Rob0115

Dick's Just Became Part Of The Story.....

1 hour ago, this_is_nascar said:

Yep, there were a bunch of keyboard-Rambo's here the last time Dick's pulled their shit. I guess a portion of them never gave them up.

Maybe this time it will be different, but I suspect not.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Same with Cheaper Than Dirt

Is everyone missing the fact that they are refusing to follow federal law which states that you can buy a rifle or shotgun @ 18 yrs of age. Can’t wait for the lawsuits. The CEO is an idiot. 

Just now, 9X19 said:

Is everyone missing the fact that they are refusing to follow federal law which states that you can buy a rifle or shotgun @ 18 yrs of age. Can’t wait for the lawsuits. The CEO is an idiot. 

Private entity can make own rules

How is that different from saying they will not sell basketballs to women? ..sorry Mrs. Peel. They are opening themselves up to serious litigation. Evan Nappen should roll in there with an 18 year old looking to buy one of their shitty Stoeger shotguns.

1 minute ago, 9X19 said:

How is that different from saying they will not sell basketballs to women? ..sorry Mrs. Peel. They are opening themselves up to serious litigation. Evan Nappen should roll in there with an 18 year old looking to buy one of their shitty Stoeger shotguns.

And Nappen won't do it because he's not an idiot.

Women are a protected class. Gun owners are irredeemable deplorables bitter clingers only worthy of scorn.

14 minutes ago, gfl216 said:

I like my Stoeger.

Sorry it was one of the few firearms that I could think of that they carry, and I would never call Henry or Mossberg Shitty... I should have said Maverick lol.

Now back to the Dicks and Wal-Mart shaming... Carry on

I buy my shotgun shells from either Dick's or Walmart, depending on where I am and who has what I want.  They usually have the best prices.
I do not plan to change that routine since it is convenient.

I purchase all other of my firearm ammo online via SGAmmo.com in bulk since they usually have what I want, also at the best prices.  I seriously doubt that these specialty online ammo retailers will join the snowballing NRA ban.

AVB-AMG

2 hours ago, WP22 said:

And Nappen won't do it because he's not an idiot.

Women are a protected class. Gun owners are irredeemable deplorables bitter clingers only worthy of scorn.

Maybe he is, maybe he isn't. But you know who definitely is an idiot? Anyone who thinks that slimy little mullet weasel is REALLY on our side.

2 hours ago, 9X19 said:

Evan Nappen should roll in there with an 18 year old looking to buy one of their shitty Stoeger shotguns.

2 hours ago, 9X19 said:

Sorry it was one of the few firearms that I could think of that they carry, and I would never call Henry or Mossberg Shitty... I should have said Maverick lol.

2 hours ago, gfl216 said:

I like my Stoeger.

Lolz here

I like my Stoeger too.

I believe Henry Repeating Arms no longer ships to Dickhead sporting goods.

• Like 1

You mean they are making it harder to buy a gun from them? Like me not being able because I have a middle name on my FID, and no middle name/initial on my license? And how they lectured me that I should get that fixed because it will never work... like it didn’t work 40ish times before/after?

They also turned someone away because their license says Oakhurst, and the FID says Ocean Township... both with the same zip. Guy at the counter knew it is correct, but store policy won’t allow a transaction to be done.

Screw them!

Dick’s is probably the last place I’d go into looking to buy a gun or ammo. The plastic locked box is too much of a sign that says gun owner, that they might as well make you where a hat saying the same. If I don’t buy online or from another local source, I’ll drive down to Cabela’s in Delaware. I might still have a Score Card... never got anything from it, so shredded it after they pulled the crap about my license/FID.

• Like 1

I just went through their customer service to cancel my Score Card and through their survey afterwards. I wasn't nice but I wasn't vulgar either. I just got cookie cutter messages from their online chat. They claim to be canceling my Score Card membership. Threw the card out either way. 

Emailed DSG this morning. Last couple of paragraphs here: 

......Your business, your rules, I understand and can appreciate that.  DSG and it’s affiliates are free to sell whatever they want, to whomever they want. By the same token, I, as a consumer and customer of DSG, am free to decide where to spend my money. In light of your recent actions, I will no longer be a customer of DSG or any of its affiliates. Ever again. 

Life is pretty Newtonian, for every action, there is an equal, and opposite reaction. I wanted you to to know that the actions of DSG has consequences...the loss of business from myself, and tens of thousands (if not more) of law abiding firearms owners around the country. 

Good luck with your decision. 

Displaced Texan

• Like 1

I like how Dicks is being a hypocrite though ... they seem to have no problem selling airsoft rifles that look like those "evil assault weapons"... and those are mostly targeted towards kids, although I do know some adults play the sport.

• Like 1

I like how Dicks is being a hypocrite though ... they seem to have no problem selling airsoft rifles that look like those "evil assault weapons"... and those are mostly targeted towards kids, although I do know some adults play the sport.

Walmart just announced all assault rifle looking airsoft guns are being dropped...

37 minutes ago, Zeke said:

Then don’t shop there

I dont anyway.. and wont for sure now in the future either .. but that wasn't the point.   I know I can just choose to not shop there .. i don't shop at walmarts either but it's the principal of it that which offends me.   Raise the federal age to 21 fine .. whatever ... i dont totally agree with that however there are a lot of things that you can't do until your 21 that i dont agree with, on the simple fact that if your supposed to be an adult at 18 then your an adult at 18.  In today's day in age it seems that even some 20 somethings are/act like children.. i get it .. but if it's an issue that 18 years old, cant drink, cant smoke, cant gamble, cant rent an appt in a lot places without a co-signer above 21 etc .. fine.. then make 21 the age where someone becomes an adult. They keep citing medical studies that say people's brains are not fully developed at 18/19 so they shouldnt be able to do these types of things.  I think the study actualy says its 24 years of age if im not mistaken... not the point though...

If companies start getting away with just making their own rules discriminating against age because they feel like it... or its good press.. and it makes them and their shareholders feel warm and fuzzy in the heart.. again where does it end.  That opens up other companies and industries to do the same thing just because they feel like it.   Talk about threading the line against someone's civil rights.

Statistically most gun violence is committed by african americans... should business be allowed to not allow purchases based on race to?

Overweight people shouldnt be served at fast food restaurants?   Those under 21 shouldnt be allowed to buy/drive a Camaro because they might speed?

We're against lawmakers infringing on our 2A rights, but corporations infringing on civil rights is ok?

• Like 1

Those are excellent points (above). I, myself, have been wondering... do these kids at Parkland understand the full impact of this stuff (dumb question, I'm sure they don't)? If the conclusion is that at 18 or 19, your immature brain is too undeveloped and impulsive to purchase a firearm, should you be allowed to... drive a car? rent a box truck? get married? join the military? own a knife? buy a pressure cooker? take hormones to transition your gender? get an abortion? etc., etc. 

And should companies - specifically - be making those unilateral decisions for an entire class of people? Interesting questions.

44 minutes ago, Lakota said:

Raise the federal age to 21 fine .. whatever ... i dont totally agree with that however there are a lot of things that you can't do until your 21 that i dont agree with, on the simple fact that if your supposed to be an adult at 18 then your an adult at 18.  In today's day in age it seems that even some 20 somethings are/act like children.. i get it .. but if it's an issue that 18 years old, cant drink, cant smoke, cant gamble, cant rent an appt in a lot places without a co-signer above 21 etc .. fine.. then make 21 the age where someone becomes an adult. They keep citing medical studies that say people's brains are not fully developed at 18/19 so they shouldnt be able to do these types of things.....

This is exactly my point from another thread....a simple exercise in critical thinking. IF an 18 year old is not mature/responsible enough to purchase/own a firearm (of any type), THEN they are not, by the same logic, mature/responsible enough to drive a 4000+ lb motor vehicle that unquestionably kills more 18 year olds annually than firearms ownership by people of the same age. 

I will not kick and scream too loudly if the government changes the age to purchace to 21, AS LONG AS the logic is applied equally across the board (which they will not). 

Regarding Lakota’s other point about companies infringing upon our 2nd amendment rights being ok....I feel it’s their business, thier rules. We can choose not to support those who are against us. Let the consumer decide if they are right or wrong, and let the chips fall where they may. I have the feeling  Dicks (and others) who have taken this politically motivated policy stance against the 2A are about to get a hard lesson in the ‘Law of Unintended Consequences’. 

• Like 2

This is exactly my point from another thread....a simple exercise in critical thinking. IF an 18 year old is not mature/responsible enough to purchase/own a firearm (of any type), THEN they are not, by the same logic, mature/responsible enough to drive a 4000+ lb motor vehicle that unquestionably kills more 18 year olds annually than firearms ownership by people of the same age. 
I will not kick and scream too loudly if the government changes the age to purchace to 21, as long as they apply the logic equally across the board (which they will not). 

Regarding Lakota’s other point about companies infringing upon our 2nd amendment rights being ok....I feel it’s their business, thier rules. We can choose not to support those who are against us. Let the consumer decide if they are right or wrong, and let the chips fall where they may. I have the feeling  Dicks (and others) who have taken this political motivated policy stance against the 2A are about to get a hard lesson in the ‘Law of Unintended Consequences’. 
I agree on the point of immaturity of an 18 year old everything should be raised not just firearms if that is the true logic.

Think about Florida where you get your license at 16 ?? Which 16 is super immature and driving a 4k vehicle.

You can join the military at 18 and handle " actual " assault weapons not semi auto's.

Oh and voting as well, if you cannot be trusted to perform other adult like activities you surely should not be able or trusted to cast a mature vote if you cannot even buy a beer.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tattooo said:

I agree on the point of immaturity of an 18 year old everything should be raised not just firearms if that is the true logic.

Think about Florida where you get your license at 16 ?? Which 16 is super immature and driving a 4k vehicle.

You can join the military at 18 and handle " actual " assault weapons not semi auto's.

Oh and voting as well, if you cannot be trusted to perform other adult like activities you surely should not be able or trusted to cast a mature vote if you cannot even buy a beer.

I agree wholeheartedly ... However the dems will never up the voting age to 21... they would lose too many votes if they allowed that. 18 year olds are not mature enough to handle firearms .. but they are just "under developed" enough to vote democrat lol

Those are excellent points (above). I, myself, have been wondering... do these kids at Parkland understand the full impact of this stuff (dumb question, I'm sure they don't)? If the conclusion is that at 18 or 19, your immature brain is too undeveloped and impulsive to purchase a firearm, should you be allowed to... drive a car? rent a box truck? get married? join the military? own a knife? buy a pressure cooker? take hormones to transition your gender? get an abortion? etc., etc. 
And should companies - specifically - be making those unilateral decisions for an entire class of people? Interesting questions.

Not gonna lie, when I was 18-21 I’m very happy I didn’t own a gun, a really nice car or anything that made me a responsible adult for that matter LOL. I didn’t make much money back then, a gun addiction would of made me permanently broke. However for those in other parts of the country where gun culture and hunting is huge, shouldn’t be restricted.