MeanGene

NICS issues

lol i've used my allotment of the "wife's patience" for the time being.   I have a transfer coming in on Wed (And yes she knows about it lol)... after that I need to "take a breather" ...... until my next batch of P2P's come in anyway .. then im on the clock again.

• Like 2

On 3/12/2018 at 11:48 AM, Zeke said:

It’s when nobody is buying guns, I’ll be nervous. Post Sandy Hook.. 2 weeks back log!

27 days

On 3/12/2018 at 11:42 AM, MeanGene said:

I was told today by several FFLs that there’s a surge in panicky buyers that’s also slowing things down.

it was an uptick combined with snow storms that closed nics along with short staffing.

On 3/12/2018 at 0:14 PM, Lakota said:

And now the backlog is no longer listed on the NICS site.... so maybe it was just a backlog of sundays purchases, which of course need to wait until monday to be process.

Go run to a store right now and buy something.. see if if you have wait until tomorrow or your de facto three days.  If you do, then you can complain.

Nics is still running one full day behind.

4 minutes ago, remixer said:

Simple answer is NO it would be instant instead of instantish

that's pretty much what i thought. now all we gotta do is figure out how to get the state pd outta that equation. they've got better things to be doing with their time/money than interfering with the free business of nj's citizens.

Just now, 1LtCAP said:

that's pretty much what i thought. now all we gotta do is figure out how to get the state pd outta that equation. they've got better things to be doing with their time/money than interfering with the free business of nj's citizens.

I personally think NJ will never give up that revenue or control.

On 3/12/2018 at 2:11 PM, fatty said:

I wish my wife got into it so I can more easily justify a bigger safe

On 3/12/2018 at 3:17 PM, Lakota said:

Same here.. I have yet to get her to even hold an unloaded firearm in her hands let alone actually shoot one.

I have the same issue, she's held one, but has zero interest to go to the range. She says I can enjoy my hobby without her being involved. When she see the UPS guys coming up the driveway, looking like he's getting a hernia, she just shakes her head and walks away.

But, I bought her a present, her own crossbow, you would think she'd be appreciative.... she just says she thinks I need my head examined...

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Sniper22 said:

I have the same issue, she's held one, but has zero interest to go to the range. She says I can enjoy my hobby without her being involved. When she see the UPS guys coming up the driveway, looking like he's getting a hernia, she just shakes her head and walks away.

But, I bought her a present, her own crossbow, you would think she'd be appreciative.... she just says she thinks I need my head examined...

lol

3 hours ago, remixer said:

I personally think NJ will never give up that revenue or control.

i guess the only way to force it would be to eliminate that option all together?

31 minutes ago, Sniper22 said:

friend of mine went out and bought himself an srt10 pickup. ended up buying a new house that his wife liked. he just bought a hellcat recently. that cost him a brand new gmc pickup for his wife. she doesn't demand/ask for it to the best of my knowledge....he does it because he wants to.

On 3/11/2018 at 7:46 PM, Indianajonze said:

So basically NJ figured out a way to do an end around the laws and institute a de-facto 3 day waiting period for all gun purchases. Why are none of the gun groups suing over this nonsense?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

The lawsuit suggestion aside, I do agree that the state run Nics process could easily become a means for the Murphy run state to further delay and frustrate those seeking to exercise their right of firearms ownership.  The memory of my 7 day NICS wait in 2013/2014 for my shotgun purchase comes to mind.  I do not believe any FFL would take the chance of releasing a firearm before receiving an explicit NICS approval.  Lastly as others have said, the state will never give up their control over this process.  I assume it is also the means by which they track and enforce OGAM.

7 minutes ago, oldguysrule649 said:

The lawsuit suggestion aside, I do agree that the state run Nics process could easily become a means for the Murphy run state to further delay and frustrate those seeking to exercise their right of firearms ownership.  The memory of my 7 day NICS wait in 2013/2014 for my shotgun purchase comes to mind.  I do not believe any FFL would take the chance of releasing a firearm before receiving an explicit NICS approval.  Lastly as others have said, the state will never give up their control over this process.  I assume it is also the means by which they track and enforce OGAM.

Problem is when nics is backlogged they dont process it at all.. The 3 day wait for nics or release the gun starts when it is processed... 

14 minutes ago, remixer said:

Problem is when nics is backlogged they dont process it at all.. The 3 day wait for nics or release the gun starts when it is processed... 

oohh...i didn't know that. i thought it started from when the ffl submitted the forms.........

8 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

oohh...i didn't know that. i thought it started from when the ffl submitted the forms.........

Nope... it starts when you have a submission number which does not get issued until you are reviewed.

also NJ giving up control means  No more checks on 30 day rule , No more denial for wrong address or suspended Lic

BTW at 12:25 today i got back nics from 6:30pm last night so they are making headway but very slow

NJ will never give it up because it's $35 in their pocket every time someone buys a handgun and $15 for every long gun purchase, which is fine but they can get rid of the human element of it like PICS. PICS is all automated but if there is a discrepancy it's directed to an operator who then determines the approval.

4 minutes ago, JR88USMC said:

NJ will never give it up because it's $35 in their pocket every time someone buys a handgun and $15 for every long gun purchase, which is fine but they can get rid of the human element of it like PICS. PICS is all automated but if there is a discrepancy it's directed to an operator who then determines the approval.

It’s actually very surprising how more advanced pensyltucky is with the gubment stuff. My pa HIC took 5 min online. N.J.. 6 months in mail back and fourth.

New Jersey will never change anything that means making things less of a hassle for law abiding citizens to get a gun, or to make anything easier for law abiding citizens. 

This is one of the many reasons Cabela's will never open up in New Jersey, I'm sure you've been to the one in Hanover but if not, they have an entire area for firearms check outs, PICS takes 10 minutes if you don't have any discrepancies 

35 for a handgun?

Nics is 15 bucks regardless of the type of gun or how many you buy in a single transaction