samtechlan

Cabela's has Aguila minishells in stock

1 hour ago, samtechlan said:

Yes I ordered and had no issues.  Free shipping with the coupon too.

Only issue now is that they charge sales tax now (because they have a store here aka Bass Pro Shop in AC).

25 minutes ago, DaddyNick said:

Interesting. Has anybody used these for hunting?  A Definite neat factor but wonder how practical they are. 

Nick

I think mini shells are best used in home defense and possibly shtf if you literally run for the hills.  I would not use them for hunting when there are better alternatives.

48 minutes ago, Scorpio64 said:

I think mini shells are best used in home defense and possibly shtf if you literally run for the hills.  I would not use them for hunting when there are better alternatives.

I agree. Just curious. I personally would not even use them for self defense. I want as much power/energy as I can shoot. 

Just now, DaddyNick said:

I agree. Just curious. I personally would not even use them for self defense. I want as much power/energy as I can shoot. 

I have no doubt, that inside 10 yards, double aught buck mini shells will get the job done.

I have to correct myself.  Aguila mini buck is not 00.  It is seven pellets of #4 buck and four pellets of #1 buck.  Still an effective home defense shell.  I have seen what a 7gr .177 pellet traveling at 800fps can do at 30 feet.  The mini shell load traveling at 1,200fps can only be better.

I gotta be be honest, I really see this ammo as a gimmick.  Yeah, it's still 00 Buck and slugs.  Yeah, it will make a mess of human flesh.  But, it needs the adaptor to be reliable.  

My opinion has changed since shooting my Shockwave.  Low recoil or standard pressure 00 Buck is totally doable.

8 minutes ago, Ray Ray said:

I gotta be be honest, I really see this ammo as a gimmick.  Yeah, it's still 00 Buck and slugs.  Yeah, it will make a mess of human flesh.  But, it needs the adaptor to be reliable.  

My opinion has changed since shooting my Shockwave.  Low recoil or standard pressure 00 Buck is totally doable.

I don't use the mini-buck, but I use the mini-slugs and bird shot in my KSG (and single-shot in a Browning A5).

I mainly use them for my wife and kids to get them used to shooting a shotgun.

Shooting clays is more fun for them when they don't have to worry about recoil.  Same for punching paper with mini-slugs.

Like most others they are not in the rotation for self-defense rounds...

I picked up a couple of boxes, I also picked up a OPSol mini clip adapter.    jic
I was going to ask about that adapter. Is it required with the mini shells? It's cheap, so buying it isn't a big deal, but I'm wondering what is the advantage of it. Is it specifically for a Mossberg? Are other shotguns not able to shoot these mini shells?

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Indianajonze said:

I was going to ask about that adapter. Is it required with the mini shells?

Pretty much.  The shells are too short to feed reliably.  Keeps 'em from flipping around.

OpSol makes a rem and mossbeg version that fits several guns because they use the same action.

• Like 1

Pretty much.  The shells are too short to feed reliably.  Keeps 'em from flipping around.
Ah thanks. Seems like it would work in any shotgun, but then why on their site do they only mention Mossberg? Would it work in a Remington 870?

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Indianajonze said:

Seems like it would work in any shotgun, but then why on their site do they only mention Mossberg? Would it work in a Remington 870?

I thought OPSol made two versions but it looks like there is officially just the Mossberg version which works in these models.

Allows use of 12ga 1.75” Birdshot, Buckshot, and Slug shells  Fits: 12ga Mossberg 500, 590 (Shockwave), 590A1, and Maverick 88 models

8 hours ago, Indianajonze said:

ok so i emailed opsol. for anyone wondering, this device is exclusively for the mossbergs and the maverick 88. won't work on the 870 or any other shotgun. 

I thought so.  The lifter on the 870 does not have a gap like a 500/590A1.