stuckinNJ

I have 2 permits in hand. What handguns should I get before we go down to 10 rounds?

36 minutes ago, Pizza Bob said:

Don't pay any attention to Ray Ray - Steyr magazines are made by MecGar in Italy. They make or have made OE mags for the likes of Sig Sauer, Beretta, Walther and many others. They are excellent magazines.

As for the gun - great ergonomics and love 'em or hate 'em trapezoidal sights. It is one of only two pieces of "tactical Tupperware" that I own.

a3h09j.jpg

Make sure that you get the newest version - it has a pin through the slide under the rear sight. They also had some extractor problems, but I would hope that has been solved by now. I had to change mine - Steyr just sent me a new extractor and the gun ran flawlessly after installation.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

UMMM  @Pizza Bob....That doesn't look like a revolver..you sure that's yours?....:scratchhead:   
 :lol::lol::lol:

1 hour ago, Bighungry618 said:

UMMM  @Pizza Bob....That doesn't look like a revolver..you sure that's yours?....:scratchhead:   
 :lol::lol::lol:

Just like Quigley, I just said I didn't like them. Didn't say I don't know how to use them.

2 hours ago, Pizza Bob said:

Don't pay any attention to Ray Ray - Steyr magazines are made by MecGar in Italy. They make or have made OE mags for the likes of Sig Sauer, Beretta, Walther and many others. They are excellent magazines.

As for the gun - great ergonomics and love 'em or hate 'em trapezoidal sights. It is one of only two pieces of "tactical Tupperware" that I own.

a3h09j.jpg

Make sure that you get the newest version - it has a pin through the slide under the rear sight. They also had some extractor problems, but I would hope that has been solved by now. I had to change mine - Steyr just sent me a new extractor and the gun ran flawlessly after installation.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

10 round magazines kill the deal.  Mind as well buy a Glock 17.

10 minutes ago, Ray Ray said:

10 round magazines kill the deal.  Mind as well buy a Glock 17.

Funny, I have five fifteen round mags, and, not that it does us much good here in the land of Murphy, but there were 17 round, as well as 10 round mags available.

8 minutes ago, TokenEntry said:

Will you actually be stuck in NJ for the remainder of your life? If not, don't let this affect your handgun purchase. You can always buy the standard magazines, 10+ round capacity, when you move to a more gun friendly state.

Regards,

TokenEntry

Well tbh I’ve been thinking about Miami, but with all the gun control bills passing the FL senate, I’m not so sure...

1 hour ago, stuckinNJ said:

Well tbh I’ve been thinking about Miami, but with all the gun control bills passing the FL senate, I’m not so sure...

That is unfortunate. Who would have thought that the state of FL that issues to their residents as well as out of state residents CCW, would be passing gun control laws. I'm sure there are other states you can move to depending on what field you're in. I'd like to move to Texas because of the IT industry there. Hopefully this will happen in the next 3-4 years.

Regards,

TokenEntry

35 minutes ago, TokenEntry said:

That is unfortunate. Who would have thought that the state of FL that issues to their residents as well as out of state residents CCW, would be passing gun control laws. I'm sure there are other states you can move to depending on what field you're in. I'd like to move to Texas because of the IT industry there. Hopefully this will happen in the next 3-4 years.

Regards,

TokenEntry

Unfortunately it seems there was a massive democratic turnout today in their senate primaries. Dallas was my other choice as well. Sorta painful to watch.

7 hours ago, Pizza Bob said:

Funny, I have five fifteen round mags, and, not that it does us much good here in the land of Murphy, but there were 17 round, as well as 10 round mags available.

How did you get 15 rounders?  They only make 10 and 17?

8 hours ago, Ray Ray said:

How did you get 15 rounders?  They only make 10 and 17?

The 15 rounders have been discontinued, but there are still some out there if you look hard enough. I believe I got mine from Robertson's Trading Post.