stuckinNJ

Looks like we’ve lost Florida. CS/SB 7026 has passed

We need to affect the primaries, always vote “R” in the general. The dems always pull the D lever whether they like or not. Unless we start doing the same, always pull the R, then we will become extinct. This is why they cave, the R cannot always count on the R voter. 

6 minutes ago, JohnnyB said:

I think this one was a step too far by stripping 18 to 21 year old citizens of the 2A rights! I think SCOTUS will have to hear this one if a lower federal court does not act to stop it!

It goes to the definition of “ people “

if individuals become “ the people “ at 21 then it needs to be across the board. Driving, drinking, draft, smoking, voting etc..

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zeke said:

It goes to the definition of “ people “

if individuals become “ the people “ at 21 then it needs to be across the board. Driving, drinking, draft, smoking, voting etc..

Voting at 21? Might be a fair trade. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, ChrisJM981 said:

Voting at 21? Might be a fair trade. 

I do not feel it’s appropriate you can die for our country, and not have a beer, or a smoke. And if you can’t make adult choices on smoking and drinking, you cannot make adult choices on voting or marriage. Pick an age, and deal with it across the board.

• Like 3

Well,  Scott's current term doesn't end until Jan. 2019.  So, unless he resigns the Gov's office, he won't be a US Sen. candidate in 2018.  I therefore wonder when he will be running...

This is exactly the time he would be running. His term ends Jan 2019 and new Senate term begins Jan 2019. I believe it is set that Scott is looking to run for Nelson’s seat. Hopefully he can be defeated in the primary.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

40 minutes ago, capt14k said:

This is exactly the time he would be running. His term ends Jan 2019 and new Senate term begins Jan 2019. I believe it is set that Scott is looking to run for Nelson’s seat. Hopefully he can be defeated in the primary.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Correct.  I was not sure that he could run while still in office as Gov, but, apparently, he can. Although, if he gets that far (and that's a huge "if"), he might have to resign the governorship in early Jan. 2019, if the US Senate is sworn in before the FL Gov. Elect is.  

But the betting is he won't make it past the primaries.  Not if the FL 2A community has anything to say about it.

hmm. i guess the nra thinks florida is more worthy of defense than nj. federal lawsuit filed one hour after scott signs the bill...

https://www.tallahassee.com/story/news/2018/03/09/nra-sues-florida-over-gun-bill-same-day-gov-scott-signed-law/412365002/

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, voyager9 said:

So you can enlist in the military and sent to die but can’t vote in the election for those that sent you there?  Doesn’t seem fair. 

Very true. A better idea would be to raise the age that SSRIs can be prescribed at. 

2 hours ago, Indianajonze said:

hmm. i guess the nra thinks florida is more worthy of defense than nj. federal lawsuit filed one hour after scott signs the bill...

https://www.tallahassee.com/story/news/2018/03/09/nra-sues-florida-over-gun-bill-same-day-gov-scott-signed-law/412365002/

Florida has Marion Hammer... the first female NRA president as well as other support orgs like Florida Carry, inc. 

6 hours ago, 1LtCAP said:

even better would be to stop prescribing those fucking things.

And certainly prescribing them for conditions *other* than psychological.  Some doctors are prescribing certain psychotropics as "sleep aids" instead of Ambien (Zolpidem) or Benzo's.  One would surely not want one of those on their prescription record...  :nono:

Might just be me, but I'm kinda thinking that the Gov signed this bill knowing it wont pass Constitutional muster.  He gets credit for doing something and in the end it gets knocked down anyways?  NRA filed suit within an hour of his signing it so they must think its a slam dunk.  Win/win politically?

Just now, WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot said:

If handguns are already forbidden for under 21, why wouldn’t forbidding semi rifles also pass constitutional muster?

For exactly that reason. When the age for handguns was increased the court could say “but they can still get rifles” so it’s not unconstitutional.  Now every firearm in FL is 21+ and that logic no longer holds. 

For exactly that reason. When the age for handguns was increased the court could say “but they can still get rifles” so it’s not unconstitutional.  Now every firearm in FL is 21+ and that logic no longer holds. 

But couldn’t the Court just say they can still get shotguns or bolt action rifles to satisfy their 2A rights?

26 minutes ago, Donobieus said:

Might just be me, but I'm kinda thinking that the Gov signed this bill knowing it wont pass Constitutional muster.  He gets credit for doing something and in the end it gets knocked down anyways?  NRA filed suit within an hour of his signing it so they must think its a slam dunk.  Win/win politically?

Perhaps, but it's a risky move.  I can't begin to tell you how much he's pi$$ed off the pro-2A population in FL. They're already organizing to ensure his political future ends with his present position.  Him and all the other RINOs that went turncoat on us.

• Like 1

Let me explain something to you 4d chess apologists. These guys aren't that smart...

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot said:

But couldn’t the Court just say they can still get shotguns or bolt action rifles to satisfy their 2A rights?

The way I read the bill that passed, NO firearms under 21. What did you see that tells you they can still get shotguns or bolt action rifles? LEOs and active duty military are exempt from the restriction but I see no differentiation between semi-autos and rifles and shotguns.