blksheep

1911 9mm....cant decide...

Over $1K STI Trojan

Under $1k Springfield RO

I have the Trojan and it is my workhorse IDPA ESP gun. Make sure to order the Tripp Cobra Mags and you are good to go for factory ammo. Lighter reloads may need a recoil spring swap.

STI customer service has been good as well

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Greg said:

Over $1K STI Trojan

Under $1k Springfield RO

I have the Trojan and it is my workhorse IDPA ESP gun. Make sure to order the Tripp Cobra Mags and you are good to go for factory ammo. Lighter reloads may need a recoil spring swap.

STI customer service has been good as well

10 rd. magazines in a 9mm 1911 are very finicky. I've had best luck with CMC mags. Dawson and Tripp were pretty good, with minimal feed problems. Wilson were downright horrendous. YMMV.

Oddly enough, never had any issues with 9rd. mags, from any manufacturer.

Contrary to popular opinion, I do own and shoot some bottom feeders. One of my favorites is my STI USPSA 1911 in 9 mm. Unfortunately, STI is only making one 1911 anymore, the DVC @ $3K.

Dawson still has some competition ready STI Trojans, but I imagine when they're gone, that's it.

If you are leaning toward SA RO, Dawson has a competition ready one of those for just under a grand.

The other two I'd consider would be the Dan Wesson Pointman 9 and the S&W Pro with adjustable sights.

From what I hear, the Tripp mags are pretty much trouble free. I have been using Wilson's, and while I know they are problematic for some, all eleven of mine have run perfectly.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Pizza Bob said:

Contrary to popular opinion, I do own and shoot some bottom feeders.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Funny, when I shot IDPA with you you said the same thing to me.