vladtepes

PAK 9 Micro 9mm AK Optic Options

Some of you know I have a really small 9mm AK.. I am optic shopping.. I would LIKE to use an Aimpoint micro.. its a great solution for the gun.. but my eyes hate AImpoints.. 

I like my Eotechs a lot.. but I think it might be too large for this application..  

I was thinking a Trijicon RMR (green triangle)... Thoughts? Other options? Bad choice for that gun?

I am pretty open to suggestions on this one.. but looking for quality for sure.. buy once.. 

2 hours ago, blksheep said:

The Triangle is interesting.. Maybe better for a scattergun. A 12.9 MOA is challenging at 50 yards to get the correct POA/POI

I have all the other RMRs and they would be a much better choice.

I was thinking tip of triangle as aiming point... as opposed to covering the target.. 

I/We have dropped it, kicked it carried it and it has functioned 100%.  Never lost zero.  I have had one on a Glock 19 for 3 years with 5000ish rounds on it and still functions just as new.  Mounted on a static rail it will be good to go.  Trijicons warranty is Top Notch as well.  

20 hours ago, vladtepes said:

Some of you know I have a really small 9mm AK.. I am optic shopping.. I would LIKE to use an Aimpoint micro.. its a great solution for the gun.. but my eyes hate AImpoints.. 

I like my Eotechs a lot.. but I think it might be too large for this application..  

I was thinking a Trijicon RMR (green triangle)... Thoughts? Other options? Bad choice for that gun?

I am pretty open to suggestions on this one.. but looking for quality for sure.. buy once.. 

What is this mini 9mm AK of which you speak?  Link or pics?  I may want one.

2 hours ago, Old School said:

What is this mini 9mm AK of which you speak?  Link or pics?  I may want one.

sure... I plan on getting a stamp for it.. so I can put a stock on it.. 

its Romanian... takes Glock mags.. and has virtually 0 recoil.. 

ak9.JPG

• Like 1

5 hours ago, vladtepes said:

sure... I plan on getting a stamp for it.. so I can put a stock on it.. 

its Romanian... takes Glock mags.. and has virtually 0 recoil.. 

ak9.JPG

Thanks for the pic.  Think about a brace as opposed to going SBR. I have a brace on my 300BO pistol and I like it.

But I have can on it too and a Binary Trigger. With the can it's much bigger.

9mm with Glock mags is a lot more convenient and less expensive than the BO pistol for sure.

Very Nice !!

I should have listened.. but not really.. 

so I ordered the green triangle.. I actually love the reticle.. but the dual illumination version is a no go for me.. as soon as I use a weapon light in a dimly lit room.. the reticle becomes very difficult to see.. so I will need a different solution.. 

on the up side.. I complained to Amazon.. AND they do not accept returns on these.. 
SO.. they refunded me the entire amount.. AND told me to keep it.. So I moved it over to my 1301.. for free.. I will keep it... 

49 minutes ago, High Exposure said:

I told you this about dual Illum reflex optics in 2011 :p 

Some people’s kids!

That being said - any free RMR isn’t bad. 

I’ll give you $100 for it.

I think I will pass.. what sucks is I REALLY like the green triangle as a reticle.. 

Looking at the delta point red triangles.. I am sure there is something wrong with those as well? LOL

Any dual-illum optic, or really any optic that auto adjusts brightness based on ambient light, should be an automatic no-go for any gun that has a SD or HD role.

In lowlight or dark conditions it will wash out when using a weapon light. 

Triangles are great aiming points and green works well because most humans naturally pick up greens quickly and can discern and differentiate a great number of green shades quickly (barring color blindness or similar condition).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, High Exposure said:

Any dual-illum optic, or really any optic that auto adjusts brightness based on ambient light, should be an automatic no-go for any gun that has a SD or HD role.

In lowlight or dark conditions it will wash out when using a weapon light. 

Triangles are great aiming points and green works well because most humans naturally pick up greens quickly and can discern and differentiate a great number of green shades quickly (barring color blindness or similar condition).

unfortunately I don't think I will find what I want..

Manual adjustment / Triangle reticle / Green 

Like I am pretty sure that does not exist in a high quality optic... 

27 minutes ago, vladtepes said:

unfortunately I don't think I will find what I want..

Manual adjustment / Triangle reticle / Green 

Like I am pretty sure that does not exist in a high quality optic... 

Tell me about it. Im color blind and have problems with red. I searched everywhere for a high quality optic with a green dot that is manual adjstment. I still have iron sights. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, fishnut said:

Tell me about it. Im color blind and have problems with red. I searched everywhere for a high quality optic with a green dot that is manual adjstment. I still have iron sights. 

@Displaced Texan can’t you do different colors on ACOGs?

4 hours ago, High Exposure said:

I told you this about dual Illum reflex optics in 2011 :p 

Some people’s kids!

That being said - any free RMR isn’t bad. 

I’ll give you $100 for it.

Poor HE nobody retains his wisdom 

The DI RMRs will wash.  I have carried one for a couple years now and haven't found it to be an issue.  At night, a shot can easily be easily made at a 25 yards on a 10x13 steel plate with little to no light.  

I also have the 07 and 06 on guns and they are the witches boobies.

heavily leaning towards the Leopold Delta with the triangle reticle.. for this gun.. and as close as it is intended to be used.. I found the triangle on the Trijicon to be perfect.. and it didn't mess with my eyes as badly as the dots tend to.. 

heavily leaning towards the Leopold Delta with the triangle reticle.. for this gun.. and as close as it is intended to be used.. I found the triangle on the Trijicon to be perfect.. and it didn't mess with my eyes as badly as the dots tend to.. 
I had to return the triangle. It was tilted right out of the box. Went with the dot.