revenger

cruise ships out of bayonne

Yes, I took one on Royal Caribbean 2 or 3 years back but it was only a 5 day cruise to Bermuda and back.  For RC, they have a parking deck right next to the terminal. 

Only thing I remember about parking was that when leaving, there was a long line at the elevators inside the parking deck.  Fortunately I didn't park that high up and didn't have any issue hoofing up 3 flights of stairs with my bags. 

Cost was a bit high but I don't know that there is any other option.  There used to be a 3rd party parking lot over there but not sure if it's open any more.

has anyone ever taken a cruise and departed from bayonne,   wonder on the long term parking and how was your experience.   Not driving to brooklyn.  

Thanks   

Better off going out of Florida. Leaving from Bayonne is a rough ride down the coast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

32 minutes ago, Ray Ray said:

Troll alert:

Cruise ships are dirty, poorly managed and dangerous.

Bayonne is dirty, poorly managed and dangerous.

Why go out of Bayonne or Baltimore? Where do those cruises go, anyway? Can they even make it to the Bahamas in less than 3 days? Makes no sense to me unless you just want to go out on a boat ride and get shitfaced and gorge yourself

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, elongobardi said:

Better off going out of Florida. Leaving from Bayonne is a rough ride down the coast.

38 minutes ago, matty said:

Why go out of Bayonne or Baltimore? Where do those cruises go, anyway? Can they even make it to the Bahamas in less than 3 days? Makes no sense to me unless you just want to go out on a boat ride and get shitfaced and gorge yourself

I agree with the above, unless you're just going to sit on the ship and get sh*t faced drunk every day and don't want to see any islands or other sights, spend a few extra dollars and go out of Florida. You'll go to more islands and won't spend days "cruising at sea".

GF and I took a cruise out of Bayonne in Feb.

Our last two vacations we had lost 1-2 days sitting in airports due to flight problems.  We wanted an absolutely zero stress vacation this time, so we took RCL out of Bayonne, and she got to reconnect with a friend she hand’t seen in a while  who coincidentally was on the same cruise.

I can’t offer any guidance on the parking - we took an Uber to the ship and a friend picked us up on the way back.

Trip down the coast was not rough.  It was perfect for what we wanted, a low travel-stress vacation.

• Like 1