capt14k

Those who moved to Florida Sorry, Those Thinking of Moving to Fla Don't.

All of you should come to Florida and bolster the ranks.  A bit of a bleak moment but still a super majority for republicans.  All of you will just make it better.  Look me up when any of you get there.  
Too many NY, NJ, New England Liberals retiring to Florida. Plus it is not fit for man nor beast from May-October. Too damn hot.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

We need conservative NJ residents to move to NC for a change. As long as you are retiring here and not looking for a good school district, you can buy up huge amounts of property 30 mins or further from town. Definitely stay out of Durham county. Avoid Cary (Containing Area for Relocated Yankees) unless you want to feel like you are still in NJ. But seriously, we need some conservative yanks to start moving here instead. NC is tired of NJ residents who "just had to get out of that shithole" and then try to make NC more like NJ. Doesn't make any sense.

Come breath the fresh, free air and help keep it free. The battle is actually ongoing here as well, but you are fighting from a position of strength. Police are very pro-2A but your interactions will be limited due to your obtainable CCW, which comes with a much larger platter of freedom.

You want beach? Take I-40 to the outer banks. You want mountains? Take I-40 to the Great Smoky Mtns. I'm going to take 6 deer on my own property this fall. Coyotes will drop like flies.

Seriously need anyone on this forum to retire out here. Keep us in the position of strength.

• Like 2

We need conservative NJ residents to move to NC for a change. As long as you are retiring here and not looking for a good school district, you can buy up huge amounts of property 30 mins or further from town. Definitely stay out of Durham county. Avoid Cary (Containing Area for Relocated Yankees) unless you want to feel like you are still in NJ. But seriously, we need some conservative yanks to start moving here instead. NC is tired of NJ residents who "just had to get out of that shithole" and then try to make NC more like NJ. Doesn't make any sense.
Come breath the fresh, free air and help keep it free. The battle is actually ongoing here as well, but you are fighting from a position of strength. Police are very pro-2A but your interactions will be limited due to your obtainable CCW, which comes with a much larger platter of freedom.

You want beach? Take I-40 to the outer banks. You want mountains? Take I-40 to the Great Smoky Mtns. I'm going to take 6 deer on my own property this fall. Coyotes will drop like flies.
Seriously need anyone on this forum to retire out here. Keep us in the position of strength.
NC is in trouble too due to Charlotte luring large banks, the Research Triangle, and Triad or whatever they call it out by Winston-Salem.

By the time retirement comes around for me I’ll be so worn out and useless to the sport of shooting. We need to change Jersey not jersey change us... love this fukking state and not giving up! Plus 

we got deer, bear, coyote,hogs too and I- 80!

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, capt14k said:

NC is in trouble too due to Charlotte luring large banks, the Research Triangle, and Triad or whatever they call it out by Winston-Salem.

Whole country is battling, but NC is a state that is still fighting from a position of strength (hence why the nationwide conceal bill originated in NC). Can't say the same about a lot of other states that were bastions of freedom just one generation ago. 

• Like 1

Whole country is battling, but NC is a state that is still fighting from a position of strength (hence why the nationwide conceal bill originated in NC). Can't say the same about a lot of other states that were bastions of freedom just one generation ago. 

NC isn't what it was a generation ago either. For God's sake they voted for Obama. Some states have become better and stronger over the years. I think Tennessee is such a state, but I fear both coasts will be lost if this isn't stopped.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thus more reason to move to these states that are still salvageable.  NC, FL, et al can remain reddish if more conservatives arrived.  It’s a place where you can make a difference and prevent from turning.  

@capt14k Northern FL climate is much milder than southern.  

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Rob0115 said:

Thus more reason to move to these states that are still salvageable.  NC, FL, et al can remain reddish if more conservatives arrived.  It’s a place where you can make a difference and prevent from turning.  

@capt14k Northern FL climate is much milder than southern.  

^^^^^^^^this

[mention=8404]capt14k[/mention] Northern FL climate is much milder than southern.  
You do have a point there. Though I think we should concentrate on saving North Carolina and Georgia first.

26 minutes ago, capt14k said:

You do have a point there. Though I think we should concentrate on saving North Carolina and Georgia first.

Nah, you're exactly what we are recruiting in FL.  Welcome home.  

10 hours ago, Sonnylee said:

By the time retirement comes around for me I’ll be so worn out and useless to the sport of shooting. We need to change Jersey not jersey change us... love this fukking state and not giving up! Plus 

we got deer, bear, coyote,hogs too and I- 80!

And now they're coming after your guns even after you die......no timeline here to disarm us....me, I done living in a Sty they call a State.....bankrupt, depleated, corrupt, legalize drugs and now 2 Mooslim Mosques under construction in a 3 mi. radius of my home.....all that's left is convincing the wife and I'm workin' on it.

And now they're coming after your guns even after you die......no timeline here to disarm us....me, I done living in a Sty they call a State.....bankrupt, depleated, corrupt, legalize drugs and now 2 Mooslim Mosques under construction surrounding my home.....all that's left is convincing the wife and I'm workin' on it.
That's the hard part getting the wife to leave. I told her though the choices are we leave or she likely visits me in prison.

Florida is a nice state to visit... but unless you have an out of state pension, you cannot survive down here.

My sister/brother-in-law moved down to Deltona somewhere in the 2008 timeframe. He worked Florida DOT, which was incorporated into Highway Patrol. Was going to go for Sergeant, and his salary was less than most people in NJ working at a fast-food restaurant. They moved back to NJ, and even with the higher costs of living, they are doing A LOT better.

In regards to politics, I’m down in FL now, and have had my LCP on me the entire time. Problem is that when your conservative group is made up with retirees, it doesn’t take more than a few years for your demographic to change drastically. I mean no disrespect for older members, but the youth of FL doesn’t usually have the same viewpoint of the “greater” generation (not to mention that a lot of FL residents have another home up north). As time goes, more of that generation pass away... and demographics shift. Then you get this Hogg and his friends running the state within a few years.

31 minutes ago, capt14k said:

The only area I think I could live is Destin. Rest of the panhandle is too Hillbilly

Friend and his in-laws live there.  Really nice.  Come on over to the St Augustine area.  St Johns River and the Atlantic.  

I was just in St Augustine for the weekend 2 weeks ago - I was taking an EAG class with the new owner - Brian Canova - who finally took over the company after Pat passed.

Brian is a St John’s County Sheriff’s Officer and runs a great class - if anyone is in the area and is interested in quality carbine training.

Beautiful place and great people. 

I could live there.

41 minutes ago, Screwball said:

In regards to politics, I’m down in FL now, and have had my LCP on me the entire time. Problem is that when your conservative group is made up with retirees, it doesn’t take more than a few years for your demographic to change drastically. I mean no disrespect for older members, but the youth of FL doesn’t usually have the same viewpoint of the “greater” generation (not to mention that a lot of FL residents have another home up north). As time goes, more of that generation pass away... and demographics shift. Then you get this Hogg and his friends running the state within a few years.

Demography is destiny.

Friend and his in-laws live there.  Really nice.  Come on over to the St Augustine area.  St Johns River and the Atlantic.  
I did like St Augustine and their peppers.

Meh. I am moving for work reasons mainly, anyway. I have not actually had work in NJ for 5+ years, has been all travel elsewhere.  I am outta here in 3 months and buying an M1 carbine as my house warming gift to myself

cappy's been having a real bitchfest over everything it seems lately, wassmatta honey?

• Like 1

Meh. I am moving for work reasons mainly, anyway. I have not actually had work in NJ for 5+ years, has been all travel elsewhere.  I am outta here in 3 months and buying an M1 carbine as my house warming gift to myself
cappy's been having a real bitchfest over everything it seems lately, wassmatta honey?
I wouldn't call it bitching when I am trying to do something about it. If I was just complaining while sitting home yesterday that would be a different story. I am trying to change the way things are done. Since many are happy with the status quo I don't know if it will work but I will give it a shot. I've never backed down from a fight in my life and I don't plan to now.

Wan't joo griping about the train parking, low turnout, nobody taking seats away from Soros minions, and apathetic fudds/keyboard commandos the last day 'er 2? Siddown a smoke a phatty, I hear snaggletooth Phil is gonna expand the 'medical' weed program. I think needing to chill and be mellow is a valid medical excuse :)

• Like 1

Wan't joo griping about the train parking, low turnout, nobody taking seats away from Soros minions, and apathetic fudds/keyboard commandos the last day 'er 2? Siddown a smoke a phatty, I hear snaggletooth Phil is gonna expand the 'medical' weed program. I think needing to chill and be mellow is a valid medical excuse [emoji4]

Yes train parking sucks in Princeton Junction. Wasn't a big deal drove it instead.

Turnout was decent for a Monday. Would have been a lot higher on Saturday. That's making a point for the next time.

Not taking seats was piss poor planning.

Only argument was with that one clown.

Pot makes people lazy. Never liked it, never will. I am a confrontational person. I will tell you how it is online or face to face.

My bitching as you call it leads to me acting. I guess we will see what happens.

On 3/27/2018 at 10:23 AM, High Exposure said:

I was just in St Augustine for the weekend 2 weeks ago - I was taking an EAG class with the new owner - Brian Canova - who finally took over the company after Pat passed.

Brian is a St John’s County Sheriff’s Officer and runs a great class - if anyone is in the area and is interested in quality carbine training.

I could live there.

Come down and do that. I’ll put you up till you find a place and give you a key To the gun room.  

• Like 1

On 3/27/2018 at 10:23 AM, High Exposure said:

I could live there.

I was in St Augustine in September, It was hot and the water smells and tastes like sulfur.