Zeke

Snow... part Tres?

A tree fell onto my moms Audi. Fortunately no damage, just the tip of the branches were resting on her convertible top lol...
Just cut it up and dropped the rest of the tree which was now ridiculously unsteady and unsafe. Have tons of cleanup left though, cutting it all up into bits and what not.. hopefully they have brush pick up and i dont have to haul everything to the recycle center.

Just now, Lambo2936 said:

A tree fell onto my moms Audi. Fortunately no damage, just the tip of the branches were resting on her convertible top lol...
Just cut it up and dropped the rest of the tree which was now ridiculously unsteady and unsafe. Have tons of cleanup left though, cutting it all up into bits and what not.. hopefully they have brush pick up and i dont have to haul everything to the recycle center.

Power?

took me 7 hours to get home from work on wednesday night. To add more insult to injury, i'm driving home from Wawa in bridgewater at 1030 pm. Hit a pothole on Chimney Rock road and got a flat tire. This winter needs to end.

1 hour ago, High Exposure said:

Noooooooooo!

I am driving back from St Augustine Sunday night in a Monday. I have to work Tuesday morning.

According to my man DZ at 101.5. 3 possibilities; nuffin, 1-2”, snowzilla...kinda narrows it down

33 minutes ago, Krdshrk said:

14" of super heavy snow last time...If we get more I hope it's a lot lighter - I nearly killed my snowblower...  and it's a 2 stage Ariens.

Ariens good stuff! Not good blower snow last one.

7 minutes ago, JR88USMC said:

took me 7 hours to get home from work on wednesday night. To add more insult to injury, i'm driving home from Wawa in bridgewater at 1030 pm. Hit a pothole on Chimney Rock road and got a flat tire. This winter needs to end.

Milk eggs bread at wawa?

46 minutes ago, JR88USMC said:

Where on Chimney rock?  Up by the reservoir?  They just recently redid the area by 22...

I'm right down the street from the Wawa, which is awesome.

• Like 1

Lost power around 2pm Wednesday. Wouldn’t be a big deal but with three kids and no heat I was a little concerned. Was making plans when we got power back around 8am Thursday. Other than that no real problems.  Snow was so wet that the snowblower could only toss it 5 feet or so. Had to do the end of the driveway by hand. 

6 minutes ago, voyager9 said:

Lost power around 2pm Wednesday. Wouldn’t be a big deal but with three kids and no heat I was a little concerned. Was making plans when we got power back around 8am Thursday. Other than that no real problems.  Snow was so wet that the snowblower could only toss it 5 feet or so. Had to do the end of the driveway by hand. 

No genny?

2 minutes ago, Zeke said:

No genny?

No genny. This was the first time in 11 years that we’ve lost power for more than an hour or two.   On my list now, especially since we might be getting the electrical box redone as part of the kitchen renovation. 

I did lose the ATT wire from pole to house but we haven’t used it in years. Guess I’ve got to call ATT to get it repaired tho. 

1 minute ago, voyager9 said:

No genny. This was the first time in 11 years that we’ve lost power for more than an hour or two.   On my list now, especially since we might be getting the electrical box redone as part of the kitchen renovation. 

I did lose the ATT wire from pole to house but we haven’t used it in years. Guess I’ve got to call ATT to get it repaired tho. 

I wouldn’t... who cares.

get an interlock or transfer switch set up with new panel. You are kinda techfile, so either get pure sin genny, or buffer with abs you sensitive parts. But.. most new appliances have sensitive parts

3 hours ago, Krdshrk said:

Where on Chimney rock?  Up by the reservoir?  They just recently redid the area by 22...

I'm right down the street from the Wawa, which is awesome.

actually right after before you get to the 22 overpass coming from wawa. I felt a little clunk and didn't think anything of it. usually you feel it when you know you pop a tire. Then my steering wheel starting going all over the place as I was driving over 22.

What really sucks is I was planning on going to EFGA today and then i couldn't because I didn't get my tire fixed until 3 today.

5 hours ago, Zeke said:

Power?

Underground lines in our neighborhood. Only time we lose power is if the lines outside of the neighborhood, which are above ground, go down. Fortunately, that didn't happen. 

• Like 2

We got almost 2 ‘ of heavy snow. I had to take a lot more passes with the blower to get it all clean. Lost power for a few hours, and we are lucky.  A lot of people in town still don’t have power.  I hooked the genny up about 20 mins into the outage.

6 hours ago, Krdshrk said:

14" of super heavy snow last time...If we get more I hope it's a lot lighter - I nearly killed my snowblower...  and it's a 2 stage Ariens.

This storm was real quirky. I'm down by the river in Bridgewater and we got maybe 4-6 inches. I expected to loose power but never did. Lots of branches down all over. 

2 hours ago, GunsnFreedom said:

We got almost 2 ‘ of heavy snow. I had to take a lot more passes with the blower to get it all clean. Lost power for a few hours, and we are lucky.  A lot of people in town still don’t have power.  I hooked the genny up about 20 mins into the outage.

My ariens professional 28" was throwing 2' of that wet snow 15-20'. Worth every damn penny. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Lambo2936 said:

she'd have been luckier had the tree totaled it. owdie........

1 hour ago, JackDaWack said:

My ariens professional 28" was throwing 2' of that wet snow 15-20'. Worth every damn penny. 

i love my ariens. i've got a troybuilt 24" at the shop......kept clogging the chute, and bogging. the ariens is a 28". no bogging, launching that crap clear across the street. :)

• Like 1