Scorpio64

Power Outage Map

I guess if your power is out, you already know, but if you are curious as to how the rest of the state is faring have a peek here.  This is for First Energy customers only.

http://outages.firstenergycorp.com/nj.html

PSE&G customers can look here.

http://outagecenter.pseg.com/external/default.html

Atlantic City Electric outage map here

https://www.atlanticcityelectric.com/Outages/CheckOutageStatus/Pages/ViewOutageMap.aspx

• Like 3

Went out at 4:45, back at 7:00.  

Ku8dos to the repair crews

Adding:

Predicted restoration time 11pm. In the it figures department.  Just got the generator gassed and running.  Sump pump plugged in.  2 minutes later. Power.

We lost power for all of 30 seconds before it kicked on.
Not going to even pull the Genny out if we lose power, though. Too much work to dig it out, my garage is packed full of crap lol. Just light the fireplace and suck it up!

1 hour ago, InFamous said:

Yup, everything around me has said awaiting dispatch for over 6 hours, good times!

Hopefully the line men are staying safe until the storm blows over, even if it sucks waiting. My friend has been without power since 930am

Came home after an 18.5 hour shift plowing and salting to no power. To lazy to start the genny. Lit kerosene heater and cracked open a few cold ones.

• Like 1

My power came back on just before Live PD last night. Hope everyone stayed warm and gets their power back soon if you haven't already. Sounds super windy out there this morning. 

I think maybe those of us that live near the shore got some substantial upgrades to the grid after Sandy.
I think you maybe right. I am not exactly near the shore, but in Western Monmouth so not too far away.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, capt14k said:

I think you maybe right. I am not exactly near the shore, but in Western Monmouth so not too far away.

I'm near the shore, South of you. Our power stayed on the whole time, the neighborhood has underground utilities, so that apparently helps.

The house was out of power (and cold) for almost a day.  The barn (further down the line) is still out.  

Problem is the water wellpump is powered by the barn - have to go out tho the barn and run the generator to take a shower

Lost it 6pm sat night the 3rd...we were up the whole time.  Northern end of Vernon twp.

Gas , check

Fuel, check

Gennie, check

Wood stove lit since early oct..very big check.

G&A for those pesky 'zombies', check

They say Wednesday. ....  we shall see.

Lost it 6pm sat night the 3rd...we were up the whole time.  Northern end of Vernon twp.
Gas , check
Fuel, check
Gennie, check
Wood stove lit since early oct..very big check.
G&A for those pesky 'zombies', check

They say Wednesday. ....  we shall see.
Wednesday? It was that bad up there, or is the electric grid that outdated up there?

1 hour ago, W2MC said:

The house was out of power (and cold) for almost a day.  The barn (further down the line) is still out.  

Problem is the water wellpump is powered by the barn - have to go out tho the barn and run the generator to take a shower

Fixed....their 'estimate' was for Monday afternoon; but the trucks rumbled-in at oh-dark-thirty sunday morning

20 minutes ago, capt14k said:

Wednesday? It was that bad up there, or is the electric grid that outdated up there?

That bad...highand lakes got hammered...problem is lots of feeders over hills and dales.....

To jcpl we are red headed step children...they maintain sh*t up here.

So I live near Clinton in a development that barely 20 years old.  We have no above ground wiring and no where near what others would consider the “boonies”.  

Cable has been out since Friday am, power mid Friday afternoon.  Estimates from say 1:30 today and Tuesday after respectively.

for us it wasn’t the actual storm but the sheer number of trees that took out wires and transformer boxes in neighboring areas.  What irks me is we still have friends and family with streets blocked from down wires and trees.  People literally can not get off their streets/driveway to get food.  How is that even acceptable in this day and age?

20 minutes ago, USRifle30Cal said:

Imagine if you will the NK emp's.....

I dont care where you leave or what day and age it is...if your not self suffecient...your as good as dead.

never too early for a good Doomsday discussion is it lol?  if I wrap my genny in foil ya think it will survive a emp?