bmd11

Hello from Mercer County

Hello all, 

I'm a new member from Mercer County. I started shooting in Boy Scouts about 15 years ago, and I've had my NJ FID for about 5 years. My preference in guns is pretty broad, as long as they are interesting, weird, historical, or just fun to shoot. My collection includes things like a Colt 1903 Pocket Hammerless, a Soviet Tokarev TT-33, a Benelli Nova, and a Mosin-Nagant, among some others. All very different, all a blast to shoot. 

I'm more interested in the mechanics, aesthetics, and history of guns and shooting than personal defense or competitive shooting. I love learning about how the parts were manufactured, field-stripping them after going to the range and learning about them through that process, researching obscure (and not-so-obscure) models that I stumble across. I've also recently gotten into reloading for many of the same reasons - plus, I like weird, expensive, hard-to-find calibers, so making my own helps with that. 

I generally shoot at Range 14 at Ft. Dix, and sometimes go to Ready, Aim, Fire in Bristol PA. I also have a friend who is a member at CRRC in Princeton Junction, so occasionally I'll go there with him. 

I'm looking forward to learning a lot from this community! 

Welcome from another Mercerite. We sometimes have social get togethers at Starbucks on Rt 31 south of the circle. Watch the forum - Spring is coming.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

• Like 1