124gr9mm

Ibejiheads coated bullets in NJ

I've been curious about coated bullets for a while so I've been searching the web and forums for reviews on good brands to try.  To my (pleasant) surprise I found that Ibejiheads coated bullets received lots of positive reviews from different places and they're manufactured in Belleville NJ.  I called the contact number on their website and spoke with Alex the owner about ordering some 9mm and .45 acp bullets.  They don't operate a retail space, but since Belleville is close to where I work he arranged for me to pick the bullets up from the warehouse.

Both Alex and the guy I met at the warehouse are really nice and the transaction was fantastic.

I only got 500 of each to test the water with coated bullets, so I'll let you know how they work for me.

Glad to be able to support a local business.

Lots of us competitive shooters use them. They are excellent and competitively priced. I've been using them for years!. Now it's time for you to buy a case of each . [emoji4]

I've found that you can get your goal velocity with less powder, so you'll also save money on that.

I'm really looking forward to trying them.

1,000 bullets is a really small order, but Alex treated me like I was a frequent customer.

Prices are very good even if they're shipped, but being located within driving distance is a great benefit.

I found loading them nets about 50 FPS faster than standard bullets with same powder charge. so I have reduced my powder charge by 2 or 3 grains to meet my needs.  using an alpha master chronograph. 

EDIT: You will also find the bore your gun amazingly clean after shooting, all I get is powder burn on muzzle.

Went to the range last night (and saw a forum member there) to test out some loads in .45.

I only went through about 50 rounds, but there were zero issues loading, ejecting, no more smoke than usual, and no extra dirt/stuff in the barrel.

No issues loading them either.  I had to pull a few after setting up the sizing and crimp dies and I didn't see any chipping or flaking from the coating.

I'll try to load a bunch of 9mm this weekend and put them through my Glock.

Very happy so far.

1 hour ago, kotkot said:

How safe are those to handle?  I’ve been using Montana gold because they are fully plated and lead safe to store and handle. 

There isn't any exposed lead, it's completely covered in their coating. I've never noticed any of the coating rubbing off into my hands while hand loading. Regardless. Wash your hands after reloading. 

Or buy a Mr. Bullet feeder and never pickup bullets while reloading again. 

I have used them also and they work great.  I stopped using plated heads, don't like the "soft centers", prefer the coated hard cast.  Fast burning powders and coated heads leave you with an amazingly cleaner barrel and great ballistics.  

• Like 1