CaptainSlow

Another new member from Somerset County

Hello all,

I am from in Warren Township.  I am new to guns, got started by my father-in-law.  Just ordered my first handgun, a S&W 686 plus 4".  I have a second permit and will likely purchase a CZ-75B in a month or so.  I have shot with the FIL at CJRCP, it is a bit of a hike for me but I will probably join anyway because it seems to be the best facility around, and I plan on doing some rifle shooting as well.  We are down that way as the FIL and sister-in-law live in the vicinity so I can swing by on family function days.

Just thought I would say hello.

Marc

2 hours ago, CaptainSlow said:

SCFGPA would certainly be the most convenient for me but they make it clear on the website that they are not accepting new members. 

Membership is open... if you know someone that can sponsor you for membership.  Unfortunately, my quota's capped

On 2/26/2018 at 9:14 AM, Krdshrk said:

Membership is open... if you know someone that can sponsor you for membership.  Unfortunately, my quota's capped

To the OP....

welcome to the forum.  I’m an ex bridgewater guy that moved to Clinton as the family grew.  Keep an eye out for the monthly shotgun meet ups.  Everyone is welcome. 

And to Krdshrk that’s such a tease.  Lol

Welcome! I'm in Bedminster so local to you. Give Easton Fish & Game a look, it's about a 40 minute drive and a pretty sweet facility.

How much is it a year? I’m interested as I do live 10 minutes away but since all I really like shooting is AR’s & AK’s I don’t want to commit to joining a club in a state where I may be a criminal soon. There is a 100 yard indoor range right?

17 minutes ago, JR88USMC said:

How much is it a year? I’m interested as I do live 10 minutes away but since all I really like shooting is AR’s & AK’s I don’t want to commit to joining a club in a state where I may be a criminal soon. There is a 100 yard indoor range right?

$50 per year. AR & AK are good to go but you might get some eye rolling from the older guys. I pulled out my SCAR once and they started mumbling to them selves lol. 100 yard rifle range is outdoor. 

Edit:  I thought you were asking about EFGA..

for anyone interested https://www.efga.net/join/

4 minutes ago, SmittyMHS said:

I'm 3 minutes away and thought about trying to join. Heard the 100yd rifle range is a pipe you shoot threw underground. No thank you. I'd rather shoot at TTC then threw a pipe. My hearing is bad enough. lol

Oh and welcome!

I live less than 2 miles away and have not joined for that reason...i shoot much more rifle that pistol.  

Yeah it's 100 yard fixed, Underground, through some concrete pipes.  The noise/echo is amazing.  I do it more for test firing/etc.  

Edit:  That being said - with the range improvements - the backstop in the main range MAY be upgraded to take rifle rounds... that's still potentially pending.

1 hour ago, GramGun79 said:

$50 per year. AR & AK are good to go but you might get some eye rolling from the older guys. I pulled out my SCAR once and they started mumbling to them selves lol. 100 yard rifle range is outdoor. 

Edit:  I thought you were asking about EFGA..

for anyone interested https://www.efga.net/join/

I've been a member at EFGA for 2 years, happy with that choice.

48 minutes ago, Krdshrk said:

Yeah it's 100 yard fixed, Underground, through some concrete pipes.  The noise/echo is amazing.  I do it more for test firing/etc.  

Edit:  That being said - with the range improvements - the backstop in the main range MAY be upgraded to take rifle rounds... that's still potentially pending.

no thanks :lol: I won't shoot my .308 at anywhere indoors out of respect for my fellow shooters. Even though I double up on ear pro it can still be loud. Heck I've been places where someone next to me has an AR15 with a really loud compensator and that's obnoxious at time.

Just now, JR88USMC said:

no thanks :lol: I won't shoot my .308 at anywhere indoors out of respect for my fellow shooters. Even though I double up on ear pro it can still be loud. Heck I've been places where someone next to me has an AR15 with a really loud compensator and that's obnoxious at time.

You should hear 7.62x54R out of a mosin M44 with a muzzle brake... lol.

up where I grew up in Roxbury Township there is some good land for a range, both off Dell Ave/Berkshire Valley Road where the Quarry is and where Hercules once sat. No one wants to do anything with the Hercules land because of all the unknown explosives planted. I have heard hundreds of times through my life that something was going to be done with Hercules by someone and still nothing. I think burning the entire property down and building a Range would be best. You could build A LOT of ranges on that property.