GunsnFreedom

So Who's going to the Trenton Gun Owner Rally on March 26th?

1 minute ago, louu said:

I never hear all the crybaby liberals say "I gotta go to work that day". When it comes time to get the shit they want. Even if they had jobs, they would take off.

I make almost a thousand dollars a day on weekdays and guess what, I'll fuckin be there

Fuk'n A Bubba!

4 minutes ago, louu said:

I never hear all the crybaby liberals say "I gotta go to work that day". When it comes time to get the shit they want. Even if they had jobs, they would take off.

I make almost a thousand dollars a day on weekdays and guess what, I'll fuckin be there. 

Also why the fuck are there two threads on this? The other one had all the info right in the first post.

dammit i'm in the wrong business, 'cause i work 12 hour days at my shop and don't make that.

7 hours ago, Mrs. Peel said:

@Gunsrlegal @NJSigfan Happy to carpool with one or both of you! I'll PM you directly. If anyone else is in the Clinton area, we can even do a carpool caravan. :D

I also wanted to BUMP this thread. With all of the bitching after Murphy won the Governorship... and then more bitching again after this list of proposed legislation hit the Forums... I would have expected at least FIFTY to ONE HUNDRED affirmative replies already.  

Think about this: The scrappy patriots who built this country went up against a powerful military, completely against all odds, and risking life and limb, to fight for the freedoms we enjoy today... but are we really so complacent that we can't even schedule a day off from work to keep them? I don't accept that, and neither should you.

Who else will commit to going

They are expecting 800 people.

3 minutes ago, Silence Dogood said:

They are expecting 800 people.

May I be blunt? I trust that number is where it's at because it's still a few weeks ahead of the event....? Because I'm hoping to see a MUCH better turn out than that! In light of all these things::

• President Trump's wishy-washy'ness on the 2A
  • Governor Murphy's flat-out fanaticism
  • The insanity of this proposed legislation in NJ
  • The way the anti-2A side is "pumped up" and emboldened after the Parkland shooting...etc.

If we can't get at least 4,000+ gun owners to Trenton (a mere 1/2 of 1% of the estimated 800,000+ in the state), then SHAME on this community! Because if the "perfect storm" of activity noted above isn't enough to get this community off of its' collective ass, then it deserves whatever it gets.  These are no longer the "normal" threats to individual rights. If Murphy isn't pushed back on his heels HARD, this will be just the START of bad things to come. Don't forget, he's barely into office! This list of legislation is just the opening salvo. You really think there isn't more trouble ahead?

To anyone reading this:

• If you're already planning to go, you need to talk to ALL of the people you regularly or occasionally shoot with THIS WEEK (if not tonight)... and encourage them to attend with you. Hell, offer to drive them or even buy them dinner afterwards. 
  • And to those of you who are regular posters and haven't "decided" yet whether you're going to go...if you have the time/energy to post on here frequently, why the hell can't you invest the time to show up at this rally? And if you're retired, well... I'm sorry but there IS just no excuse not to show! Think about it.

This is game time... time to show up.

800? Pffft!! We should be able to triple that # by the end of this week... just from these forums alone. START RECRUITING!!

6 minutes ago, gabonk said:

Is there one central link/page with all info. Time, location, bus runs etc. I want to go and can spread this to friends who aren't here.

If I were you, I'd sign up for ANJRPC's action alerts (it's free): https://anjrpc.site-ym.com/?Email_Request 

Here's the page that lists their current action alerts: http://www.anjrpc.org/page/Alerts

From that page (immediately above), I plucked the latest on the rally (below):

MARCH 26 GUN OWNER RALLY UPDATE

social media has been abuzz since our announcement earlier this week of a March 26th gun owner rally in Trenton sponsored by ANJRPC and NRA.  In 3 days, over 800 people have said they will attend – and we haven’t even announced details or logistics yet!

The rally has been timed to coincide with the anticipated date that both houses of the legislature will be in full session and voting on the first wave of anti-gun legislation.  The rally will be at the Trenton War Memorial, one block from the State House.

ANJRPC and NRA are planning a morning rally followed by a march to the Senate and Assembly chambers, where we will pack the galleries and make sure legislators know we are watching as they vote.  Plan on spending the entire day.

Please stay tuned for details, which will be forthcoming from ANJRPC and NRA soon.  We do anticipate providing bus transportation from key locations around the state, for those who do not wish to drive to Trenton.

- I also agree with the other poster - and requested that the mods just merge the 2 threads on this topic.

33 minutes ago, Mrs. Peel said:

800? Pffft!! We should be able to triple that # by the end of this week... just from these forums alone. START RECRUITING!!

I'm also on NJHunters.com as are several other members of this site.  I watched a convo go down where someone from this site was trying to recruit the hunters (fudds) to attend.  It broke out into a real knock down drag out.  I enjoy all sporting aspects of guns.  I have ARs, levers, black powder rifles and revolvers, auto-pistols and revolvers.  Old and new.  I'm always disappointed when I see the animosity between the groups.  But now more than ever should the two groups bury the hatchet for this cause.  No one's group should argue over any opinions of each other's passions.  It all about the right to keep their guns.  The hunters seem for the most part invulnerable to the attacks happening.  Many agree that the "black guns" should go.  What they severely miss is Governor and his one party system wants them all.  We need a mediator between the groups to get them to attend.  The head count would be huge.  And I believe it would help the senior turn out which is another thing I feel we need.  I'm begging as many as I know and I implore everyone else to do the same.  Our individual beliefs on particular guns or the sport they are used in is irrelevant to this event.  They will be brought down on too.  Their rights are in jeopardy too.  Help me instill a "One for all and All for one" into their heads.  Let them carry on. Don't engage. Just get them to make the trip.    I'll be crafting a similar message for their board also.  If they chime in on here let's welcome them.        

• Like 1

I'll be there.

Call me a jerk but if you can't show up for a couple hours on one day, maybe you don't care enough about 2A to sit on the internet and complain all day.

No offense to anyone who can't make it due to a disability, emergency in the family, or job like police/EMS that you can't just call out. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, BobA said:

I'm also on NJHunters.com as are several other members of this site.  I watched a convo go down where someone from this site was trying to recruit the hunters (fudds) to attend.  It broke out into a real knock down drag out.  I enjoy all sporting aspects of guns.  I have ARs, levers, black powder rifles and revolvers, auto-pistols and revolvers.  Old and new.  I'm always disappointed when I see the animosity between the groups.  But now more than ever should the two groups bury the hatchet for this cause.  No one's group should argue over any opinions of each other's passions.  It all about the right to keep their guns.  The hunters seem for the most part invulnerable to the attacks happening.  Many agree that the "black guns" should go.  What they severely miss is Governor and his one party system wants them all.  We need a mediator between the groups to get them to attend.  The head count would be huge.  And I believe it would help the senior turn out which is another thing I feel we need.  I'm begging as many as I know and I implore everyone else to do the same.  Our individual beliefs on particular guns or the sport they are used in is irrelevant to this event.  They will be brought down on too.  Their rights are in jeopardy too.  Help me instill a "One for all and All for one" into their heads.  Let them carry on. Don't engage. Just get them to make the trip.    I'll be crafting a similar message for their board also.  If they chime in on here let's welcome them.        

I agree with everything you said! Perhaps reminding them of Loretta's hot mic "confiscate, confiscate, confiscate" moment would help? I don't think anything was more revealing than that particular unguarded moment. And we've seen plenty of similar moments from other anti-2A types. I have no problem with someone who's misinformed... but I have a big problem with someone like her, who's both misinformed AND fanatical!

It is unrealistic to think folks like her don't want to take "the whole enchilada" of gun rights - all in time. First it will be the AR-15s, then there'll be a school shooting and they'll say... "well, that's because we needed to outlaw all semi-auto's" etc., and so on and so forth. Slippery slope! I'm sure we all appreciate that you're trying. I know I do.

Update: it just occurred to me... a lot of these proposed laws target gun owners in general. Have a neighbor who hates you? They could easily report you to the police and your guns could be seized - NO due process. That's the kind of un-American CRAP they were proposing! That should concern ANYONE with a respect for due process - even if you're not a gun owner. Maybe THAT'S the angle to take?

8 minutes ago, mossburger said:

I'll be there.

Call me a jerk but if you can't show up for a couple hours on one day, maybe you don't care enough about 2A to sit on the internet and complain all day.

No offense to anyone who can't make it due to a disability, emergency in the family, or job like police/EMS that you can't just call out. 

I've got more money invested in all this iron than I'm going to lose taking off. 

• Like 1

As far as the Fudds, Mrs. Peel, I would remind them of this.

If and when the day comes that the semi-auto black rifles are banned, guess what comes next? 

12 gauges and high power rifles.

Many European countries, for example, ban all centerfire rifles, shotguns bigger than .410, etc...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mrs. Peel said:

If we can't get at least 4,000+ gun owners to Trenton (a mere 1/2 of 1% of the estimated 800,000+ in the state), then SHAME on this community!

I've been talking to my 2A friendly friends and family about this and also bringing it up with guys I know that belong to other clubs, and on another forum too. 

We need to be good soldiers promote the shit out of this.  If enough people talk to others, and put a little pressure on them too we can get a good turnout.  It's hard to say what the number is, but once enough people are on board with this it will reach critical mass and become a real movement.  We just have to push harder than the opposition and not pass up any opportunity to encourage attendance.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, matty said:

BTDT, for some folks it's the FOURTH TIME for the massive big rally on Trenton (1991, 1993, 2013).  I wont be there as I am moving anyway, but GLWT.

Yep.....I was there... 

So have we figured out any car pool/ train/ whatever scheme yet? I have a few more people from Lake Island verified going down too. We have it up on our web page and are actively pinging members on it. 

-Jim

11 hours ago, mossburger said:

As far as the Fudds, Mrs. Peel, I would remind them of this.

If and when the day comes that the semi-auto black rifles are banned, guess what comes next? 

12 gauges and high power rifles.

Many European countries, for example, ban all centerfire rifles, shotguns bigger than .410, etc...

Tell them to start reading some of the posts and articles of Clay shooters and hunters in the UK. I have been reading stuff because I am getting into clays but it is enlightening. The UK government is still coming after double barrelled shotgun ownership and ammo for them, making them jump though hoops for purchase, requiring membership in an approved registered club, shell purchase limits, etc. It does not stop...

-Jim