Sign in to follow this  
Indianajonze

Daniel Defense Unforced Error

looks like another PR stunt by Daniel Defense, I guess they weren't selling as many rifles anymore as they were. If you remember, in 2013 they made a commercial for the super bowl, paid for commercial time only for the NFL and Fox to deny their ad. They damn well knew a gun commercial wasn't going to air, but it caused enough buzz in the gun community for enough people to go out and buy their rifles. Looks like he's going for the feel good crowd and making themselves known as the "friendly gun company" that cares about people and convincing people to make Daniel Defense their first AR purchase.

I for one will never buy a Daniel Defense rifle. Is it nice? sure, but not $2200 nice. Especially when their CEO is trying to find ways to create attention to drive sales.

Why can't people just keep their mouths shut.  You can't say something stupid if you aren't talking.  Taking a controversial position and informing all of your customers is a dumb idea.  Be an activist or sell stuff but don't try to combine the two.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, maintenanceguy said:

Why can't people just keep their mouths shut.  You can't say something stupid if you aren't talking.  Taking a controversial position and informing all of your customers is a dumb idea.  Be an activist or sell stuff but don't try to combine the two.

Werd

All of my rifles have Geissele triggers and every rifle I’ll own in the future will too

On 3/9/2018 at 8:08 PM, Indianajonze said:

received this nice email from marty himself this evening. no idea whatsoever why he would jeopardize the anger of the community to push something he has no business pushing

9d98dde1-5d7a-4c99-a48e-6206d6647eb0.jpg

This has moved me. I'm going to cut my Daniel Defense AR's barrel in half.
On a serious note, this bill doesn't sound all that terrible, it just means that the idiots who failed to report shit would get in trouble rather than getting away with doing nothing when it results in a mass shooting...
Am i missing something here? I mean, at least based on this post.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, leahcim said:

At least he had listened to the feedback, reconsidered and modified how position, and had the character to admit he was wrong.

We all make errors

But we still know how he really feels.  Sort of like when Trump decides he's pro gun after all.

Or maybe he just didn't really understand the bill, and he got schooled.

People do make errors, change positions, or sometimes something sounds reasonable until you really understand it.

Maybe he is really an antifa liberal though ;-)