Zeke

Snow... part Tres?

Got to give my new  Ariens classic its first real test, passed with flying colors even w the smaller 208 engine. threw out he heavy snow  from the sidewalk covered with street plow burden higher than the chute no prob. What it does need however is some chains for traction.  Having said that the machine failed during the smaller snow last time. Was going along the driveway la de da and bang, clunk.....wtf! Stopped moving so I quickly shut it down and started smelling the burn. Took off the plastic cover which now had a big hole in it...and saw a broken burnt belt and the idler assembly, brackets etc all over the place. fuck!  Threw it on the truck , back to Home Depot where they said no prob, will get it taken care of. the tool rental dept has a mechanic and shop manned by older guys like me lol so we swapped life story's...turns out the factory didn't tighten down a bracket so bolts came out and the whole belt/pulley assembly busted loose. They fixed it up no cost of course and the mech assured me he lok tighted everything he could. they said its shocking how many new machines, not just snowblowers, break down. 

On 3/9/2018 at 2:19 PM, Krdshrk said:

14" of super heavy snow last time...If we get more I hope it's a lot lighter - I nearly killed my snowblower...  and it's a 2 stage Ariens.

Don't feel bad; I struggled with the plow.  It puked snow so hard and fast we got caught with our pants down, trying to play catch up.  With it being so wet and heavy we were almost doomed before we started.

If tonight/tomorrow happens let it not be a lot.  I'm really too beat to go out and do another 6+ hour shift plowing, even if it is $70/hr.

1 hour ago, sota said:

Don't feel bad; I struggled with the plow.  It puked snow so hard and fast we got caught with our pants down, trying to play catch up.  With it being so wet and heavy we were almost doomed before we started.

If tonight/tomorrow happens let it not be a lot.  I'm really too beat to go out and do another 6+ hour shift plowing, even if it is $70/hr.

try a 34 hour shift.

21 minutes ago, sota said:

you know there will be at least one more storm in April, right? :D

i suspect you're joking...but sadly you may be right. i seem to recall at least a couple winters like this one back in the 70's. including one in which we had significant snow in april.

On 3/9/2018 at 1:48 PM, High Exposure said:

Noooooooooo!

I am driving back from St Augustine Sunday night in a Monday. I have to work Tuesday morning.

It was originally going to start Saturday but we’re holding it off for you. No need to thanks us. 

8 hours ago, 1LtCAP said:

i suspect you're joking...but sadly you may be right. i seem to recall at least a couple winters like this one back in the 70's. including one in which we had significant snow in april.

sadly, i'm only somewhat joking; as was mentioned we HAVE had April snow storms in the past.