JimB1

PA bill to ban semi auto firearms and enact magazine limits introduced

Everyone thinking about running to PA or keeping your NJ banned stuff there, may want to keep an eye on this...
https://www.nraila.org/articles/20180228/pennsylvania-semi-auto-ban-legislation-to-be-introduced
-Jim
Can only hope it is a Dem shot in the dark to say "Hey we tried" just before mid-term elections because the attempt to re-draw election districts fizzled. Hopefully

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I tend to see this as the left testing the waters. They are going full stupid on gun control for midterms thinking it’s a winner for them. 

They’ve been chewing away at PA and VA for a while now so I am not so confident in either of those places for the next few election cycles...

-Jim

• Like 1

2 hours ago, capt14k said:

It won't make it out of committee. Libs introduce those bills all over the country that never make it out.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

agree, but keep in mind the whole redistricting thing. they've essentially redrawn the map to ensure the state is blue. get a dem governor in there and suddenly these bills will find their way out of committee fast enough. this is why nra and goa must fight ALL gun legislation everywhere. you cannot give up on states like ca and nj, because what is in ca and nj will eventually come to you

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/politics/state/scotus-justice-alito-pennsylvania-congressional-redistricting-map-gop-20180228.html

agree, but keep in mind the whole redistricting thing. they've essentially redrawn the map to ensure the state is blue. get a dem governor in there and suddenly these bills will find their way out of committee fast enough. this is why nra and goa must fight ALL gun legislation everywhere. you cannot give up on states like ca and nj, because what is in ca and nj will eventually come to you
http://www.philly.com/philly/news/politics/state/scotus-justice-alito-pennsylvania-congressional-redistricting-map-gop-20180228.html

PA Governor is already a Dem. Redistricting was for Federal House. PA legislature is secure for now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Zeke said:

What I have a problem with is how local elected representatives are not concerned with the electorates, but the party...

"There is nothing which I dread so much as a division of the republic into two great parties, each arranged under its leader, and concerting measures in opposition to each other. This, in my humble apprehension, is to be dreaded as the greatest political evil under our Constitution."

-- John Adams, Letter to Jonathan Jackson (2 October 1780), "The Works of John Adams", vol 9, p.511

• Like 6

My very pro-gun friends in PA tell me about this type of bill introduced every year. That doesn't mean don't pay attention or make your voice heard, but this is not something brand new. Historically they are defeated, if they ever even get to a vote.

I may be In Harrisburg on 4/30 for the statewide 2A rally. I've got more than one foot in PA now.

4 hours ago, capt14k said:

It won't make it out of committee. Libs introduce those bills all over the country that never make it out.

In NJ they make it out of committee and are enacted into law.

• Like 1

In NJ they make it out of committee and are enacted into law.

Brucein,

The bills still have to go to Assembly and Senate for vote. That give some hope that people will come to their senses. I believe next action is March 26 for Assembly vote first. It will be a long process. Hopefully, most will stall there. We

http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2018/02/gun_control_hearing.html

I've been saying this for ten years now. "Oh, just move to a "free state" like PA, FL, AZ, etc. and have all the guns you want!"

Yeah, move to the same place tens of thousands of people from NJ/NY/CA are also moving! I'm sure nothing in those places will change!

Time to stop running, time to start fighting, soon there will be nowhere left to run. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, cm102068 said:

Brucein,

The bills still have to go to Assembly and Senate for vote. That give some hope that people will come to their senses. I believe next action is March 26 for Assembly vote first. It will be a long process. Hopefully, most will stall there. We

http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2018/02/gun_control_hearing.html

The democrats are already out of their minds with gun control, there is no sense to be found. They have bullet proof majorities in both houses, the only thing stopping any bill from moving on is in-party bickering, back scratching and heads of house dick sucking.

• Like 1

Prob is we have a lot of counties with Sheriffs of mixed views. Wishful thinking.... 
Murphy's intent is a special NJSP task force. So if we get all pro2a sheriffs, will they stop them? I think not...

Prob is we have a lot of counties with Sheriffs of mixed views. Wishful thinking.... 
Murphy's intent is a special NJSP task force. So if we get all pro2a sheriffs, will they stop them? I think not...

Bigger problem is our Sheriff's aren't the CLEO of the county.

9 hours ago, mossburger said:

I've been saying this for ten years now. "Oh, just move to a "free state" like PA, FL, AZ, etc. and have all the guns you want!"

Yeah, move to the same place tens of thousands of people from NJ/NY/CA are also moving! I'm sure nothing in those places will change!

Time to stop running, time to start fighting, soon there will be nowhere left to run. 

Agreed, "we" all need to move to PA/FL/AZ to keep the proper balance and keep the winning momentum. nj is done for, need to squash their efforts before they spread. It's escaping from the goolog, not running, its redeployment to the front lines. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, JimB1 said:

So what are those of us stuck here for a while then? The French resistance during the occupation?

Do I need to go get some wine now?

What a coincidence. Last night I was watching some WWII history and they outlined how the French resistance stepped up after Germany lost the tank battle at Kursk and it was obvious the tide had turned. The French had a resistance song to go with it: Le Chant Des Partisans

I do have a fully stocked cellar if necessary.

• Like 2