Twospot

Pissed away $100. I wish I researched before

Mailed my app for NH non rez CCW. They got it last Monday, cashed my check Friday. Then I just realized whats the point. If I can't leave the state with it it was a waste of money. I'm moving to PA this year so I'll get a PA CCW. I guess the NH may help in other states. Should've checked before hand rather than reading after it was mailed.

7 minutes ago, Twospot said:

Mailed my app for NH non rez CCW. They got it last Monday, cashed my check Friday. Then I just realized whats the point. If I can't leave the state with it it was a waste of money. I'm moving to PA this year so I'll get a PA CCW. I guess the NH may help in other states. Should've checked before hand rather than reading after it was mailed.

If you can't leave the state with what? I use my NH non res permit to carry in PA quite often.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JohnnyB said:

If you can't leave the state with what? I use my NH non res permit to carry in PA quite often.

I'm seeing more stuff that FOPA doesn't cover me locking my  firearm unloaded in the trunk and driving into PA from my home in NJ. I was told by what I consider an incredibly reliable source that FOPA does. However I found threads on this forum and others saying unless you're driving to your own business, another home or a range that its illegal

I'm seeing more stuff that FOPA doesn't cover me locking my  firearm unloaded in the trunk and driving into PA from my home in NJ. I was told by what I consider an incredibly reliable source that FOPA does. However I found threads on this forum and others saying unless you're driving to your own business, another home or a range that its illegal

Who goes to PA and doesn't go to a range or gun shop? Every trip of mine into PA involves a range. You are fully covered under FOPA.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Twospot said:

You broke the code! There are lots of public ranges in PA! Just find one reasonably near the bridge you are crossing. I print out directions or instructions from the ranges website.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, capt14k said:

Who goes to PA and doesn't go to a range or gun shop? Every trip of mine into PA involves a range. You are fully covered under FOPA.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, JohnnyB said:

You broke the code! There are lots of public ranges in PA! Just find one reasonably near the bridge you are crossing. I print out directions or instructions from the ranges website.

I work in PA and have Clayton's about two miles from my office. They're not open when I drive into the area in the morning.

Just now, Twospot said:

I work in PA and have Clayton's about two miles from my office. They're not open when I drive into the area in the morning.

So what if they are not open yet. Your purpose for the trip is to go to that range from your house! Once you cross that bridge with your permit, NJ laws no longer apply! Perhaps you enjoy sitting in your car at Clayton's for a few hours before they open just to relax! The NJ police have NO control over what you do once you cross that bridge. When you return to NJ, just go straight home first and secure your firearm. As long as you follow NJ statutes for transporting, you are good to go! Don't overthink this thing! Once you cross into PA, YOU ARE A FREE MAN! Enjoy your right to carry while you still can!:)

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, JohnnyB said:

So what if they are not open yet. Your purpose for the trip is to go to that range from your house! Once you cross that bridge with your permit, NJ laws no longer apply! Perhaps you enjoy sitting in your car at Clayton's for a few hours before they open just to relax! The NJ police have NO control over what you do once you cross that bridge. When you return to NJ, just go straight home first and secure your firearm. As long as you follow NJ statutes for transporting, you are good to go! Don't overthink this thing! Once you cross into PA, YOU ARE A FREE MAN! Enjoy your right to carry while you still can!:)

Oh I know once I cross the bridge I'm a free man. However leaving and re-entering this shithole is a whole different ball game. It's difficult not to overthink with the crap here. I am 100% a cop will say "Well do you have proof you went to the range?"

Although the law does not say you need it, it doesn't say you don't. Remember that's how these libs think. Plus no offense against any LEOs here, I don't trust they know the laws.

Those of us that rushed for Utah wasted some serious coin, just to have reciprocate dropped a month or two later. 
What did you spend on Utah? I spent $60 + the cost of the License. I also got Florida for the cost of the License + passport pictures at Walgreens (IIRC $6). Utah covers states NH does not. Florida covers states neither Utah or NH cover including Florida.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Oh I know once I cross the bridge I'm a free man. However leaving and re-entering this shithole is a whole different ball game. It's difficult not to overthink with the crap here. I am 100% a cop will say "Well do you have proof you went to the range?"
Although the law does not say you need it, it doesn't say you don't. Remember that's how these libs think. Plus no offense against any LEOs here, I don't trust they know the laws.
Clayton's you are double covered. Range and gun store all in one place. What proof do you need that you brought your firearm to a licensed FFL to look at for repair? Clayton's does free estimates. You are over thinking it.

32 minutes ago, Twospot said:

You are understandably paranoid and that's the way the PRNJ wants you to be! You don't have to prove ANYTHING that happened during the time you were OUT OF THEIR JURISDICTION! What are they gonna do, check to see if your gun is dirty? You cleaned it at the range! Do a paraffin test on your hands? Oh crap, you washed them before you left the range then went to a bar and had a few drinks, had dinner, stayed at a Motel 6. and drove home the next day.

The above is exaggeration but it does not matter if you went to the range or not.......Your intention was to go to the range, then, when across the bridge, you changed your mind and went shopping instead! You CAN change your mind, no law against that is there?

Do what you want and live your life, or choose to live in fear of the Gestapo! Even they can't touch you if just follow the transport laws while IN this state!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, JohnnyB said:

You are understandably paranoid and that's the way the PRNJ wants you to be! You don't have to prove ANYTHING that happened during the time you were OUT OF THEIR JURISDICTION! What are they gonna do, check to see if your gun is dirty? You cleaned it at the range! Do a paraffin test on your hands? Oh crap, you washed them before you left the range then went to a bar and had a few drinks, had dinner, stayed at a Motel 6. and drove home the next day.

The above is exaggeration but it does not matter if you went to the range or not.......Your intention was to go to the range, then, when across the bridge, you changed your mind and went shopping instead! You CAN change your mind, no law against that is there?

Do what you want and live your life, or choose to live in fear of the Gestapo! Even they can't touch you if just follow the transport laws while IN this state!

Thanks man, I appreciate it. I'm sitting here cracking up almost urinating myself because I just realized what your avatar is LMAO!

Just now, Twospot said:

Thanks man, I appreciate it. I'm sitting here cracking up almost urinating myself because I just realized what your avatar is LMAO!

Ahh, the Bald Eagle that voted for Trump! I like him too! If Illegal aliens can vote for Dems in our election, why not let the symbol of the USA vote for trump!:)

2 hours ago, Gunsrlegal said:

Exactly what @capt14k and @JohnnyB said. Use your NH CCW until you move to PA. Once you're in PA you don't have to rush to apply.

For PA residents, PA does not recognize a non resident NH CCW. Resident only. As a PRNJ resident it's good in PA! Just apply for your PA resident permit when you get there and you won't miss a beat!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, JohnnyB said:

For PA residents, PA does not recognize a non resident NH CCW. Resident only. As a PRNJ resident it's good in PA! Just apply for your PA resident permit when you get there and you won't miss a beat!

Oh no doubt, as soon as I get the PA drivers license I'll get the PA CCW. Then I'm gonna go buy multiple handguns and a rifle IN ONE PURCHASE!!! LOL.

8 hours ago, 1LtCAP said:

of course this is all irrelevant if you don't get yourself pulled over.

That is very true sir.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, capt14k said:

Free State Purchases in order:

M1 Carbine
Suppressor
Full Auto Anything

Great suggestions. Not sure I'll buy anything fully auto.

14 hours ago, capt14k said:

What did you spend on Utah? I spent $60 + the cost of the License. I also got Florida for the cost of the License + passport pictures at Walgreens (IIRC $6). Utah covers states NH does not. Florida covers states neither Utah or NH cover including Florida.

For Utah, you have to take their Utah specific class, I don't remember what I paid for this, somewhere around 100 for everything . I already had FL

For Utah, you have to take their Utah specific class, I don't remember what I paid for this, somewhere around 100 for everything . I already had FL
Yes that was the $60 I paid for the Utah class which came with free food, free fingerprints, and application for Florida. Sent Utah in and got it right away. Went to Walgreens got passport photos, went to local PD got Florida prints, sent in application with NJ Hunting License and got Florida in about a month.

I have had my New Hampshire permit about 6 months and feel like i got my money's worth out of it already.  I remember when they raised the price from $25 to $100, but now that I'm living in new jersey it is worth it for me.

I'm considering a Florida permit because i think i may be making a Florida trip in the few years.

• Like 1

New Jerseyan's be like; "I justify my living in New Jersey because with my NH, UT, FL permits I can carry in so many other states, provided I go there. Can't wait to go visit them all!"

Priceless. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Parker said:

New Jerseyan's be like; "I justify my living in New Jersey because with my NH, UT, FL permits I can carry in so many other states, provided I go there. Can't wait to go visit them all!"

Priceless. 

I've carried in PA, FL, TX, IN, KS and VT... 

9 hours ago, father-of-three said:

I have had my New Hampshire permit about 6 months and feel like i got my money's worth out of it already.  I remember when they raised the price from $25 to $100, but now that I'm living in new jersey it is worth it for me.

I'm considering a Florida permit because i think i may be making a Florida trip in the few years.

Go for the Florida permit for sure. I have both NH and FL CCWs and I am covered now in PA and DE where I travel very often and I do carry when there! Hopefully by some miracle, we get National Reciprocity passed and we can all stop thinking about this shit!

• Like 1

Priceless. 
I definitely don't feel that way. I am halfway gone. My other half is a Jersey Girl and doesn't want to leave. If these laws pass I predict us remaining married but living in separate homes. I have my CCW licenses so I can legally exercise my Second Amendment Rights in 80% of the states.