Redlines

Pistol permit change

Used to be if it was less then a year for your last permit you did not need to submit the mental health and SP background check, thus saving the money .Was informed today that that has changed. Detective told me that you will have to do the mental check every six months and criminal  check every year when you apply for permits. No more just applying every six months to avoid the other fees. Says this came down from the State Police.

Used to be if it was less then a year for your last permit you did not need to submit the mental health and SP background check, thus saving the money .Was informed today that that has changed. Detective told me that you will have to do the mental check every six months and criminal  check every year when you apply for permits. No more just applying every six months to avoid the other fees. Says this came down from the State Police.

That’s so the state can make more money off of our purchases.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never heard of this. Statute specifies that it be done every time and there have been no changes. Suspect your local PD was playing fast and loose with the process, possibly due to manpower resources and may have been caught.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

• Like 3

For the last couple of years, I've had to fill out an online form for the criminal background check and then provide the confirmation number on my application to NJSP.  I think the check cost $20 paid by CC.   They've never required that I be finger printed again.  They have an SBI # for me, they have my drivers license and social security card - guess that's adequate to establish my identity since my fingerprints are already enshrined in some folder somewhere. The mental health check is done by the trooper.

This is done every time.

Prior to the online form, both background checks were done by the trooper - every time.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, JohnnyB said:

I never had to do anything but pay 2 bucks a permit and fill out one form! Always got them in two to three weeks! What is this online thing? I got three permits about ten months ago.

https://www.njportal.com/njsp/criminalrecords/

Every time we go for p2p’s 

I never had to do anything but pay 2 bucks a permit and fill out one form! Always got them in two to three weeks! What is this online thing? I got three permits about ten months ago.

Here is the link I was sent. I am a retired police officer and my friend on the department where I live sent it to me
https://www.njportal.com/njsp/criminalrecords/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17 hours ago, Pizza Bob said:

Never heard of this. Statute specifies that it be done every time and there have been no changes. Suspect your local PD was playing fast and loose with the process, possibly due to manpower resources and may have been caught.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Same here.

In my town they have to be done each time you apply.