Stonecoldchavez

Remington 1100 barrel

Hello All-

Where is a good place to purchase a Remington 1100 2/3.4" barrel? Looking to pick one up go along with my current 1100 3" Magnum barrel. 

Edit *My 1100 would not cycle 2 3/4" shells even after changing the gas ring. *

Thanks,

Stone

So, it seems the 1100 really does require two different barrels to work with both 2 3/4" and 3".  The 2 3/4 bbl has two gas ports.  That's pretty interesting.  Never heard of that before.

Anyway.... Call CMO.  They have a decent stock of barrels.  Their price may not be fantastic though.

• Like 1

Yes - the 1100 magnum is designed to reliably cycle with strong 3" hunting loads.  It will fire - but not reliably cycle - light 2 3/4" target loads.  To do this, the 3" magnum barrels have 1 gas port; the 2 3/4 barrels have 2.  The magnum bolts are also a little heavier than the 'regular' 1100 bolts.

I've got one - a lefty 1100 magnum - and I've also got my eye out for a 2 3/4 barrel to shoot trap and 5-stand.  

1100 barrels show-up pretty regularly on ebay and gunbroker.

EDIT - I see scorpio already answered this....also, ebay currently has several listed:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=remington+1100+barrel&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR11.TRC1.A0.H0.TRS0&_nkw=remington+1100+barrel&_sacat=0

• Like 1

2 3/4 shells from a 3 inch 1100 barrel is asking for cycling issues. I have had several 1100s over the years, and while some of the 3" magnum barrels would cycle some 2 3/4" loads, it would not cycle all of them consistently.

As W2MC said, the difference is in the gas ports, the little holes drilled into the barrel ring.

• Like 1