WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot

Safariland QLS System

Hi,

Anyone have any reviews/opinions on the Safariland QLS system?

Looking to make life easier on my range trips, tactical training classes and competing in the occasional USPSA/IDPA or steel match.  Also just want to rationalize my gear onto one common platform (Safariland ALS) instead of holsters from various vendors.  I'm not a hardcore competitor or CCW guy being in NJ currently so looking for something good all-around.

Thinking with QLS system, I can just swap out pistols/holsters easily on a UBL shank or paddle mount assuming I stick with Safariland holsters (ALS) on all my sidearms.  Would need to get a 2" like a Ares LE Belt but would listen to other recommendations.

Thanks.

Jeff_Gurwitch_Top_Tactical_Gear_for_Depl

• Like 1

I have great interest in this question as well. My requirements are simple. High quality modular platform that is reliable and won't beat up the guns. It seems there are 3 such platforms on the market, the gcode rti system, the serpa cqc/strike system and the safariland.

I own the serpa system, and despite the hatred online, it works fine for me. Biggest issue is that connect system is such that it sticks out a tad too much. Would like something a bit more flush. The gcode seems viable, but that company has ridiculous lead times for everything (weeks and months rather than days). I've heard good things about safariland but like op would like some user feedback on the platform before switching

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

I run ELS/QLS and I LOVE IT.

My wife and I share a pistol for matches and it's great being able to pop the gun/holster combo right off one belt and on to the other.  no fuss no muss.  

It's very common, which means if your pistol goes down and there's a friend or just friendly person in your squad with ELS/QLS, you can swap their mag pouches and holster/gun onto your belt in a matter of seconds for a backup.

Also, ELS affords you the ability to swap gear all around to be "mission specific" for particular situations.

Since you may not always be using a handgun with your belt, you can also adapt other stuff with QLS to make use of that spot on your belt.  I have a 8 shell caddy on a QLS (not ELS) clip so that if I'm doing a shotgun only stage/event I don't lose that spot on my belt.

Highly recommended.

• Like 1

I like the QLS system on a mid-ride.  Currently using a Trex Arms Ragnarok setup which I really like.  Ran it through a couple of classes and steel matches.  I like the setup and feel/location.  May or may not want to upgrade the holster to a safariland with ALS system in the future. 

Uggh. too many acronyms. Brain misapplying them. 

Have ALS holsters. Mounted on ELS or teklok. Also using a GLS for 3gun on ELS. 

MY $0.02 is the GLS is awesome for 3-gun, but THe ALS holsters are better overall. Better build, better retention, just a bit slower. 

I'm also interested in this system but all the parts and numbers is a little confusing to what I need when looking at the web site.

Is there a local store to go to that has stock of safariland products?

Can you guys list the parts, model numbers would be great, of what your rig consists of? 

Thanks

On 3/6/2018 at 8:48 PM, Tony13 said:

I'm also interested in this system but all the parts and numbers is a little confusing to what I need when looking at the web site.

Is there a local store to go to that has stock of safariland products?

Can you guys list the parts, model numbers would be great, of what your rig consists of? 

Thanks

Here's an overview of a basic setup starting from the inside and working your way outwards.

First, you have the belt itself which is two piece.  Inner goes on you like a normal belt.  Then you stick the outer belt to your inner belt.

Inner belt:

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1338160029/safariland-030-underbelt-1-1-2-buckleless-loop-liner-nylon-black

Outer belt:

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1338127297/safariland-032-els-competition-belt-1-3-4-hook-lined-overbelt-nylon-look

For everything except the holster (truth be told, I've used it for a holster too, but QLS is stronger and intended for holsters)
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1338349848/safariland-els-kit-2-pair

And then the QLS for the holster

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1338289797/safariland-quick-locking-system-kit-with-qls-19-and-qls-22-polymer

To set it up, put the belt on you the way you want to wear it.  I would recommend having where the belt joins be located right behind the holster as that's where you won't be putting equipment, anyways.

Attach the QLS plate to the belt where you want your holster.  Then attach the ELS plates where you want the option of attaching your other gear.  

Then you attach the forks on everything you want to attach to the plates, and tada, you're done.  Pretty much everything will accept a ELS fork, and if it doesn't, it can probably be made to.  I've rigged a bladetech holster to ELS before with a drill and dremel.

If you mod the belt to attach with a ratchet your life will improve greatly, here's my overview of that and you can also see the belts kinda.  Hope it helps!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Tony13 said:

Awesome, thanks for the info.

How is your holster attached to the belt? I'm looking to drop mine down and have it off my body a little. 

I was looking at the USPSA kit or the model 6281drop adapter. Are you using either one? 

I have it on an Invictus Practical drop, the hp-1, found here http://www.invictuspractical.com/holster-hanger.html

I haven't tried either of the drops you mentioned, but I'm happy with the Invictus.  It looks stiffer and more offset than the 6281 with more options, the USPSA kit is a whole other animal