Show off your Sigs!

I just got my first handgun yesterday, after 4 years of shooting strictly Carbine’s & AK’s, I went with the Sig P229

7dd19433b50a7f7c07649494d96b76a8.jpg

from what I understand, the Marine Corps will be adopting the P320 soon and MARSOC will be using the VP9SK

You can also come out to Easton! Last time i was there a guy from Bayonne was too. Felt bad for him he drove out all thag way and forgot ammo.

1 hour ago, bhunted said:

Nice....

Here is my Sig P229 Legion..

238a5d2241d041dca61ea7c0a25ee6f8.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

out of curiosity, what made you decide to go with the 229 Legion rather than a 226 legion? Legions are nice don't get me wrong, but I feel like a flashy gun like that is better off in full size form.

cNU640C.jpg

My P938 SAS... eventually will be getting it fully done in NP3 Plus, but want to get the round count a little higher before I do it.

I also have a German P228, but don’t think I have any pictures of it. It looks like a P228... got it after I interned with the NJSP, being everyone gave it such high praise. Want to get a P7M8 for the same reason.

out of curiosity, what made you decide to go with the 229 Legion rather than a 226 legion? Legions are nice don't get me wrong, but I feel like a flashy gun like that is better off in full size form.

Have the 226 as noted above. The size imho wasn’t worth getting another 226...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Makes sense, legions are very nice whether it's the 226 or the 229, I just can't justify spending that much money on a handgun.

Makes sense, legions are very nice whether it's the 226 or the 229, I just can't justify spending that much money on a handgun.

Everybody keeps saying that but they are not that much more than a regular one. Ya get enhanced Bruce Gray trigger, night sights and extra mag for a total if 3...
Add all that and you get a great deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everybody keeps saying that but they are not that much more than a regular one. Ya get enhanced Bruce Gray trigger, night sights and extra mag for a total if 3...

Don't forget the secret decoder pin

$1400 right? I paid $900 after all taxes and fees for my 229. That’s about as much as i’ll pay for a pistol, beyond that i’m getting into rifle pricing (my budget/preferences of course)

I do have a friend @ Sig who can get me 25% off any time I want and once a year I can use his 50% friends and family discount. I’m saving that for a 716DMR or M400 Elite

12 hours ago, Ray Ray said:

Not one P320 so far.

Funny you mention that.

Last year i was all set to get  P320 in 45ACP then the sh!t hit the fan for Sig and everyone pulled sales for a while.

So I got a Walther PPQ 45 instead. ($100 rebate also helped)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JR88USMC said:

$1400 right? I paid $900 after all taxes and fees for my 229. That’s about as much as i’ll pay for a pistol, beyond that i’m getting into rifle pricing (my budget/preferences of course)

I do have a friend @ Sig who can get me 25% off any time I want and once a year I can use his 50% friends and family discount. I’m saving that for a 716DMR or M400 Elite

You get the extra mag, tuned trigger and night sights?

Here ya go.... Brand new.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/752645580

That’s a pretty good price. I got my 229 as a carry gun bc I do have to carry at work, so the 229 compact suits my needs.

Maybe in the future if I apply for another P2P I’ll get the 226 Legion, use my buddy’s 50% off

That’s a pretty good price. I got my 229 as a carry gun bc I do have to carry at work, so the 229 compact suits my needs.

Maybe in the future if I apply for another P2P I’ll get the 226 Legion, use my buddy’s 50% off

Cool. The only point is the prices are average for that type of weapon. They were high in the beginning but thats the way it is with new products. In any event, break down the cost of a trigger job, night sights and extra mags these days and add them to the base 229 prices. I never buy anything pure vanilla. I always end up adding night sights, buying extra mags, etc. when there are still cheap ass companies out there that throw in one lousy mag, your base price goes up anywho. [emoji6]
My Extreme P226 needed nothing except another mag.

1 hour ago, Ray Ray said:

Interesting

i'll tell you about it later.

Cool. The only point is the prices are average for that type of weapon. They were high in the beginning but thats the way it is with new products. In any event, break down the cost of a trigger job, night sights and extra mags these days and add them to the base 229 prices. I never buy anything pure vanilla. I always end up adding night sights, buying extra mags, etc. when there are still cheap ass companies out there that throw in one lousy mag, your base price goes up anywho. emoji6.png
My Extreme P226 needed nothing except another mag.

I agree with you, that's why for rifles I buy ones like my LWRC and previously my Colt M4 Magpul, they already came fitted with things I was going to do anyways. Rather be able to shoot it right away than constantly make upgrades.

7 hours ago, Malice4you said:

2022_1_sm.jpgSig Pro 2022 9mm

Questions Malice, 2 to be exact.

Are the magazines the same as the P226/P229?

Are the controls the same as the P226/P229?

Are parts and holsters interchangeable with the P226/P229?