Silence Dogood

ALERT - Rally in Trenton March 26, 2018

Fed up?   Let them know.

SAVE THE DATE!

GUN OWNER RALLY MARCH 26

A gun owner rally sponsored by ANJRPC and NRA is scheduled to be held in Trenton on Monday, March 26 -- the same day that both houses of the legislature are scheduled to be in full session, and very likely voting on the first wave of gun bills that emerge from committees in the next few weeks. Please join us for a morning rally close to the State House, followed by a march to the Senate and Assembly chambers where we will pack the galleries and make sure legislators know we are watching as they vote. Plan on spending the entire day. Additional details will be forthcoming, but save the date!

• Like 1

S.gif

c75c26c6-7c8e-45bd-acac-675f4e6d5007.jpg

6eb5d6e6-c578-4ac3-bed8-224633bd1977.jpg

ANTI-GUN LEGISLATIVE HEARINGS FOLLOWUP

The hundreds of gun owners who packed the Assembly Judiciary Committee hearing on February 28, and the thousands who called and wrote, have had an impact on the legislative process.

ANJRPC's sources inside the State House report that there may be a move to amend the legislation in response to the testimony. The bills that passed out of Assembly committee were originally scheduled to go to another Assembly committee on Monday, March 5, but that action has been put on hold as of this writing. Also, the upcoming Senate Law & Public Safety Committee meeting scheduled for Thursday March 8 - at which we were anticipating the first round of Senate anti-gun hearings - has been cancelled.

There are limited hearing dates scheduled between now and March 26, when both the full Senate and full Assembly next have voting sessions to send legislation to the Governor. If the gun bills are not voted on that day, they very likely won't be voted on until May, due to April budget recess.

ANJRPC is monitoring the situation closely and will issue udpates as it unfolds. In the meanwhile, it seems that amendments are coming. This shows how important it is for gun owners to make their voices heard, even when the odds seem insurmountable and the effort feels futile.

f595c155-a7d1-4a98-9a8d-f62c829fd2e5.jpg

ANJRPC Executive Director Scott Bach being interviewed at Wednesday's hearing ANJRPC, Executive VP Anthony Colandro testifying, ANJRPC Regional VP Larry Braico testifying

MARCH 26 GUN OWNER RALLY UPDATE

Social media has been abuzz since our announcement earlier this week of a March 26th gun owner rally in Trenton sponsored by ANJRPC and NRA. In 3 days, over 800 people have said they will attend - and we haven't even announced details or logistics yet!

The rally has been timed to coincide with the anticipated date that both houses of the legislature will be in full session and voting on the first wave of anti-gun legislation. The rally will be at the Trenton War Memorial, one block from the State House.

ANJRPC and NRA are planning a morning rally followed by a march to the Senate and Assembly chambers, where we will pack the galleries and make sure legislators know we are watching as they vote. Plan on spending the entire day.

Please stay tuned for details, which will be forthcoming from ANJRPC and NRA soon. We do anticipate providing bus transportation from key locations around the state, for those who do not wish to drive to Trenton.

22b057f6-08a4-4077-beef-a81bb8ed5c85.jpg

War Memorial Trenton, NJ

RIGHT TO CARRY CASE UPDATE -

CALLING ALL PLAINTIFFS!

The February 5 announcement of ANJRPC's new right to carry lawsuit in federal court sent shockwaves through Trenton, as anti-gun lawmakers realized that their clamor to kill all forms of right to carry is in jeopardy. NRA is strongly supporting the case.

The State's response to the lawsuit is due in mid-March, and it is likely that they will move to dismiss the case - to try to kill it in its infancy. ANJRPC is ready for battle, and intends to take the case all the way to the U.S Supreme Court if necessary.

In the meanwhile, ANJRPC is still looking for additional potential plaintiffs to add to the case. If you've recently been denied a carry permit in New Jersey, please contact ANJRPC as soon as possible at [email protected].

Under New Jersey law, a permit to carry a handgun may be issued only to those citizens who show that they face a unique need for self-defense - such as specific, documented death threats or actual attacks. Ordinary citizens are barred from carrying a handgun outside the home for self-defense, under threat of up to 10 years in prison. The lawsuit seeks to overturn New Jersey's carry law on the ground that it violates the Second Amendment.

Click here to see a copy of the complaint in the case.

PLEASE SUPPORT OUR EFFORTS

WE NEED YOUR HELP!

Please support ANJRPC as we lead the fight to defend Freedom in New Jersey. Gun owners are facing a perfect storm in the State House as anti-gun lawmakers abuse their power to target the Second Amendment instead of punishing criminal behavior.

Please support our work to fight back, to advance right to carry, to rally gun owners at this critical time in history. Join ANJRPC here. Donate to ANJRPC here. Subscribe to our free email alerts here.

Please forward this email to every gun owner you know, and if you don't already receive alerts from ANJRPC, please subscribe to our free email alerts for the latest Second Amendment breaking news and action alerts.

About ANJRPC: The Association of New Jersey Rifle & Pistol Clubs is the official New Jersey affiliate of the NRA, and is New Jersey's oldest, largest, and most effective Second Amendment advocacy organization.

<click here for the online version of this alert>

The Association of New Jersey Rifle & Pistol Clubs 

is the official NRA state affiliate in the Garden State 

7efb4231-7d43-466c-9b85-b352e3da0047.jpg

83c81f2c-219e-4624-8571-96add1c45ba8.jpg

Like us on Facebook 

S.gif

• Like 1

wish these could be coordinated so that a north ( morristown green ) central  (war memorial ) and a south one, not sure of a good location in the flatlands.    access in trenton  is next to impossible.     

the Idea is great,  

On 3/6/2018 at 10:31 PM, JohnnyB said:

We can all wear our NJGF T shirts!:rolleyes:

I'm still not sure as to why this isn't a thing; why doesn't someone design something and get a group order put together? We have people from all walks of life and industries here.
I'd gladly front the cash if i knew there was demand, but i'm clueless when it comes to designing that type of stuff. If someone could get me the design, my ex-boss had a great printing shop that did his work; i can ask him what it was called and have shirts made for us. I ship dozens of packages a week out for work anyways, so i don't mind throwing t-shirts in envelopes and mailing them to people, shouldn't cost more than 5 bucks for an envelope and shipping charges via first class (if under a pound). Priority would only be a few bucks more..
Would be cool to have them for the rally. 

The problem is that we do not have rights to New Jersey Gun Forums! Maksim has that. We could come up with something that is close yet does not violate his copyright and go for it! Like NJGF, "New Jersey gun friends" and go with that! Otherwise, we would need permission from Maksim!

10 hours ago, S&W39 said:

Will there be NRA representation at this rally?

I'm sure there will. But what matters is that WE - NJ's gun owners - are there. I don't know if anyone has realized, but this will be immediately after the anti-2A student march - making it FAR more likely to get attention from the press than Trenton rallies in past years. IT'S CRITICAL WE GET GOOD TURNOUT.

And MODS, could you please just merge these 2 threads on the rally?? :facepalm:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mrs. Peel said:

I'm sure there will. But what matters is that WE - NJ's gun owners - are there.

This thread 16 replies.

Florida raises age to 21 thread, 108 replies.

njgf seems to be all bark and no bite.

This rally will separate the sheepdogs from the miniature poodles.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, JohnnyB said:

The problem is that we do not have rights to New Jersey Gun Forums! Maksim has that. We could come up with something that is close yet does not violate his copyright and go for it! Like NJGF, "New Jersey gun friends" and go with that! Otherwise, we would need permission from Maksim!

why not just get his approval to use this, rather than just getting something close?

On 3/8/2018 at 4:36 PM, Scorpio64 said:

This thread 16 replies.

Florida raises age to 21 thread, 108 replies.

njgf seems to be all bark and no bite.

This rally will separate the sheepdogs from the miniature poodles.

Oh there's bite, but they save those for their own.

Day off approved.  I'll be there.  Looking into buses/carpooling from Bridgewater.  I've got a minivan too so I can fit several people if I have to drive.

CNJFO is making Blue Rally T-Shirts.  I've ordered mine and will be wearing it.

https://squareup.com/store/cnjfostore/item/rally-tee

9089ba83469194580ffb90bb2d50b18d.png

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Krdshrk said:

Day off approved.  I'll be there.  Looking into buses/carpooling from Bridgewater.  I've got a minivan too so I can fit several people if I have to drive.

CNJFO is making Blue Rally T-Shirts.  I've ordered mine and will be wearing it.

https://squareup.com/store/cnjfostore/item/rally-tee

9089ba83469194580ffb90bb2d50b18d.png

I just ordered one to wear in Trenton as well! See you there.:)

• Like 1