Show off your Sigs!

2 hours ago, Ray Ray said:

Questions Malice, 2 to be exact.

Are the magazines the same as the P226/P229?

Are the controls the same as the P226/P229?

Are parts and holsters interchangeable with the P226/P229?

I'll answer your 5 questions

3 sir!

I'll answer your 3 questions.

Magazines are different. The sp2022 mags are slightly thicker and wont fit at all into the 226, and while the 226 mag fits into the 2022, the mag release cut is in a different spot and locks in place too low to feed. Never tried a 229 mag, but I assume they are like the 228, which (some?) can take 226 mags. Woulda been nice.

Controls are similar, not quite exactly the same, but close enough most sig users wouldn't/shouldn't have any problems. 2022 controlls are more ramped and give a slightly better purchase, but also sit slightly lower and a poor grip might engage the slide stop easier on the 2022. Can't say I have had a problem on a classic or a plastic sig i've handled yet though.

A generic enough holster is compatible, like the sig branded OWB one that fits from Mosquito through p22x models. From memory, the 2022 is slightly thicker on the slide. I haven't really tested anything beyond a serpa, and I don't recall the two working well in the other's holster.

Parts, only rail mounted stuff, maybe sights, and possibly certain internals (like springs) could be common between the two.

Seems like Sig wanted something different from the classic P22x line for their first polymer pistol, but I kinda wish they had figured how to make a polymer p229(ish) - woulda been nice to share mags, holsters, etc., and tap into existing owners and parts. That said, 2022 stands perfectly fine on its own as a distinct pistol.

• Like 3

228/229 can take 226 mags and vice versa. Everything but the barrel length is the same specs

228/229 can take 226 mags and vice versa. Everything but the barrel length is the same specs

Little asterisk to that... but to also point out, Compact magazines can’t fit in Full-Size guns (speaking to the “vice versa” part). They are too short.

9mm magazines were actually different from the .40/.357 magazines for some time in the P229. You couldn’t fit a .40 magazine in older 9mm P229 frames. Forget the story about the P226, but they used the .40 frame for 9mm pretty early.

SIG eventually started the -1 or E2 frame/magazines (I’ve seen both labels, but SIG has made the switch... so, all new 9mm P229s are built on a common 9mm/.40/.357 frame). These slightly wider magazines have a capacity of 15 rounds, where as the older P228 9mm based magazines were 13 rounds. But both are labeled P229, with the exception of the older ones having P228/P229.

Old magazines fit in the new 9mm frames, with slight movement in the magazine well. But new 15 round 9mm magazines DO NOT fit in the older P228/P229 9mm frames.

Not an issue if you buy a new P229, but if you have an older model or a P228, can be a little frustrating. Add in MecGar doing 15 round P228 magazines (old dimensions, different follower/spring design to fit extra rounds), definitely something to remember when buying magazines.

I was at my local FFL before and we tried that out actually, he had a 226 and a 229 legion in the case. The 226 mags fit, they're just not flush.

I was at my local FFL before and we tried that out actually, he had a 226 and a 229 legion in the case. The 226 mags fit, they're just not flush.

Completely agree... but a P229 magazine will not fit in a P226. Why I mentioned the vice versa part... because they are only one-way compatible. Similar to Glock 19 magazines cannot fit a Glock 17.

On 3/11/2018 at 8:36 AM, JR88USMC said:

from what I understand, the Marine Corps will be adopting the P320 soon and MARSOC will be using the VP9SK

You can also come out to Easton! Last time i was there a guy from Bayonne was too. Felt bad for him he drove out all thag way and forgot ammo.

MARSOC just started using the G19 a few years ago, can't see them switching anytime soon. As you know, the Marine Corps is very slow to change something that works.  I see the M9 being in service for for at least 10 years.

3 hours ago, JC_68Westy said:

MARSOC just started using the G19 a few years ago, can't see them switching anytime soon. As you know, the Marine Corps is very slow to change something that works.  I see the M9 being in service for for at least 10 years.

that Jimmy Mattis money is changing everything. The grunts all have M27 IAR's now which is awesome because it multiplies machine gun power x100. Non grunts will all be switching from the FN M16A4's & M4's for a modified HK556. From what I understand the army's deal with Sig for the p320 is going to be DOD wide, and MARSOC switching to the VP9.

On 3/11/2018 at 10:39 AM, bhunted said:

Nice....

Here is my Sig P229 Legion..

238a5d2241d041dca61ea7c0a25ee6f8.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

How do you like it? I picked up a p226 legion from someone 2nd hand with the 22 upper conversion and what not and love it.

1 hour ago, stuckinNJ said:

Here’s my P226 Alloy Stainless Elite. Has wood grips, SRT, SigLite night sights, extended beavertail and PVD aluminum frame.

1F3DFE70-A985-4D09-90FA-359DF9D1A837.jpeg

Woah, looks completely different like that versus the legion 226 i have.. Me likey. I want one!

How do you like it? I picked up a p226 legion from someone 2nd hand with the 22 upper conversion and what not and love it.

Great gun, low carbs, taste like chicken. [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Maybe in 6 months if I feel like going through the P2P process again, I'll apply for a few and a 226 will be on my list of things to buy. Along with a 365.

1 hour ago, JR88USMC said:

Maybe in 6 months if I feel like going through the P2P process again, I'll apply for a few and a 226 will be on my list of things to buy. Along with a 365.

Im dreading the thought of going through the process again but will likely pull new p2ps when I get back in a week and will be looking into revolvers. Never even shot one before lol.

it's obnoxious. When I first got my FID in 2015 I should have gotten a P2P with that one, at the time all I wanted was an AR. Lesson learned when I moved last year and applied for my change of address, I put in for 1 P2P. ended up buying the 229 because of how much of a pain it is to get a handgun here it's a do everything gun.

58 minutes ago, JR88USMC said:

it's obnoxious. When I first got my FID in 2015 I should have gotten a P2P with that one, at the time all I wanted was an AR. Lesson learned when I moved last year and applied for my change of address, I put in for 1 P2P. ended up buying the 229 because of how much of a pain it is to get a handgun here it's a do everything gun.

I get 4 P2Ps at a time. They’re just $2 each and it gives flexibility over a 6 month (with extension) period to get what I want.

Of course the only issue is that I end up using them all bc they’re so annoying to get. My wallet isn’t too pleased lol. So far on my last batch, I got a VP9, CZ 75 Pre B and last week a CZ P-07. Now I have to figure out what to get with the 4th...