Sign in to follow this  
gfl216

Ruger LC9s Not Legal in California?

I'm looking for a new pistol and when reading the ad for this Ruger LC9s I noticed that in the ad it says that the gun isn't California legal. It's less than 10 rds and even has a safety, what makes it illegal in California?

Whatever it is I hope that the assholes here don't try to copy that too. 

http://www.armslist.com/posts/7748889/nj-handguns-for-sale--ruger--lc9s-9mm-pistol-3--brl-blue

This is the best explanation I found!

"I am sorry the LCP is not available in California. Under California Law, center fire pistols manufactured after January 1, 2007 must be equipped with both a loaded chamber indicator and a magazine disconnect. Although the LCP has a witness hole that allows one to determine the presence of a round on the chamber, the California Department of Justice has not recognized this device as satisfying the loaded chamber indicator requirement. The LCP has no magazine disconnect either. As such, the LCP will not be offered in California in its current configuration. At this point, there are no plans to produce a California compliant model."

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, JohnnyB said:

This is the best explanation I found!

"I am sorry the LCP is not available in California. Under California Law, center fire pistols manufactured after January 1, 2007 must be equipped with both a loaded chamber indicator and a magazine disconnect. Although the LCP has a witness hole that allows one to determine the presence of a round on the chamber, the California Department of Justice has not recognized this device as satisfying the loaded chamber indicator requirement. The LCP has no magazine disconnect either. As such, the LCP will not be offered in California in its current configuration. At this point, there are no plans to produce a California compliant model."

Revolver ban backdoor loophole? Everything you linked on works for semiautomatic mag fed handguns. Christ ! What is going on here

Firearms manufacturers have shunned from submitting new firearms for approval to sell in CA.  Mostly because the state law has really stupid caveats and the process is costly and even if approved nobody will by it because nobody can use it for it's intented purpose.  Sort of a catch-22.  MA also has a process that requires approval before sales.  Don;t look back, you may be surprised in the future as well. as well.