blksheep

1911 9mm....cant decide...

Like was stated earlier, if you are going to have one and use it for competition, I'd personally go w/ proven quality.  STI is the first one that comes to mind but the DW VBOB is also a good option.  The STI also hold their value pretty well.  I would look for a used one on the various forums.  

I had one of these and the things was lights out.  You legit couldn't miss w/ it.  Another forum member now owns it and I'm pretty sure he likes it as well.

https://stiguns.com/guns/tactical-ds/

If that hideous external extractor doesn't bother you there is a whole S&W pro package on benos right now.

I'm partial to the springfield RO, I have the RO in 45 for USPSA and the wife has the 9mm RO for steel and KD steel, both have been flawless other than a couple worn out mag issues. I really prefer the grip on a 2011 over a 1911 though, STI.

20180208_090241.jpg

20180208_090205.jpg

2 hours ago, bry@n said:

The SW pro series is a sweet gun. I’d tend to go that way. The STI 2011 is obviously seeet but have been hearing of reliability issues with STI lately. 

I have been hearing the exact opposite. The Gen 2 mags reportedly have made a significant improvement.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shane45 said:

I have been hearing the exact opposite. The Gen 2 mags reportedly have made a significant improvement.

I am running the new mags, all worked right out of package.

I was thinking he was talking single stack.

If your going to shoot steel strongly consider dawson's sti Trojan for single or double stack.

Sigle stack 9mm https://dawsonprecision.com/copy-of-sti-trojan-crp-hard-chrome/

or S&W 9mm pro

I run Kimber team 2 9mm my favorite single stack that I own. http://www.kimberamerica.com/team-match-ii-a

I have a para single stack in 9 - who has decent magazines for it?  Most I see are in the 25 and up range.  or am I dreaming I will find .45-priced mags in 9 mm?

15 minutes ago, W2MC said:

I have a para single stack in 9 - who has decent magazines for it?  Most I see are in the 25 and up range.  or am I dreaming I will find .45-priced mags in 9 mm?

For Good 1911 9mm - Dawson precision, Tripp research or Wilson Combat. 

I will be in this same boat some day.   Blksheep csn you refine your preference a little more like are you focusing on under a grand or over a grand?   Also do you want full size or smaller?

price point really determines the starring point I think.   Like I am not gonna spend over $1200 on a HG.

Good.   Because that takes a lot off the table and now I can watch your dive down  into the full size under a grand 9mm market.   I just have one last wish list.  I’m a sucker for the flat stainless in 1911.