Rob0115

Dick's Just Became Part Of The Story.....

email that edward stack address with a scanned copy of every receipt you get for a place that sells shit dick's sells.  tell 'em "I would have shopped with you, but you don't support my rights."

PROOF like this might (hah!) have a bigger effect on their opinion, but then regardless what they do i'll never shop there again; they're dead to me.

• Like 2

Solution is to just shop till u drop at dicks. Fill your cart with loads of crap from different departments then leave the cart with a message “I would have purchased This stuff but I choose to stand with the 2nd amendment and the NRA. I’m sure they wi get tired of constantly restocking carts left all over the store.

• Like 7

It's funny, because if Big Box stores that sell guns could find a way to make money without selling guns, they would. Just ask Sports Authority, which is why they plummeted and places like REI & Eastern Mountain Sports barely get by. I've been told many times by people at Ramsey Outdoor that if they stopped selling guns, they would go under.

Did they even ever sell AR's to begin with ?... never seen them on the website.. never seen them in the stores... and that's in multiple stores in multiple states.  Maybe you could have ordered them through them idk .. but with their prices who would have done that to begin with? Cant imagine they have a large profit from gun sales to begin with.  Sounds like they are tooting their own horn there when there is no reason to toot it.
Now i would LOVE to see the gun and ammo manufacturers start to fight back and say they won't sell to the states / PD's and government what they cant sell to the public. Not that they would ever do that of course, but that would be awesome .. oh .. NJSP you want to buy 30 round mags for your AR's? ... sorry the law abiding gun owners in NJ cant buy them so neither can you.

This is what as known as the Barrett response. Barrett won't sell to California law enforcement because CA bans civilian ownership of 50bmg.

Not sure about it's impact.

I wrote their CEO and let him know that while not a Dick's shopper he can definitely count me out in the future.  And, most importantly, that he spread misinformation, they never sold assualt rifles....ever.  Dope.

2 hours ago, 1563621 said:

NOT in NJ at least!

Last time I went in dicks was about 10 years ago. FRIG-EM!!!!!!!!!!

They never sold them anywhere, ever.  They perhaps sold AR15s in some locations.    

12 minutes ago, Rob0115 said:

They never sold them anywhere, ever.  They perhaps sold AR15s in some locations.    

AR’s were sold at Field and Stream stores (in other states) awhile back. F&S is owned by Dicks. 

We at DICK’S Sporting Goods are deeply disturbed and saddened by the tragic events in Parkland. Our thoughts and prayers are with all of the victims and their loved ones.
But thoughts and prayers are not enough.
We have tremendous respect and admiration for the students organizing and making their voices heard regarding gun violence in schools and elsewhere in our country.
We have heard you. The nation has heard you.
We support and respect the Second Amendment, and we recognize and appreciate that the vast majority of gun owners in this country are responsible, law-abiding citizens. But we have to help solve the problem that’s in front of us. Gun violence is an epidemic that’s taking the lives of too many people, including the brightest hope for the future of America – our kids.
Following all of the rules and laws, we sold a shotgun to the Parkland shooter in November of 2017. It was not the gun, nor type of gun, he used in the shooting. But it could have been.
Clearly this indicates on so many levels that the systems in place are not effective to protect our kids and our citizens.
We believe it’s time to do something about it.
Beginning today, DICK’S Sporting Goods is committed to the following:

• We will no longer sell assault-style rifles, also referred to as modern sporting rifles. We had already removed them from all DICK’S stores after the Sandy Hook massacre, but we will now remove them from sale at all 35 Field & Stream stores.
  • We will no longer sell firearms to anyone under 21 years of age.
  • We will no longer sell high capacity magazines.
  • We never have and never will sell bump stocks that allow semi-automatic weapons to fire more rapidly.

At the same time, we implore our elected officials to enact common sense gun reform and pass the following regulations:

• Ban assault-style firearms
  • Raise the minimum age to purchase firearms to 21
  • Ban high capacity magazines and bump stocks
  • Require universal background checks that include relevant mental health information and previous interactions with the law
  • Ensure a complete universal database of those banned from buying firearms
  • Close the private sale and gun show loophole that waives the necessity of background checks

We hope others join us in this effort to let our kids know that their pleas are being taken seriously.
Some will say these steps can’t guarantee tragedies like Parkland will never happen again. They may be correct – but if common sense reform is enacted and even one life is saved, it will have been worth it.
We deeply believe that this country’s most precious gift is our children. They are our future. We must keep them safe.
Sincerely,
ed-sig.jpg
Edward W. Stack
Chairman & CEO

Never again................

One life be saved for thousands of others lost because a good guy can't have a gun. makes sense.

I just emailed him. Here's the closing... 

...even though I don’t personally own an AR-15... your preening, grandstanding, freedom-stomping attitude is so deeply offensive to me, that I will no longer shop at Dick’s Sporting Goods or affiliates under any circumstances. Frankly, if you were going out of business – I wouldn’t even attend your going-out-of-business sale!

Mr. Stack, for every action there is a reaction. You have lost my business... forever. From what I’ve gathered on various gun forums this morning, I am but one of many customers you’ve lost.

HA!! Is it wrong that I had so much fun writing it? ... :)

Seriously though, I do NOT like the momentum that's been generated on the anti-gun/anti-freedom side in recent weeks, mainly because I'm convinced their suggestions would be completely ineffective (while also stripping away individual rights). I think it's critical that we - as a community - push back with facts and logic and do it repeatedly and loudly. This week, I did the following:

• I wrote emails to NJ congress critters (through the NRA-ILA action alert system) 
  • I emailed the NJ assemblymen/women about proposed NJ legislation (in response to the ANJRPC prompt), 
  • I sent the email to Dick's
  • I blocked my calendar for the Trenton rally
  • And, today I'll be phoning the White House and following up with an email  - because I think Trump needs to hear DIRECTLY from his voters!

That's - without a doubt - more "activist-type" emails/calls than I've sent perhaps in my entire life. (Seriously, I'm not generally prone to activism). But, that shows you how critically important I think this is!! I strongly urge you all to do the same and to encourage other gun owners you know to get involved with making calls, writing letters, making donations, etc. The 2A orgs have made this pretty easy to do - no excuses!

• Like 7

29 minutes ago, xXxplosive said:

We at DICK’S Sporting Goods are deeply disturbed and saddened by the tragic events in Parkland. Our thoughts and prayers are with all of the victims and their loved ones.
But thoughts and prayers are not enough.
We have tremendous respect and admiration for the students organizing and making their voices heard regarding gun violence in schools and elsewhere in our country.
We have heard you. The nation has heard you.
We support and respect the Second Amendment, and we recognize and appreciate that the vast majority of gun owners in this country are responsible, law-abiding citizens. But we have to help solve the problem that’s in front of us. Gun violence is an epidemic that’s taking the lives of too many people, including the brightest hope for the future of America – our kids.
Following all of the rules and laws, we sold a shotgun to the Parkland shooter in November of 2017. It was not the gun, nor type of gun, he used in the shooting. But it could have been.
Clearly this indicates on so many levels that the systems in place are not effective to protect our kids and our citizens.
We believe it’s time to do something about it.
Beginning today, DICK’S Sporting Goods is committed to the following:

• We will no longer sell assault-style rifles, also referred to as modern sporting rifles. We had already removed them from all DICK’S stores after the Sandy Hook massacre, but we will now remove them from sale at all 35 Field & Stream stores.
  • We will no longer sell firearms to anyone under 21 years of age.
  • We will no longer sell high capacity magazines.
  • We never have and never will sell bump stocks that allow semi-automatic weapons to fire more rapidly.

At the same time, we implore our elected officials to enact common sense gun reform and pass the following regulations:

• Ban assault-style firearms
  • Raise the minimum age to purchase firearms to 21
  • Ban high capacity magazines and bump stocks
  • Require universal background checks that include relevant mental health information and previous interactions with the law
  • Ensure a complete universal database of those banned from buying firearms
  • Close the private sale and gun show loophole that waives the necessity of background checks

We hope others join us in this effort to let our kids know that their pleas are being taken seriously.
Some will say these steps can’t guarantee tragedies like Parkland will never happen again. They may be correct – but if common sense reform is enacted and even one life is saved, it will have been worth it.
We deeply believe that this country’s most precious gift is our children. They are our future. We must keep them safe.
Sincerely,
ed-sig.jpg
Edward W. Stack
Chairman & CEO

Never again................

I guess its time to find another ammunition dealer.  Used to get most of it from Dick's when it was on sale.  Now its either Cabelas in Hamburg or Priority One Army Navy right down the street from them.

22 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

EVERYBODY keeps calling "gun violence" an epidemic.....yet...........it is actually the same or lower than it was 30 years ago i think......

1995 statistics (first full year after AWB of 1994)

Table 2.13 Murder Circumstances by Weapon, 1995
Circumstances Total murder victims Total firearms Handguns Rifles Shotguns Other guns od type not stated Knives or cutting instruments Blunt objects (clubs, hammers, etc.) Personal weapons (hands, fists, feet, etc.)

Total                   20,043                   13,673                   11,198                         637                         917                         921                      2,538                         904                      1,178

There's more lines (for poison, pushed out window, explosives etc) but I cut them off.

If you want other years, just let me know.

Based on murder by population size, it has almost decreased in half.

• Like 1

I will be slamming Dicks once I get to my hotel tonight (wait.....errr, that didn’t sound right)...what I meant to say is that I will be emailing him to voice my opinion tonight. 

Seriously, boycotting them is one thing. Letting them know WHY is what it really takes. 

Great job, Peel!!

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Displaced Texan said:

F&S used to. I saw them with my own eyes a few years back, in either southern Va or NC. They are owned by Dicks. 

F&S may have sold semi-auto AR-15 pattern rifles, but I assure you sir, they have never once sold any assault rifles or an assault weapon, ever.

I had an uncle that drove a really badass looking car.  I think it was a Jaguar  something or other.  It looked like a Jag but it wasn't.  It was actually a VW frame and engine with a Jaguar kit car slapped on top.

Does the fact that my uncles car looked like a Jag make it an Jaguar?

• Like 1

I’ll concede your point, an AR-15 is NOT an assault rifle. As many of you know, I own several of them, and my AR’s have never ‘assulted’ anyone. 

However, F&S used to carry ‘evil black rifles’ (according to the media definition) in their retail stores. That was the point. 

Edited to add @Scorpio64 my original post indicating this SAID AR’s, not ‘assualt rifles’. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Displaced Texan said:

I’ll concede your point, an AR-15 is NOT an assault rifle. As many of you know, I own several of them, and my AR’s have never ‘assulted’ anyone. 

However, F&S used to carry ‘evil black rifles’ (according to the media definition) in their retail stores. That was the point. 

Edited to add @Scorpio64 my original post indicating this SAID AR’s, not ‘assualt rifles’. 

I know that you know that, and I think you know that I knew that you know that, but never pass up an opportunity to make sure everyone else knows what we know, because so many just don't know.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Displaced Texan said:

I will be slamming Dicks once I get to my hotel tonight (wait.....errr, that didn’t sound right)...what I meant to say is that I will be emailing him to voice my opinion tonight. 

Seriously, boycotting them is one thing. Letting them know WHY is what it really takes. 

Great job, Peel!!

Is that when you take @voyager9 over your knee?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mrs. Peel said:

If you plan to boycott (or for some of you, to continue boycotting) them - it's always more impactful to let them know what you're doing:

Dick's Sporting Goods Corporate Office Headquarters
300 Industry Drive RIDC Park West
Pittsburgh, PA 15275 USA

Corporate Phone Number: 1-724-273-3400

Update: Scroll 2 posts down for additional contact methods posted by @GunsnFreedom 

You can post your comments here:   http://www.corporate-office-headquarters.com/dicks-sporting-goods

• Like 2

I guess its time to find another ammunition dealer.  Used to get most of it from Dick's when it was on sale.  Now its either Cabelas in Hamburg or Priority One Army Navy right down the street from them.

Priority One’s ammo prices are not good and they don’t sell in bulk like Cabela’s does. They do have better prices on magpul parts than Cabelas though. Buy ammo from MidwayUSA

1 hour ago, JR88USMC said:

Priority One’s ammo prices are not good and they don’t sell in bulk like Cabela’s does. They do have better prices on magpul parts than Cabelas though. Buy ammo from MidwayUSA

The articles I’ve been reading go after the fact that Cabela’s and BassPro are the only major chains that have not run from the NRA - yet!

44 minutes ago, BobA said:

The articles I’ve been reading go after the fact that Cabela’s and BassPro are the only major chains that have not run from the NRA - yet!

probably because if Cabelas/BPS (same company) stopped selling AR's and their parts, they would suffer a huge loss. The tactical weapons market makes up a huge majority of the gun market right now and there's a reason why any Cabela's or BPS you walk in to 70% of the store is guns or gun related products. If Cabela's could make as much money selling canoes, kayaks fishing rods and camping supplies, they would.

Yep, there were a bunch of keyboard-Rambo's here the last time Dick's pulled their shit. I guess a portion of them never gave them up.

Maybe this time it will be different, but I suspect not.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Displaced Texan said:

I will be slamming Dicks once I get to my hotel tonight (wait.....errr, that didn’t sound right)...what I meant to say is that I will be emailing him to voice my opinion tonight. ,

Hahahahah, that's funny.

I just emailed them and requested that they cancel my Dick's Score Card since I will no longer shopping at their stores.