stuckinNJ

Looks like we’ve lost Florida. CS/SB 7026 has passed

Big changes coming from this:

*Bump-stock/binary trigger ban

*Now required to be 21 to purchase any firearm from an FFL

*3 day waiting period on all firearms, except when a CWL holder or has a hunter safety course for rifles or shotguns

*If proven to be a danger to themselves or others, can be ordered by a court to have all firearms and ammunition confiscated. All must be returned within 72 hours of the orders being rescinded

*Certain school employees after passing psych eval and additional training on top of CWL can carry a firearm in the classroom, program must be adopted at the county level

Link to Bill: www.flsenate.gov/Session/Bill/2018/07026/?Tab=Analyses

1 hour ago, JohnnyB said:

So "Ordered Enrolled" means it now goes to the Governor. Will he sign it into law?

I think the Governor will sign it, he proposed all of the items in the bill! 

Florida has a ot of military bases, I hope the NRA immediately finds a couple 18 or 19 year old active duty or reservist, has them try to purchase a .22 rifle, get turned down and sue to get the purchase age returned to 18! 

3 minutes ago, pasu0115 said:

I think the Governor will sign it, he proposed all of the items in the bill! 

Maybe he won't sign it..

..."The Florida Senate narrowly passed the bill Monday. Gov. Rick Scott declined to say Wednesday whether he would sign the legislation.

Scott has repeatedly said he doesn't support arming teachers and pushed lawmakers adopt his proposal, which called for at least one law enforcement officer in every school and one for every thousand students who attend a school.

"I'm going to take the time and I'm going to read the bill and I'm going to talk to families," Scott told reporters.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/03/07/florida-house-passes-new-gun-restrictions-against-nra-wishes.html

i thought everyone was saying these would never get out of the legislature?

This is one I hate to say I was right about. I didn't think it would pass this year and certainly not by the margin it did in the House. However I saw it coming. If Scott signs it there goes a pickup in the Senate.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

43 minutes ago, Alex V said:

If he doesn't sign it it becomes law in 15 days on its own.  He needs to VETO it. 

That's because the legislature is about to adjourn.  If they weren't, then he'd have 5 days from the day it's presented to him for signature (which was today).  He must veto if he doesn't want it to go through. As stated earlier, there are two provisions he doesn't like ( 1) - the arming of teachers; and 2) Raising the age to 21).   But the thinking down here is that those aren't enough to get him to veto it fully. 

We think he'll sign it. :facepalm:

he won't sign is my prediction. and if he does, who cares, fk florida. we have our own problems here in sunny nj
That attitude is the same free states have towards us in NJ. Who cares it's NJ. As Americans we should all care about the restriction of Second Amendment Rights on other Americans no matter what state it is in. For one the disease that is Liberalism spreads. Two if we don't care about those in other states no one will ever care about this little liberal hellhole we live in.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, capt14k said:

That attitude is the same free states have towards us in NJ. Who cares it's NJ. As Americans we should all care about the restriction of Second Amendment Rights on other Americans no matter what state it is in. For one the disease that is Liberalism spreads. Two if we don't care about those in other states no one will ever care about this little liberal hellhole we live in.

yeah but you see we were the host / carrier of this disease. when we were very ill we were banging on the door BEGGING for help. we were spit on and sent away with no help in sight. they used us as a poster child for what could happen. now they are infected, and i say good, fk em. they (and other states too - cautionary tale) should have paid more attention to the barbarians at the gate when they had a chance. now you have things like supermajority gop senates passing gun control laws in a red state like florida. btw i think even if this is signed, florida is getting off easy. take a look at what they're doing in maryland

18 minutes ago, Indianajonze said:

yeah but you see we were the host / carrier of this disease. when we were very ill we were banging on the door BEGGING for help. we were spit on and sent away with no help in sight. they used us as a poster child for what could happen. now they are infected, and i say good, fk em. they (and other states too - cautionary tale) should have paid more attention to the barbarians at the gate when they had a chance. now you have things like supermajority gop senates passing gun control laws in a red state like florida. btw i think even if this is signed, florida is getting off easy. take a look at what they're doing in maryland

Put in simple terms the USA is a body of citizens. Cancer is bad for the body no matter where it starts, it spreads from there. The cancer in this case is the spread by the erosion of our 2A rights. So the PRNJ and Maryland as well as other spots in the body are cancerous.....We should then be happy when it further metastasizes to Florida? I think NOT! Our goal is TOTAL remission and nothing less will save the 2nd Amendment as we know it!

i'm with you guys and agree completely with everything you're saying, but this was done with gop senate, gop house and gop governor. so yeah, fk florida. vote them out

btw...the fact that scott is running for senate and is trailing makes me think he'll veto. i guess it depends how much support from the 2a community he can expect to receive by torpedoing the bill

My home in Florida will be finished in a few more months. I've been active on the Florida Conceal carry forum.  From what I've read most feel he's going to sign it. They also feel his political career is over.  He's running for Senate and he will never win now. It sends a good message.  Also if you have a Florida CWFL the 3 day wait is waved.  I feel Florida is still better than NJ 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WP22 said:

And there goes a potential senate seat pick up.

I have to agree. The best thing is NOT to vote or him now. Stick with the democrat.  We know what he is. Scott stabbed us in the back.  He'll do it again.  Send a message.  He barely won as governor.  Without the pro 2nd amendment vote no way will he win. 

4 minutes ago, EX Carnival man said:

I have to agree. The best thing is NOT to vote or him now. Stick with the democrat.  We know what he is. Scott stabbed us in the back.  He'll do it again.  Send a message.  He barely won as governor.  Without the pro 2nd amendment vote no way will he win. 

August 28 is the primary.. primary him out. Not dem in.. jeebus 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Zeke said:

He primaried? I don’t follow fl political. More concerned with where I am.

He was hoping to run against Dem. Sen. Bill Nelson and take his seat.    Unlikely he'll get it, now.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zeke said:

No primary choices?

We're not sure yet who would be running against him in the primaries. This will happen in 2019 after he leaves the gov's office.

No one has stepped up yet, that I know of.  Right now, our focus will be on trying to get the RINO legislators out via this year's primaries, and attempting to get either Adam Putnam or Ron DeSantis elected Governor. But, seriously, I bet when the primaries are over, it will be Scott against Nelson... unless we get a dark horse to run.  We'll see. 

9 minutes ago, HBecwithFn7 said:

We're not sure yet who would be running against him in the primaries. This will happen in 2019 after he leaves the gov's office.

No one has stepped up yet, that I know of.  Right now, our focus will be on trying to get the RINO legislators out via this year's primaries, and attempting to get either Adam Putnam or Ron DeSantis elected Governor. But, seriously, I bet when the primaries are over, it will be Scott against Nelson... unless we get a dark horse to run.  We'll see. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Senate_election_in_Florida,_2018

cmon Guy 2018 is midterms...

Just now, Zeke said:

Well,  Scott's current term doesn't end until Jan. 2019.  So, unless he resigns the Gov's office, he won't be a US Sen. candidate in 2018.  I therefore wonder when he will be running...

Just now, HBecwithFn7 said:

Well,  Scott's current term doesn't end until Jan. 2019.  So, unless he resigns the Gov's office, he won't be a US Sen. candidate in 2018.  I therefore wonder when he will be running...

You can run without resigning...

17 hours ago, TokenEntry said:

It's has already happened in Oregon. These gun control laws are being done on the state level.

Link - Dick's and Walmart being sued by 20 year old

Regards,

TokenEntry

This will go to the supreme court, and win.