Rob0115

Dick's Just Became Part Of The Story.....

They will not sell assault rifles any longer.  When did those dimwits sell them anyway?   I don’t shop there but I’d you do reconsider.  Idiot CEO spewing falsehoods doesn’t deserve my money   I’ll be writing him about he’s perogative not to sell civilian AR15 semi autos but that I cannot stand for him spreading misinformation that these are assault rifles  

I’ve  written Bank of America about moving my personal accounts away and United (where I earned global traveler status).   

• Like 1

anyone who's shopped at dick's since the last bit of shit they pulled is part of the problem.

dick's and now field & stream stores should be shunned always and forever.

1 minute ago, WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot said:

Worse than that. Dick’s stopped selling AR’s after Sandy Hook. They’re just getting in for free publicity.

apparently they quietly started selling them again at some point, and it appears the FL scumbag bought his blaster @ dick's.  hence their virtue signaling.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Scorpio64 said:

Dick's never sold assault rifles.

NOT in NJ at least!

Last time I went in dicks was about 10 years ago. FRIG-EM!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, sota said:

apparently they quietly started selling them again at some point, and it appears the FL scumbag bought his blaster @ dick's.  hence their virtue signaling.

Pretty sure the Parkland scumbag bought his AR at Sunrise Tactical and not Dick's.  Hey may have bought other stuff at Dick's, but it's neither here nor there.  Dick's sucks.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/owners-business-sold-gun-nikolas-cruz-shutter-shop-article-1.3825134

Gotta wonder about the intelligence level of the CEO who didn't want to become part of the story.....he did really though !!!

Was at a store awhile back with my wife and I asked the counter help about Rem. bulk ammo...they told me they weren't gettin' anymore in.....now I understand.

It's not surprising in light of how they acted after Sandyhook.

Yet, when calls here were made to boycott them and consequent reminders of how they acted were made, they were met with apathy. Rather black Friday deals were posted here and waited with baited breath. 

There were not made to pay a price then so they got emboldened.

40 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

i seem to recall quite a few here mentioning their "great deals" and being willing to show their id(grudgingly of course) in order to buy those good deals on ammo.   just sayin///////

==THIS.==

And it wasn't for lacking of reminders of how they acted after Sandy Hook.

Black Friday deals were a big thing with brochures posted ahead of time and the reminders were met with " a deal is a deal". 

We get what we deserve. every single time.

Dick's has not done well as a retailer for a while.  Making the same stupid moves as Sport's Authority.  They cannot compete in the clothing portion of sports activewear, so while I have not gone there since their last stupid move, and do not intent to, I wait their impending demise.

It takes fortitude and commitment not to grab the dangling carrot when hungry.  Some have proven that point.  Others seem to be more restrained.  Hopefully, they will be enlighten and seize the day.

Don't hang your hat on Cabelas/Bass Pro either, the CEO is not 2A friendly, and has no problem taking our money.  I have dreaded the merger from the beginning.  Time will tell.  

Retailers are cowering as usual.  Springtime is the start of a buying season second only to Christmas.  Yes, bigger than hunting season.  Nobody want to have protesters outside their store.  If market share is lost by Bass Pro, look for Cabelas to be the first victim.  

If you plan to boycott (or for some of you, to continue boycotting) them - it's always more impactful to let them know what you're doing:

Dick's Sporting Goods Corporate Office Headquarters
300 Industry Drive RIDC Park West
Pittsburgh, PA 15275 USA

Corporate Phone Number: 1-724-273-3400

Update: Scroll 2 posts down for additional contact methods posted by @GunsnFreedom 

• Like 4

I am guilty of buying ammunition and clays at Dick's when I said I would not.  The issue is, if we stopped spending our money at businesses that do not support the 2A, we would all die of starvation.   One thing to note, there are less stores due to financial troubles within the company so this is an attempt to promote themselves to anti 2A customers while distancing themselves from true 2A supporters.  They will fold eventually. 

I will be making a call to corporate this afternoon to voice my opinion.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mrs. Peel said:

If you plan to boycott (or for some of you, to continue boycotting) them - it's always more impactful to let them know what you're doing:

Dick's Sporting Goods Corporate Office Headquarters
300 Industry Drive RIDC Park West
Pittsburgh, PA 15275 USA

Corporate Phone Number: 1-724-273-3400

A physical address?  Do you want me to use pen and paper like a troglodyte?

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/helpdesk/index.jsp?display=store&subdisplay=contact&stillHaveQuestion=yes&ab=HelpDesk_ContactUs_Email

Or the CEO (which is the route I strongly suggest).  I believe his email address is:

[email protected]

6 minutes ago, Ray Ray said:

I am guilty of buying ammunition and clays at Dick's when I said I would not.  The issue is, if we stopped spending our money at businesses that do not support the 2A, we would all die of starvation.   One thing to note, there are less stores due to financial troubles within the company so this is an attempt to promote themselves to anti 2A customers while distancing themselves from true 2A supporters.  They will fold eventually. 

I will be making a call to corporate this afternoon to voice my opinion.

If you moved out of Bayonne you would see that people can actually grow some of their own food.  Concrete is tough to grow food in.

2 minutes ago, GunsnFreedom said:

A physical address?  Do you want me to use pen and paper like a troglodyte?

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/helpdesk/index.jsp?display=store&subdisplay=contact&stillHaveQuestion=yes&ab=HelpDesk_ContactUs_Email

Or the CEO (which is the route I strongly suggest).  I believe his email address is:

[email protected]

LOL, thanks for adding the email.  Choose your weapon(s)!  I will both call AND email. :D

• Like 2

I bet Dick’s goes back to selling AR’s in a few months when this all blows over. While these feel good statements will help boost sales from Lilly Liberal Housewife to buy little johnny overpriced lacrosse equipment & soccer cleats. It won’t make up for the millions in sales they are losing from not selling AR’s and other guns & ammo from the Pro2A crowd. Corporations will say this propaganda all they want but they don’t care about anything else except money, and when the sales of overpriced UnderArmour & Soccer Cleats aren’t making up for not selling millions in Firearms & Ammunition, guess what? They’ll be back to selling what makes them money.

Did they even ever sell AR's to begin with ?... never seen them on the website.. never seen them in the stores... and that's in multiple stores in multiple states.  Maybe you could have ordered them through them idk .. but with their prices who would have done that to begin with? Cant imagine they have a large profit from gun sales to begin with.  Sounds like they are tooting their own horn there when there is no reason to toot it.

Now i would LOVE to see the gun and ammo manufacturers start to fight back and say they won't sell to the states / PD's and government what they cant sell to the public. Not that they would ever do that of course, but that would be awesome .. oh .. NJSP you want to buy 30 round mags for your AR's? ... sorry the law abiding gun owners in NJ cant buy them so neither can you.

I saw this quick statement in another news release:

It is unclear what financial impact the decision will have on Dick’s business, the NYT notes. Neither Dick’s nor its competitor, Cabela’s, now owned by Bass Pro Shops, have broken out firearm sales in their financial reports. But last August, Dick’s shares plummeted after it said weak results from its hunting segment resulted in its missing Wall Street’s second-quarter earnings estimates.

Gee, I wonder what will happen to sales now???

Ahh ok .. form their official press release:

• We will no longer sell assault-style rifles, also referred to as modern sporting rifles. We had already removed them from all DICK’S stores after the Sandy Hook massacre, but we will now remove them from sale at all 35 Field & Stream stores