capt14k

Russia is Still A Military Threat, Now Bigger Than Ever

Many have said Russia is not a threat, they are running cold war technology. Russia has always been a worry of mine, but I started to believe the hype that they were so far behind us in technology they were not match for our military. Looks like we should have either worked with or destroyed Russia when we had the chance. Not only do they have the most advanced Anti-Aircraft system in the world, they now have a Nuclear Powered Missile with unlimited range that can get through any missile defense system. In addition they have developed a Nuclear underwater drone that can go to undetectable depths and attack at intercontinental distances. Lastly a super sonic missile that can fly 20x the speed sound and is also intercontinental.

Only good news is Russian firearms sanctions maybe ending quickly (SVT-40 and RC G/K43 maybe coming to America along with Saigas again).

From Putin "I want to tell all those who have fueled the arms race over the last 15 years, sought to win unilateral advantages over Russia, introduced unlawful sanctions aimed to contain our country's development: all what you wanted to impede with your policies have already happened," he said. "You have failed to contain Russia."

And This

"No one has listened to us," he said. "You listen to us now."

This is not good. Also a reason this is not the time to restrict 2A. Russia falls under foreign tyranny.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/vladimir-putin-russia-nuclear-weapons-including-invincible-cruise-missile/?ftag=CNM-00-10aac3a

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

@ The_Matrix I was going to post sort of the same thing but you beat me to it and I’m certain your post is more civil than what I would have said. Murphy and his cronies are paving the way for the complete destruction of NJ. Yesterday’s setback was only one item in NJ's house of cards. Russia may not like us but given enough time a few more progressive leaders like Murphy the entire system will collapse on its own without Russia or China lifting a finger. In the grand scheme of things China is the bigger threat than Russia IMHO.

• Like 3

I want Canadian priced SVT-40 and a cheap G/K43 even if Russian Captured. Maybe Trump will do away with some of the previous EOs to make Putin happy and to return our right to cheap Milsurps. Maybe not a right but it should be.

I am also more concerned with Federal Firearms laws. NJ is a lost cause unless SCOTUS steps in. How many times can it be rehashed that we are screwed in NJ under Murphy?

They can't build an aircraft carrier that can put to sea without having an ocean-going tugboat following it to bring it back home, and you want me to be worried?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/10/21/russian-carrier-plagued-by-technical-problems/

They can't build an aircraft carrier that can put to sea without having an ocean-going tugboat following it to bring it back home, and you want me to be worried?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/10/21/russian-carrier-plagued-by-technical-problems/

Check out their anti aircraft systems. I think they are up to S-600. They don't need an aircraft carrier. We won't take out Rocket Man because of their nuclear capabilities. These new Russian weapons are a game changer.

Ronald Regan announced the "star wars" defense program.  We were building a network of satellites that could take out other satellites if needed.    If we had such a technology, why would we have announced it?  That's the sort of thing you keep in your back pocket until it's needed. Russia spent a lot of resources building defenses against a system we never built.  Some credit that with contributing to the financial collapse of the USSR.

If Russia has technology we didn't know they had, why announce it?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, maintenanceguy said:

Ronald Regan announced the "star wars" defense program.  We were building a network of satellites that could take out other satellites if needed.    If we had such a technology, why would we have announced it?  That's the sort of thing you keep in your back pocket until it's needed. Russia spent a lot of resources building defenses against a system we never built.  Some credit that with contributing to the financial collapse of the USSR.

If Russia has technology we didn't know they had, why announce it?

When Reagan announced "Star Wars" there wasn't one piece of hardware in place.  We had the knowledge and technology to build it and the Russians didn't.  Reagan explained "Star Wars" was totally defensive.  At a press conferece a reporter asked "Mr President, might Star Wars start a defense race".  Reagan's response was, "wouldn't that be great".

Star Wars was a big factor in SALT.  The Russians offered to give up a bunch of stuff if we gave up Star Wars.  Reagan said no.  SALT waa supposesd to be a week but due to Reagan's response it lasted a day I think. This caused the Russians to "build more missiles, build more planes, build more tanks" in a frenzy which contributed greatly to their collapse.  You couldn't buy a pair of shoes or a coat in Russia in the late 80s.  That's how much of the economy the military was eating up there.

• Like 2

Griz that could be what Puttin is thinking, Trump always wants to win if he can convince trump maybe he thinks he will spend until a collapse. Especially since he pushed and was able to get such a large amount towards the military in this last spending agreement. 

Seems we knew they had the super Sonic missile. It's looking like it was part of the Uranium One Deal. Why isn't Hillary in prison? That's right they are all part of the same Cabal.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I think Griz might be on to something. Why advertise something that could give you a massive strategic advantage, when you could potentially increase your advantage by keeping it secret?

I like to think our government has a few secret horrorshow weapons up the sleeve if the need ever arises.

I'm not sure why anyone is that bothered by this other than the media looking for anything to upset Trump's presidency. 

So the unlimited range nuclear powered cruise missile. Odds are real high this doesn't exist as a functional item. If there is funding and will to make it field ready, the applied use won't be nuclear anyway because using it that way would be stupid. The weapon in terms of evaluating military might would be the engine, because you could deploy and unlimited range/indefinite loiter drone and/or sub orbital satellite. It still doesn't put an end to MAD. It could radically escalate proxy wars and police actions though. To that I say good. Then there will be a much higher barrier to engaging in the stupid things. 

You have the dirty bomb sub drone. Frankly I'm shocked this is news. The concept is literally being fielded by universities on a regular basis. Why every coastal nation state with nuclear powered anything doesn't have something like this is the question. The answer probably lies in the fact that unless you strap a nuclear cruise missile to one, all you are asking for is to have ICBMs launched at you. Do that and it's probably the size of a real sub, and loses a lot of it's lurking ability. For the moment, it's tactically stupid outside of a lurking spoilsport weapon. To have an idea where they are going to be, you likely just have to watch where any of their vessels that can launch a deep sea recovery submersible are going. 

Hypersonic missile. It appears to just be a plane launched ICBM. OK, welcome to the club. Not expecting Russia or China to reach parity with us with something this simple is absurd. It just means our questionable missile defense technologies are that much more questionable. And once again... MAD. 

The boost ICBM. It's a small but not insignificant step up from MIRVs. It'll just cause us to do the same. And we'll go right back to the cold war era arms race and MAD. Nothing new. 

Proliferation of shit you can't afford to use isn't the scary stuff. Look at drones for land, sea, and air with long loiter times and adding machine intelligence to them so that they can't be cut off. Stuff that looks on paper like you cna use it without ending the world. THAT's going to be the dangerous stuff. 

Russia did more damage to the US with $1 million dollars and facebook then the damage there entire military can do to us.

Personally i think russia new claims are fake.
You know when we tested the rail gun we invited the russians to attend its test firing to prove its function.

This is a barely a story and zero surprise. We have all this same stuff and also stuff we aren't telling anybody about. 

If you have to advertise your toughness then you aren't.

Russia wants to destabilize the world order since that is the only way to knock us off the top. That is what we have to worry about. Ukraine is just the beginning of Putin's line pushing. He knows he can keep pushing because Western Europe is desperate to avoid war.

Russia is not a real threat. The place is a mess. BS don't win wars and Vlad knows it. BUT Vlad KNOWS he can play the US's dnc stooge media. Proven by the election monkey business.  You know - the same election monkey business WE engaged in for decades.

How long they been selling you the boogeyman BS?