Lambo2936

Alternative 22 tacticool Rifle to a MP15-22

50 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, My1stGlock said:

As sgtdave mentioned a 10/22? Start off with a cheap base build and customize to yer heart's desire!

I agree with that.

4 hours ago, Lambo2936 said:

Do i start with a standard 10/22 or a 10/22 takedown?

Go with the standard version of the 10/22, since you'll be gutting it to make the build with the custom parts.

1 person likes this

23 minutes ago, Sniper22 said:

I agree with that.

Go with the standard version of the 10/22, since you'll be gutting it to make the build with the custom parts.

Agreed. Standard 10/22

one of these should be in everyone’s gun safe

2 people like this

Cool, thanks. I had a 10/22 takedown for a short period of time but wasn't a big fan of it and ended up selling it off. Maybe ill pick one up under the same nics check for the stoeger i want to buy if i ever get to tanners or cabelas makes shit right.

4 hours ago, Sniper22 said:

I took the standard black synthetic stock like this:

1151.jpg

and bought this Archangel kit and converted it to this:

ruger-10-22-archangel-737.jpg

Wowzers! Looks like a Cheaper Than Dirt catalog three up on your rifle. You should probably clean that up. :rofl: 

5 hours ago, Sniper22 said:

I took the standard black synthetic stock like this:

1151.jpg

and bought this Archangel kit and converted it to this:

ruger-10-22-archangel-737.jpg

If I ever put that atrocity on a 10/22....someone please use it on me.  I've obviously gotten so sick to my head that you'd be doing me a favor...

I love that 10/22s have hundreds of options for different shells.  I've seen 10/22 AUGs, M249s, G36s, and so many other guns.  However, if I go for a body kit for a 10/22, the model in the lead for me is a High Tower Armory 90/22

HTA9022AG-2.jpg

Would run about 1/3 of what a PS90 would with a fake can, and I'd get my P90 fix.  Plus it would cost a hell of a lot less to shoot than a PS90...

On 10/14/2018 at 10:58 PM, Sniper22 said:

Any better?

1022.jpg

I just don't see the point. It's a sub 200 dollar gun why spend almost double that to make it look different. If you want an AR style 22 just get the S&W m&p 15-22 and be done. 

1 person likes this

On 10/12/2018 at 10:53 PM, Screwball said:

The Rugers?

I’ve seen them a quite a few dealers in NJ. I do know some of those other caliber M1 Carbines (9mm, if I remember correctly), were deemed as “assault weapons.”

Biggest identical situation I heard was that MA AG who redefined what was included as identical... making all ARs covered, and not just things like Colt’s marked “AR-15.” Was after that Florida nightclub shooting.

is that before the courts?  can't see how that's legal

2 hours ago, carl_g said:

I just don't see the point. It's a sub 200 dollar gun why spend almost double that to make it look different. If you want an AR style 22 just get the S&W m&p 15-22 and be done. 

Because it was a play project during the Winter, it gave me something to do. I don't give a crap about the money, that's never an issue.

4 hours ago, Sniper22 said:

Because it was a play project during the Winter, it gave me something to do. I don't give a crap about the money, that's never an issue.

OK then... M&P15-22 is probably the same price in the end and more like an AR in every way compared to that ugly thing. I would have left it stock and bought more ammo. :) 

1 hour ago, carl_g said:

OK then... M&P15-22 is probably the same price in the end and more like an AR in every way compared to that ugly thing.  

Yeah, but I wanted the guts to be a bulletproof Ruger 10/22. That's the important part.

Does the window curtains really matter in that case?

1 hour ago, carl_g said:

and bought more ammo. :)

I did that too, lots of it. Like I said, it wasn't about the money, that wasn't a consideration, there's lots of that too.

On 10/16/2018 at 9:33 PM, Sniper22 said:

Yeah, but I wanted the guts to be a bulletproof Ruger 10/22. That's the important part.

Does the window curtains really matter in that case?

I did that too, lots of it. Like I said, it wasn't about the money, that wasn't a consideration, there's lots of that too.

did you buy an older Ruger 10/22 as your base?