Redlines

No high capacity mags used

I had read the same thing 2 or 3 days ago. I wondered at the time what backpack would not hold a 20/30 round magazine. I know the firearm was a Smith & Wesson M&P AR 15, the particular model was not mentioned, but they did speculate it was a cheap version because there was suspicion the gun jammed. Suspicion? Why don't they wait and give out the real facts instead of feeding bits and pieces of may or may not be true. The gun jammed because it was a cheap model? Where do they get this information (news media)? I have not seen a police spokesperson state that yet.

I fear the same thing. Ten rounds? better pass a law to make it a 3 round magazine.

1 hour ago, Redlines said:

https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/03/report-parkland-shooter-did-not-use-high-capacity-magazines/

Now it it comes out that the shooter used 10 round mags because larger ones would not fit in his bag. So it makes sense that they want to ban high capacity mags even though they were not used.

Maybe someone should have told Macro Rubio this before he folded 

1 hour ago, JC_68Westy said:

I saw a few stories online that said this.  Not surprised that it hasn't received any attention.

It doesn’t fit their narrative plus the libtards seem to be hell-bent on all-out ban.

Magazine capacity limits make perfect sense to people who view guns only as tools of evil.  If the sole purpose of guns is for bad people to kill good people, then it is logical to limit their capability or even ban them completely.  

We need to figure out how to message better for the masses to realize that guns are used to protect lives of innocent people far more often than they are used to take them.  

Plus, of course, there's that whole loss of logic, believing that murderers are going to comply with some arbitrary magazine limit.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Redlines said:

https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/03/report-parkland-shooter-did-not-use-high-capacity-magazines/

Now it it comes out that the shooter used 10 round mags because larger ones would not fit in his bag. So it makes sense that they want to ban high capacity mags even though they were not used.

That's why there is all the attention on bump stocks, too.

This tells me I need a 60 round Drum Mag so if I have an active shooter using 10 round mags I don't have to reload

I read that he left a bunch of 30rd mags along with his ar in the school; mags had swazikas and crap etched in them...

but i thought he only used low cap mags? Wtf is going on with this nonsense???

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/broward/parkland/florida-school-shooting/fl-florida-school-shooting-nikolas-cruz-left-180-rounds-20180302-story,amp.html

15 minutes ago, Lambo2936 said:

I read that he left a bunch of 30rd mags along with his ar in the school; mags had swazikas and crap etched in them...

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/broward/parkland/florida-school-shooting/fl-florida-school-shooting-nikolas-cruz-left-180-rounds-20180302-story,amp.html

Obviously someone is not telling the troof 

1 hour ago, Lambo2936 said:

the whole thing stinks. didn't they say he fumbled the reload, and got frustrated? how the hell do you fumble a reload on an ar??

Don't know what kind of bag he was carrying the mags into the school.  Really can't say.

Several conservative and liberal outlets reported the 10 Rd mags.  Based on that there is probably some truth in that.

The mags with the swastikas were in his car from what I read.

Fumbled a reload?  Cheap AR?  We don't know how familiar this guy is with ARS.  Yes I can think of several ways you can fumble a reload if you're not well versed with any gun.  Did he lube the gun?  We don't know this.

Most is just speculation.  We do know he could have killed just as many people with a single barrel shotgun.

• Like 1

He didn't fumble a reload, the rifle jammed and he didn't know how to clear it is what the news reported.

I Also read about the no 30-rd mags being used thing, but now i'm seeing that he left his AR with a bunch of 30-rd mags in the school; which one is it?? Ridiculous how fucked up the media is. I Guess the "high" capacity mag ban was losing momentum so they needed some of this nonsense to help push it through..

5 hours ago, 1LtCAP said:

the whole thing stinks. didn't they say he fumbled the reload, and got frustrated? how the hell do you fumble a reload on an ar??

My guess is a FTF or a double feed but could be a BOB since it was during use.  Luckily he wasn't familiar enough to clear the problem.

How about there was multiple shooters? Has anyone gone back and interviewed the girl who said she left the school with the supposed shooter while shots were being fired? This whole story is as bad as Aurora.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, capt14k said:

How about there was multiple shooters? Has anyone gone back and interviewed the girl who said she left the school with the supposed shooter while shots were being fired? This whole story is as bad as Aurora.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

or the teacher that saw the shooter in full tactical gear?

• Like 3

Tons of conspiracy's going around, just like with Sandy hook and other shootings. I don't even know what to believe anymore. As much as id like to believe that the govt has no reason to do something like this, they have EVERY reason to do something like this; a few more mass shootings and we'll be losing huge chunks of the 2A..
100 bodies in a few mass shootings is far less than what would happen if there wasn't this mass shooting epidemic and the government just up and decided to ban things..

• Like 1

Wanna know what keeps me awake at nights -   EMP'S

and....

The American Beslan....  it's' coming...and we are not prepared....

Think about this. ....a well timed multi state effort....  just hijack a few school buses.....  while some schools are hit....

The American public cannot be told the real truth about anything....  they are too medicated to addicted to soft to be able to handle the real truth. ...

• Like 1

Wanna know what keeps me awake at nights -   EMP'S

and....

The American Beslan....  it's' coming...and we are not prepared....

Think about this. ....a well timed multi state effort....  just hijack a few school buses.....  while some schools are hit....

The American public cannot be told the real truth about anything....  they are too medicated to addicted to soft to be able to handle the real truth. ...

I honestly believe it has happened more than once. Never heard anymore about the two middle Eastern men with backpacks that were being chased through the mall in Aurora, were seen running across the street by road crew, and no explanation for the extra tactical gear at the corner of the building. Then the deaths post Aurora. The most mysterious the head ER nurse, who was a triathlete, took the boat out in the middle of the night and drowned. While at their lake house with her husband.

Vegas is the other one. Too much doesn't add up. How the patsies tie in I'm not positive, but James Holmes was seen with a mystery woman (handler). Steven Pollack I think may have been working with FBI as part of ISIS sting operation that went horribly wrong. Would the government really tell us they failed so badly? The same government that gave us "let's roll" when they had to shoot down the plane over an open field. It was the right call, but the American Public couldn't handle it.

Florida and Sandy Hook maybe much more sinister. Still looking for Robert Hoagland who a neighbor posted on his Facebook did you really see other shooters escape through your yard on ATVs right before he disappeared. Also multiple Police died at Yale Hospital after going in for routine surgeries. Still waiting to find out what house of urine was about. 300 gallon jugs of urine found in abandoned house soon after Sandy Hook. Maybe just a wacko homeless guy. Maybe connected.

• Like 1

Tons of conspiracy's going around, just like with Sandy hook and other shootings. I don't even know what to believe anymore. As much as id like to believe that the govt has no reason to do something like this, they have EVERY reason to do something like this; a few more mass shootings and we'll be losing huge chunks of the 2A..
100 bodies in a few mass shootings is far less than what would happen if there wasn't this mass shooting epidemic and the government just up and decided to ban things..

Mass shootings aren’t an epidemic. People killed in mass shootings make up for .5% of people killed in shootings in the US yearly, to put it bluntly. They’re irrelevant. This country will be outraged for a little bit longer until something else happens like another gorilla being shot or someone being really offended by something Trump says.

6 hours ago, Lambo2936 said:

the woman was on video. capt 14k linked it in the other thread.

last page.

1 hour ago, JR88USMC said:

Mass shootings aren’t an epidemic. People killed in mass shootings make up for .5% of people killed in shootings in the US yearly, to put it bluntly. They’re irrelevant. This country will be outraged for a little bit longer until something else happens like another gorilla being shot or someone being really offended by something Trump says.

Statistically, I see your point. Morally, I'm not sure "nothing to see here" is the way to go. At the very least, these shootings should make rational people question a bunch of things like:

• Do signs pronouncing "gun-free zone" just announce the vulnerability of the people in that zone?
  • Does playing these stories up in the press create copycats? (there's some evidence that it does)
  • Should the nation's children get less protection that your average corporate campus? or should we "harden the target"? (not just for the occasional crazy kid but for a potential terrorist attack as well - we've certainly seen that happen elsewhere in the world)
  • Is "run, hide, fight" the best plan? (I've seen some very provocative stories suggesting that's the WORST possible plan - that "run and get out" is much better - that we're training kids to be sitting ducks waiting to be shot during these admittedly rare events)

If these rare, but horrible events are going to happen, I think it's good for the pro-2A side to have a rational plan to address them - otherwise, it sounds brutally cold. (I'm not saying you ARE cold, mind you, but it could come off that way to any parent understandably concerned for their kid's safety).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mrs. Peel said:

Statistically, I see your point. Morally, I'm not sure "nothing to see here" is the way to go. At the very least, these shootings should make rational people question a bunch of things like:

• Do signs pronouncing "gun-free zone" just announce the vulnerability of the people in that zone?
  • Does playing these stories up in the press create copycats? (there's some evidence that it does)
  • Should the nation's children get less protection that your average corporate campus? or should we "harden the target"? (not just for the occasional crazy kid but for a potential terrorist attack as well - we've certainly seen that happen elsewhere in the world)
  • Is "run, hide, fight" the best plan? (I've seen some very provocative stories suggesting that's the WORST possible plan - that "run and get out" is much better - that we're training kids to be sitting ducks waiting to be shot during these admittedly rare events)

If these rare, but horrible events are going to happen, I think it's good for the pro-2A side to have a rational plan to address them - otherwise, it sounds brutally cold. (I'm not saying you ARE cold, mind you, but it could come off that way to any parent understandably concerned for their kid's safety).

What's cold is parents believing the police and government will protect them when everything coming out about what happened in Parkland was a total failure by both the school's board of education & the local police. What's also more frustrating is people in New Jersey fearing this will happen here, but they haven't the slightest clue about our own states gun laws. The likelihood of this ever happening here would be low as we all know, it's not that easy to buy a gun in this state & the FID application process alone makes for a big enough obstacle that you either have to climb it carefully or just not do it at all. That's what enrages me more about this situation is how it's going to affect us gun owners in NJ when we already have a tough system in place. "they could be tougher" tougher how? Seriously send 100 people who never owned guns to a gun store in NJ or PA and let me know how many of them can go in and easily buy a gun.

IMHO, I feel like since we've vetted ourselves legally in this state before owning a gun, there should be no restriction on how we furnish our weapon, what size magazines we use, or being able to carry. Now I see why most pro-2A people in other states oppose an FID process, because we compromise on one thing, then they continue to take more from us.

7 minutes ago, JR88USMC said:

What's cold is parents believing the police and government will protect them when everything coming out about what happened in Parkland was a total failure by both the school's board of education & the local police. What's also more frustrating is people in New Jersey fearing this will happen here, but they haven't the slightest clue about our own states gun laws. The likelihood of this ever happening here would be low as we all know, it's not that easy to buy a gun in this state & the FID application process alone makes for a big enough obstacle that you either have to climb it carefully or just not do it at all. That's what enrages me more about this situation is how it's going to affect us gun owners in NJ when we already have a tough system in place. "they could be tougher" tougher how? Seriously send 100 people who never owned guns to a gun store in NJ or PA and let me know how many of them can go in and easily buy a gun.

IMHO, I feel like since we've vetted ourselves legally in this state before owning a gun, there should be no restriction on how we furnish our weapon, what size magazines we use, or being able to carry. Now I see why most pro-2A people in other states oppose an FID process, because we compromise on one thing, then they continue to take more from us.

To your point  - it wasn't just the school and the local police that missed everything - there were also local mental health authorities AND the FBI who dropped the ball. So I do agree with you, after such an epic, systemic failure on the part of MULTIPLE agencies, it seems strange to me that parents refuse to consider other options. 

The sad fact is though... there will always be occurrences like this. And not just here in the U.S. but globally. And yes, there could be one right here in NJ. Of course there could! A kid could steal his parent's gun - it's not like we haven't seen that happen before. Or he could rig up a pipe bomb easily enough. Or mow kids down with a rented or borrowed truck. Unfortunately, you can't legislate away evil. (I know you know this... and I'm preaching to the choir). The focus on guns is silly when there are so many other methods to cause mayhem.

That said, I think you do have to acknowledge parents' fear - and not just dismiss it out of hand. There are areas where reasonable people should be able to come together - hardening the targets is just one of them. Improved community mental health services is another. Frankly, some of these are good ideas regardless of school shooters. We should have better community health programs in this country anyway! Mentally ill people are homeless, in ERs and in our jails - is that really BETTER than being treated in a community mental health center or even a psychiatric hospital? I would argue, "No".

• Like 1

To your point  - it wasn't just the school and the local police that missed everything - there were also local mental health authorities AND the FBI who dropped the ball. So I do agree with you, after such an epic, systemic failure on the part of MULTIPLE agencies, it seems strange to me that parents refuse to consider other options. 
The sad fact is though... there will always be occurrences like this. And not just here in the U.S. but globally. And yes, there could be one right here in NJ. Of course there could! A kid could steal his parent's gun - it's not like we haven't seen that happen before. Or he could rig up a pipe bomb easily enough. Or mow kids down with a rented or borrowed truck. Unfortunately, you can't legislate away evil. (I know you know this... and I'm preaching to the choir). The focus on guns is silly when there are so many other methods to cause mayhem.
That said, I think you do have to acknowledge parents' fear - and not just dismiss it out of hand. There are areas where reasonable people should be able to come together - hardening the targets is just one of them. Improved community mental health services is another. Frankly, some of these are good ideas regardless of school shooters. We should have better community health programs in this country anyway! Mentally ill people are homeless, in ERs and in our jails - is that really BETTER than being treated in a community mental health center or even a psychiatric hospital? I would argue, "No".

The FBI has very little to do with this, the FBI relies on state & local police to report things to NICS or in states that administer NICS on their own, it’s their responsibility (Florida is one of the states that administers their own). The only role the FBI plays in firearms is setting the standards for NICS. What should have been done was the school press charges on this kid when they caught him with ammo 2 years ago (which is a felony) or when he left that youtube comment, YT should have looked up his IP address and reported it to the local authorities. The FBI’s main concern is national security, organized crime & trying to find nothingburgers in Trump’s russian collusion.

Stealing your parents firearms is irrelevant as to why gun control is such a hot topic right now, it’s that it’s “easy” to buy a firearm in most states, but honestly it comes down to the responsibility of police to report something to NICS & society to report suspicious behavior to the police.

Here’s my advice to parents, stop giving your kids technology. Stop giving them iphones at such a young age, stop babysitting them with ipads and make them go outside and play with kids. Kids have it a lot rougher now than most of us do, when we had a bad day in school, it stayed at school. Now with all this technology kids are getting bullied on social media (which you know that no matter how good of a parent you are, your kid is signing up for a social media account no matter what you do.) and that affects their home Life as well. Kids who are outcasts browse social media, see that their peers are out having fun and feeling left out because they weren’t invited, they harass each other in facebook, instagram, snapchat, twitter & abuse the internet. That outlet gives a psycho even more deranged thoughts and behavior, he probably researched everything he needed to know about guns on that same piece of technology he’s browsing social media on. I’m 30, so to say I grew up without technology was a lie, but my favorite moments of my adolescence were playing football in my backyard with my friends or riding around the neighborhood on my bikes, not the conversations on AOL instant messenger or myspace. Today’s kids, that’s what they do, sit around on their phones and browse social media together. I suppose banning actual technology wouldn’t go over well even though it’s caused more problems in society than ever before. It’s no coincidence that mass shootings became more popular when the Internet was made widely available to consumers.

Kids aren’t taught to stand up to bullies anymore, if you stand up to a bully and kick their ass like you should, the consequences are heavy, or ultimately parents should just teach their kids to not be assholes to one another. Joking that a kid was going to shoot up a school only enabled him, rather than someone extending their hand to him and giving him help. People are ignorant and think with their emotions rather than logic and honestly believe blaming objects or occurrences rather than addressing problems head on is the solution. Look at california, they blame “scary features” on rifles and ban them thinking it will solve their problems

Sorry for the word fort but give this a read, it’s long but well worth it, I think it speaks very well as to what is broken in our society.

https://markmanson.net/how-to-grow-up

1 hour ago, JR88USMC said:

What's cold is parents believing the police and government will protect them when everything coming out about what happened in Parkland was a total failure by both the school's board of education & the local police. what's sad here, is that this can come right back to the parents. the school board would more than likely not have changed their "zero tolerance" policy, if it weren't for pressure from parentsWhat's also more frustrating is people in New Jersey fearing this will happen here, but they haven't the slightest clue about our own states gun laws. The likelihood of this ever happening here would be low as we all know, it's not that easy to buy a gun in this state & the FID application process alone makes for a big enough obstacle that you either have to climb it carefully or just not do it at all.our guns laws have nothing to do with how likely or unlikely something like this is to happen here. look at nj as a giant gun free zone. we all know how effective those are.  That's what enrages me more about this situation is how it's going to affect us gun owners in NJ when we already have a tough system in place. "they could be tougher" tougher how? Seriously send 100 people who never owned guns to a gun store in NJ or PA and let me know how many of them can go in and easily buy a gun.

see red text above.

This is what happens when we live in a society where everyone feels entitled to everything, rather than work hard for what they want. Little johnny isn’t getting playing time on the football team? Let’s send him to a school where he will because clearly the coach hates him.

That’s the problem with our society, entitlement and blaming scapegoats

yes. NJ is essentially a giant GFZ, but at the same time people don't care about illegally acquired firearms as much as they care that people can go out and buy a gun easily, not the case here.