Zeke

Snow... part Tres?

20 minutes ago, deerpark said:

Somehow we still have power but the outage map aint lookin so great.

Thousands of people without power. 

https://www.atlanticcityelectric.com/Outages/CheckOutageStatus/Pages/ViewOutageMap.aspx

Wow! Lucky me....My area is in a 3 way tie with the record 8 inches so far for this stupid storm!:(

Just now, Scorpio64 said:

We got 3" of slush and 7" of wet snow on top of that.  Keeps clogging the snowblower. Grrrr.

I'm not 100% but I may have killed my snowblower trying to get it to clear this stuff.  Slush slugs got clogged in the chute a couple times... I got the majority of my driveway done but then I let the snowblower just sit and idle to run out of gas... then saw some oil on the ground where I left it... 

Yep, this snow is a blower-choker.  Tried taking 1/2 bites and then 1/4 bites and still had to push like hell to get the blower moving forward - wheels just spun in place.  After spending 30 minutes just trying to get a pass done down the driveway I realized shoveling was going to go faster and put the blower away.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DirtyDigz said:

Yep, this snow is a blower-choker.  Tried taking 1/2 bites and then 1/4 bites and still had to push like hell to get the blower moving forward - wheels just spun in place.  After spending 30 minutes just trying to get a pass done down the driveway I realized shoveling was going to go faster and put the blower away.

Not good blower snow 

13 minutes ago, Krdshrk said:

I'm not 100% but I may have killed my snowblower trying to get it to clear this stuff.  Slush slugs got clogged in the chute a couple times... I got the majority of my driveway done but then I let the snowblower just sit and idle to run out of gas... then saw some oil on the ground where I left it... 

How much oil?