/hr per person. I Never looked into it; 200 yards is nice but it'd be awesome to have a local place, and 100 yards is plenty for typical rifle shooting. Can just hit up Range 14 when i want to shoot a bit further.

Welcome! I'm a member at Easton Fish & Game and love it there. It's pretty cheap and a lot of range for what you're paying, plus there's a little more freedom in Easton ;)

6 hours ago, reed338 said:

Hi welcome

the ob range is $384.00 per year and 12 work hrs .

if you would like to check the range out let me know Bob Reed

Thank you I would be very much interested in taking a look around, can I message sometime later this week and we can setup a good time to meet? 

2 hours ago, JR88USMC said:

Welcome! I'm a member at Easton Fish & Game and love it there. It's pretty cheap and a lot of range for what you're paying, plus there's a little more freedom in Easton ;)

Haha definitely somewhere I gotta check out! If I’m ever in that area you’ll be the first person I call 

2 hours ago, Lambo2936 said:

Do they allow Steel targets? How does bringing guests work, as i like to bring people along to introduce them. I am a member of Range 14 so i usually just go there and pay 4$/hr per person. I Never looked into it; 200 yards is nice but it'd be awesome to have a local place, and 100 yards is plenty for typical rifle shooting. Can just hit up Range 14 when i want to shoot a bit further.

OBRPC?  Yes - steel targets at the pits IIRC.  They have Steel matches as well as USPSA and IDPA which all have steel targets.

2 minutes ago, Krdshrk said:

OBRPC?  Yes - steel targets at the pits IIRC.  They have Steel matches as well as USPSA and IDPA which all have steel targets.

Cool. R14 allows steel targets but only at 200 Yards. Tired of shooting at paper. Have a cool new Steel setup i'll be posting about for 200yd shooting but i would love to build a dueling tree. 6" Plate dueling tree would be a bit difficult at 200 yards, but at 100 it'd be pretty cool with AR's.