Rob0115

Dick's Just Became Part Of The Story.....

3 hours ago, xXxplosive said:

If your old enough to die for this country in combat then your old enough to purchase a firearm......don't try and take away my Constitutional Rights because of the actions of a sick minded individual.

I'm going to have to agree and disagree with you on this. I think if you are under 21 and in the military, you should be allowed to purchase a firearm. When you join the Military whether you've been around guns or not growing up, it is an eye opening experience once you have a weapon in your hand and how weapons safety is treated. Again I understand in certain places hunting and shooting guns is part of the culture, but I've seen too many idiots at public ranges who buy guns doing stupid shit at the range because they don't understand weapons safety. I bought my first gun when I was 26 once I got out of the military, and pretty happy that I did at that point because I understood the responsibility of owning a firearm.

I'm going to have to agree and disagree with you on this. I think if you are under 21 and in the military, you should be allowed to purchase a firearm. When you join the Military whether you've been around guns or not growing up, it is an eye opening experience once you have a weapon in your hand and how weapons safety is treated. Again I understand in certain places hunting and shooting guns is part of the culture, but I've seen too many idiots at public ranges who buy guns doing stupid shit at the range because they don't understand weapons safety. I bought my first gun when I was 26 once I got out of the military, and pretty happy that I did at that point because I understood the responsibility of owning a firearm.
Most of the idiots that I have seen and that you describe, are older than 60.

Sent from an undisclosed location via Tapatalk

• Like 2

Stupidity doesn't discriminate when it comes to age :) In fact Stupidity doesn't discriminate with anything. It can infect anyone, any age, any color, any religion, any political affiliation, any gender...i could go on and on :)   I agree though some of those groups seem to have a larger share of the stupidity pool it seems at times... but that's another topic altogether.

And as you know .. you can't fix stupid.  

4 hours ago, PK90 said:

Most of the idiots that I have seen and that you describe, are older than 60.

Sent from an undisclosed location via Tapatalk

someone never shot at RTSP much when you lived in Jersey ;) Even the guys from RTSP who post on here have self admitted that a majority of their customers are douchebags.

On 2/28/2018 at 2:55 PM, BobA said:

Thanks for posting this.  It made it easy to run through the list and post my 'I'm joining the many, many, many law abiding customers who will never again do business with you' messages.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, xXxplosive said:

If your old enough to die for this country in combat then your old enough to purchase a firearm......don't try and take away my Constitutional Rights because of the actions of a sick minded individual.

ah but it's the way we do things here. 330 million people at he mercy of one crazy idiot. do you fly? take of your shoes at the airport? thank that shoe bomber jackass. struggle with opening your tylenol bottle? thank that poisoning incident in the 80s. countless examples actually. this is nothing new

On 3/2/2018 at 9:56 AM, BobA said:

So....if it does not become law and these establishments refuse to sell to anyone under 21, are they looking at an age discrimination suit?  Hope so. 

I was just thinking the same thing. If a baker has to sell a wedding cake to lesbians, then retailers should have to sell guns to legally aged buyers.

I wonder if the NRA will bring up a test case?

6 minutes ago, PD2K said:

I was just thinking the same thing. If a baker has to sell a wedding cake to lesbians, then retailers should have to sell guns to legally aged buyers.

I wonder if the NRA will bring up a test case?

It will take someone under 21 to be denied.  Then, them and only them can do it.  Fingers crossed.

1 minute ago, BobA said:

It will take someone under 21 to be denied.  Then, them and only them can do it.  Fingers crossed.

That's what I meant. Most of these "test cases" have a backer paying the legal fees hence I mentioned the NRA.

18 minutes ago, PD2K said:

That's what I meant. Most of these "test cases" have a backer paying the legal fees hence I mentioned the NRA.

Yeah. Or ACLU. I’d just like to see him walk from one place to another and rack up the cases. Walmart, Dicks, Field and Stream, all of them. 

On 2/28/2018 at 9:36 AM, Mrs. Peel said:

If you plan to boycott (or for some of you, to continue boycotting) them - it's always more impactful to let them know what you're doing:

Dick's Sporting Goods Corporate Office Headquarters
300 Industry Drive RIDC Park West
Pittsburgh, PA 15275 USA

Corporate Phone Number: 1-724-273-3400

Update: Scroll 2 posts down for additional contact methods posted by @GunsnFreedom 

Thank you Mrs Peel, this will help tremendously when I mail back my Rewards card and all of the coupons they've sent to my home. Not to mention a letter with them telling them why they are receiving them. 

• Like 1

20 year old kid in Oregon sues Dicks for refusing to sell him a rifle. Using the same anti discrimination law used to force the baker to bake the gay couple a wedding cake. 

:D

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2018/03/05/oregon-20-year-old-sues-dicks-sporting-goods-refusing-sell-rifle/

• Like 3

20 year old kid in Oregon sues Dicks for refusing to sell him a rifle. Using the same anti discrimination law used to force the baker to bake the gay couoke a wedding cake. 
[emoji3]

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2018/03/05/oregon-20-year-old-sues-dicks-sporting-goods-refusing-sell-rifle/
That didn't take long. Glad to see the Right using the courts too.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

On 2/28/2018 at 6:50 PM, Zeke said:

Private entity can make own rules

not in every state.  you cannot discriminate against someone because of their age.  I believe 19 states have a law that if you are legal age to own, you can buy that product.  Lawsuits will be pending.

43 minutes ago, Displaced Texan said:

20 year old kid in Oregon sues Dicks for refusing to sell him a rifle. Using the same anti discrimination law used to force the baker to bake the gay couple a wedding cake. 

@Zeke damn, I'm good.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Displaced Texan said:

Nice!

Knew it would happen.   I get the gesture by Dick's ... it's fine to feel for the kids and even take a side on the issue.   I still wouldnt agree if Dicks starting lobbying congress in agreement with raising it to 21... but i would understand it if they did.   However discrimination of any kind .... well ... apparently their lawyers are not very smart.  I would have thought or at least hoped the CEO/Board spoke with their lawyers first before they did this.   Unless they just assume that everyone under the age of 21 had the same opinion.   

I would have more respect for them if they had decided to just get out of the firearms business all together, rather than the stunt they pulled.

Either way I see this as a very costly misjudgement on Dick's part.   Serves them right.

I really find it funny how there’s a national outrage at the NRA like they’re an evil organization.

Notice how John Oliver poked fun at the silly shows on NRATV, but didn’t mention anything about NOIR which is actually a highly educational show? I’m personally not a fan of Colion Noir and his personal youtube channel. I feel like he doesn’t give honest gun reviews, but his show on NRATV is actually good. Dom Raso’s show Media+Lab actually might be something popular on a channel like Spike or Velocity, John Oliver was just having fun poking at the low hanging fruits.

4 hours ago, Lakota said:

Either way I see this as a very costly misjudgement on Dick's part.   Serves them right.

I call this the ‘Law of Unintended Concequences’. They, and the others who followed suit, should learn this lesson harshly. 

1 hour ago, JR88USMC said:

I really find it funny how there’s a national outrage at the NRA like they’re an evil organization.

Notice how John Oliver poked fun at the silly shows on NRATV, but didn’t mention anything about NOIR which is actually a highly educational show? I’m personally not a fan of Colion Noir and his personal youtube channel. I feel like he doesn’t give honest gun reviews, but his show on NRATV is actually good. Dom Raso’s show Media+Lab actually might be something popular on a channel like Spike or Velocity, John Oliver was just having fun poking at the low hanging fruits.

Black guys are off limits....even NRA members.

Black guys are off limits....even NRA members.

There’s also nothing they can really criticize in his show

I feel like EVERY review he makes just kisses ass and embellishes how great those guns are, for example he reviewed the Warsport LVOA and made it out to be the greatest AR15 ever made, but hasn't reviewed many other AR's of the same cost like a Noveske or LWRC. I get it, he's got a big social media following, good production quality to his videos and these companies pay him and send him the guns for free to review and man's gotta make a living somehow. I always preferred the FPSRussia videos because they were straight forward videos of him shooting, not a soliloquy on every detail of a gun.