I’m using the app and a different laser system. It works with any red laser. 

The app works ok. I’m sure the sled helps get the right distance from the target. It’s not horribly accurate but good enough for trigger control work and general dry fire practice. Sometimes it doesn’t register hits or if the light in the room is too bright will register multiple hits. 

Not a bad tool though for not too much money.

-Jim

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, JimB1 said:

The app works ok. I’m sure the sled helps get the right distance from the target. It’s not horribly accurate but good enough for trigger control work and general dry fire practice. Sometimes it doesn’t register hits or if the light in the room is too bright will register multiple hits. 

-Jim

I thought about trying it with a different laser system. What are you using?

I am using SureStrike  https://www.laser-ammo.com/laser-training in my pistols but a LaserLyte https://www.amazon.com/LaserLyte-LT-PRE-Laser-Trainer-Universal/dp/B010FMFRLO/ref=pd_lpo_vtph_200_bs_img_1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=SK511M29NXK8KCX4SWZ9 in my revolver because it goes in the front of the barrel rather then in the chamber so I don’t need to keep spinning it to line up the laser with the firing pin. 

They both work well with it.

-Jim

3 hours ago, JimB1 said:

I am using SureStrike  https://www.laser-ammo.com/laser-training in my pistols but a LaserLyte https://www.amazon.com/LaserLyte-LT-PRE-Laser-Trainer-Universal/dp/B010FMFRLO/ref=pd_lpo_vtph_200_bs_img_1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=SK511M29NXK8KCX4SWZ9 in my revolver because it goes in the front of the barrel rather then in the chamber so I don’t need to keep spinning it to line up the laser with the firing pin. 

They both work well with it.

-Jim

Thats cool.....I purchased the complete package with their laser for around $100 with shipping. I was thinking about getting a Lasr self resetting training pistol but they can be pretty expensive.

3 hours ago, JimB1 said:

-Jim

Pretty much the same for me except I got the whole thing from itarget.  Everything Jim said is true...the sled does help get the right angle but the cell phone holder is a little finicky to use.  It only "clamps" the from one side so the phone tends to slip...a little double sided tape helps with that though.  100% correct about the ambient light...bright areas will register random "hits".   It is a decent practice tool for not a lot of money and once you get it set up and "calibrated", its fairly accurate.   I have no real complaints....other than i'm not a good shot.

Screenshot_20180305-113450.png