capt14k

Those who moved to Florida Sorry, Those Thinking of Moving to Fla Don't.

Liberalism has spread to the state of Florida, and with it disrespect for the Constitution and in particular the Second Amendment. My condolences to those who chose to move from NJ to Florida, and my advice for those thinking of Moving to Florida is don't. It will soon be the NJ of the South.

While the Senate Committee barely killed the AWB bill all but one Republican voted for a bill that will require 3 day waiting periods, raise age to purchase to 21, and ban bump stocks. Maybe this bill doesn't get signed this year, but if Florida gets a Democrat for Governor you can be sure it will be the law in the future. Especially with so many RINOs in the State of Florida. For those who did move hopefully Florida 2A groups will be trying to vote out the RINOs who got this bill out of committee. They are:

Sens. Lizbeth Benacquisto, R-Fort Myers; Rob Bradley, R-Fleming Island; Jeff Brandes, R-St. Petersburg; Bill Galvano, R-Bradenton; Keith Perry, R-Gainesville; and Wilton Simpson, R-Trilby, and ; Anitere Flores, R-Miami (she also voted for AWB).

Only Republican to vote against it was Tom Lee. Surprisingly he was joined by 3 Democrats.

https://www.politico.com/states/florida/story/2018/02/26/gop-led-senate-panel-approves-gun-reform-bill-rejects-assault-weapons-ban-amid-loud-protests-278581

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

FLA is the next liberal bastion - look how the deck starts getting stacked with liberal leaning states - think of the electoral college....kinda odd how that happens...right?  [emoji4]

525px-ElectoralCollege2016.svg.png
I forgot how many faithless electors the Dems had. That map shows me we are in the driver's seat as long as we stop the flow of illegals, and those in Free States get out and vote. The Dems are trying to take the Eastern Seaboard and Southwest through relocations. It's no mistake that so many large companies have moved to Charlotte and Atlanta. Also they are attracting Northern Retirees to NC and Florida. Out West the Cali Commies and their Posse of illegals have already infected NM and CO. They have their sites set on Nevada, Texas, and Arizona. Fortunately they are losing ground in the rust belt. Hopefully the same pattern follows in Washington State and Oregon.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

The committee barely killed because like every committee there is a one person majority based on the majority party.  Florida is still one of the few states that has a republican Super majority.  Even if it were to get out of committee it would not have passed.  

Bunp stock didn’t pass abs the three day waiting period happened years ago  21 for AR15 private sales passed   It needs the house and then full legislature   21 is a gimme because trump will pass it federally   

That being said if Floridians get lax allowing the northern liberals to control the vote we will be screwed. The non urban center / snowbird Floridian needs to show up at the polls or risk the transition.  

The interesting part is Florida is attractive to people from the north because of the 0% income tax. Oddly the same people that drove up taxes in the Northeast are seeking a haven to save on them as they begin to retire 

5 hours ago, mossburger said:

3 day waiting period? Better than the three plus months it takes in NJ...

That’s waived with CWP. 

Florida is not going full libtard. The media want us to believe that so we just give up. It is part of their propaganda campaign (just like annoy jane from nam).  This garbage is coming from Miami, part of libtard land, just like those pockets in every state. It's just this tantrum is a bit louder,   just noise. Stay focused!

we already have a 3-day wait for handguns, but it's waived if you have a cwl .

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Rob0115 said:

The interesting part is Florida is attractive to people from the north because of the 0% income tax. Oddly the same people that drove up taxes in the Northeast are seeking a haven to save on them as they begin to retire 

You can take someone out of libtard land, but you can't take the libtard out of them

Disagree with the Main Post. Sure there is a lot of noise but nothing catastrophic will be passed here. 3 day wait is not a deal breaker, that is the wait on a handgun if you don't have a CWC. We can debate age 21 on an AR, I have mixed feelings on that one, but would probably vote against. The 500 they want to spend on the schools-go for it.  They will never get the AR ban through the full Legislature here. By the way the proposal on the AR ban had a grandfather exception etc.

The committee barely killed because like every committee there is a one person majority based on the majority party.  Florida is still one of the few states that has a republican Super majority.  Even if it were to get out of committee it would not have passed.  

Bunp stock didn’t pass abs the three day waiting period happened years ago  21 for AR15 private sales passed   It needs the house and then full legislature   21 is a gimme because trump will pass it federally   

That being said if Floridians get lax allowing the northern liberals to control the vote we will be screwed. The non urban center / snowbird Floridian needs to show up at the polls or risk the transition.  

That’s waived with CWP. 

Of course there is a one person majority on committee, but the AWB was killed with the help of a Democrat. A member of GOP crosssed party lines. The other proposals only one member of GOP went against. The rest were for it. That is the scary part. 3 Dems were also against.

I know you understand what will happen if you are complacent, but others seem to think Second Amendment Rights are a given in Florida. That is quickly changing. Pro-2A voters need to vote.

• Like 1

I'm not moving to FL, NC, SC, NV, PA, or AZ.  That's where NJ residents move most often.  We're going to ruin those states too.

Don't forget NM and Colorado were already ruined by Californians. Texas is on the endangered list as well. I also fear for Georgia due to Atlanta and it's Suburbs.

I guess that leaves Alabama, Mississippi, and Louisiana if you want to be on the water in warm climate.

Maine and NH if you like Mountains and Cold Ocean, but they aren't exactly Conservative Strongholds.

Kentucky and Tennessee are looking better to me. I've never been to Kentucky, but I have Tennessee. I loved the Smokey Mountains.

• Like 1

While still about a decade to go, but the choice right now is between NH which I know fairly well and TN which I don't. I think by the time I'm ready NH will be too far gone. 

Keep an eye on FL for the midterms and the 2020 presidential and the impact that the couple hundred thousand Puerto Ricans that resettled there after the hurricane will have. I think FL is a couple of election cycles away from being solid blue.

While still about a decade to go, but the choice right now is between NH which I know fairly well and TN which I don't. I think by the time I'm ready NH will be too far gone. 

Keep an eye on FL for the midterms and the 2020 presidential and the impact that the couple hundred thousand Puerto Ricans that resettled there after the hurricane will have. I think FL is a couple of election cycles away from being solid blue.

Republican held Florida Senate passed gun control legislation. Now on to the Florida House. Those who say it isn’t a big deal are kidding themselves. Once gun control legislation starts trickling in soon it will be pouring in.

• Like 1

On 2/27/2018 at 11:41 AM, capt14k said:

Liberalism has spread to the state of Florida, and with it disrespect for the Constitution and in particular the Second Amendment. My condolences to those who chose to move from NJ to Florida, and my advice for those thinking of Moving to Florida is don't. It will soon be the NJ of the South.

While the Senate Committee barely killed the AWB bill all but one Republican voted for a bill that will require 3 day waiting periods, raise age to purchase to 21, and ban bump stocks. Maybe this bill doesn't get signed this year, but if Florida gets a Democrat for Governor you can be sure it will be the law in the future. Especially with so many RINOs in the State of Florida. For those who did move hopefully Florida 2A groups will be trying to vote out the RINOs who got this bill out of committee. They are:

Sens. Lizbeth Benacquisto, R-Fort Myers; Rob Bradley, R-Fleming Island; Jeff Brandes, R-St. Petersburg; Bill Galvano, R-Bradenton; Keith Perry, R-Gainesville; and Wilton Simpson, R-Trilby, and ; Anitere Flores, R-Miami (she also voted for AWB).

Only Republican to vote against it was Tom Lee. Surprisingly he was joined by 3 Democrats.

https://www.politico.com/states/florida/story/2018/02/26/gop-led-senate-panel-approves-gun-reform-bill-rejects-assault-weapons-ban-amid-loud-protests-278581

It ain't over, 'till it's over... and it ain't over yet.   This is just the FL Senate bill.  We'll see what happens in the FL House.  We might do better.  But we're on a tear in the primaries to get these RINOs out of office.   Anitere Flores was the real turncoat, here. She's on the FL Sen. Judiciary committee, and she's the one who blocked all the pro-2A legislation (introduced by the chair of that committee) from getting out of it.  She's term limited in the FL Senate, so it doesn't really affect her that way. What she's trying to do now is run for Mayor of Miami-Dade county.  Sadly,  given the state of her constituency, she'll likely win that office. :(

BTW, Tom Lee is my Senator... Good he voted No, but the jury is still out on him...

It ain't over, 'till it's over... and it ain't over yet.   This is just the FL Senate bill.  We'll see what happens in the FL House.  We might do better.  But we're on a tear in the primaries to get these RINOs out of office.   Anitere Flores was the real turncoat, here. She's on the FL Sen. Judiciary committee, and she's the one who blocked all the pro-2A legislation (introduced by the chair of that committee) from getting out of it.  She's term limited in the FL Senate, so it doesn't really affect her that way. What she's trying to do now is run for Mayor of Miami-Dade county.  Sadly,  given the state of her constituency, she'll likely win that office. [emoji20]
BTW, Tom Lee is my Senator... Good he voted No, but the jury is still out on him...
Best of luck. I hope you guys have a RINO Purge during the primaries.

• Like 1

My house in Florida will be done by late July early August. I can't wait. I'm going to leave a car down there and I hope to have a Florida diver license by the winter. I plan now to spend 5 or 6 months there and the rest of the year, sorry to say still here to operate my seasonal business.  I'm going to keep an eye on the news and see. I know its still better than NJ is.  

9 hours ago, capt14k said:

Well the gun control bill passed the House. Does Scott Sign it?

Well, there are two things in it he doesn't like....  1)  Arming teachers in the classroom; and 2) Raising the buying age to 21.  The rest of it he likes.  Are those two things enough to get him to veto?   I don't know... But I think he knows his chances for political advancement are "slim to none" in either case... So what does he do? 

My money is on him signing it. It would result in some "short term" push back, but he might be able to weather that. We'll see.  :facepalm:

On 3/8/2018 at 8:57 AM, HBecwithFn7 said:

Well, there are two things in it he doesn't like....  1)  Arming teachers in the classroom; and 2) Raising the buying age to 21.  The rest of it he likes.  Are those two things enough to get him to veto?   I don't know... But I think he knows his chances for political advancement are "slim to none" in either case... So what does he do? 

My money is on him signing it. It would result in some "short term" push back, but he might be able to weather that. We'll see.  :facepalm:

I thought he signed it.  He can't run for re-election so he doesn't care.  The FL repubs have a lot at stake this fall they should be careful.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rob0115 said:

I thought he signed it.  He can't run for re-election so he doesn't care.  The FL repubs have a lot at stake this fall they should be careful.

He did sign it, after I posted the above.  No, he can't run for Gov. again, but he can run for US Senator.  The dem. incumbent Sen. Bill Nelson is running this year, and the thinking is that he'd run for that seat.  If we FL 2A folks have any say, he'll never get there.

• Like 1

All of you should come to Florida and bolster the ranks.  A bit of a bleak moment but still a super majority for republicans.  All of you will just make it better.  Look me up when any of you get there.  

• Like 2