9 posts in this topic

Well it finally came in a few weeks ago but I haven’t had time to take pictures or get it to the range yet. But is sure is pretty......

I was looking at revolvers for a long time and couldn’t figure out what I wanted. Thanks to the help on this forum I came up with a list of the things I wanted, tapered underlug(just for looks), 6-shot, 4” barrel, smooth trigger and that landed me on the Smith and Wesson 686 SSR

686 SSR 686 SSR 686 SSR 686 SSR

686 SSR

4 people like this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Latest Topics

• Similar Content

• By remixer
      In Stock At Monmouth Arms, LLC
      Sig Sauer P320 Compact 9mm with Night Sights $580.00 Sig Sauer p320 Full Size 9mm (Pinned Mags) Contrast Sights $535.00 Smith and Wesson Mp9 2.0 Black (Factory 15rds Magazines) $525.00 Smith and Wesson 617 4" 22lr $675.00 Smith and Wesson Mp9 Shield $390.00 These are all New in Box.  Prices are plus $15.00 Nics and NJ Tax.
      Handgun Buyer must have Valid DL and Valid P2P.

Thanks for Looking,
      Steven - Monmouth Arms, LLC
      172 US 9 - Suite F
      Englishtown NJ 07726
      732-547-1243

• By NJGF
      I am interested in getting the opinion of people you have shot the Smith and Wesson Model 629 revolver in different barrel lengths. I have shot the 6" barrel and it was doable. S&W has it available now in 2 5/8", 4", 5", 6", and 6 1/2" barrels. The longer barrels are heavier guns so that probably makes them easier to shoot.. Are the shorter barrels difficult to shoot (feel, recoil, etc)? I am interested in hearing about shooting .44 Magnum cartridge.(I know that the .44 special cartridge is a different animal and easier to shoot).
    • By remixer
      Smith and Wesson Model 617 22LR
      $750.00 Plus Nics and NJ tax

CALIBER: 22 LR
      STOCK/FRAME: Black Synthetic
      CAPACITY: 10
      BARREL: 4"
      ACTION: Double / Single Action
      LENGTH: 9.13"
      SAFETY: Internal Lock
      WEIGHT: 41 Oz.
      SIGHTS: Adjustable
      FINISH: Satin Stainless

• By remixer
      Smith and Wesson 442 Custom Shop
      $500.00 Plus Nics and NJ Tax

Special Edition Custom Shop 442 .38

- Includes Extra Rubber Grip
      - Performance Center Tuned Action
      - Stainless Steel Cylinder
      - High-Polished Cylinder Flutes
      - 5 Round Capacity
      - .38 S&W Special +P

• By fatty
      Finally picked up my 686 4" and it's a dream to shoot!  I should've bought this a long long time ago...  SA trigger pull feels buttery smooth and this thing handles 357magnum loads like it's nothing.  The huge fireballs are a big plus.  Shooting high from the factory about 4-5" between 7-15 yards but it's dead on accurate

One thing that I've noticed though, is that when ejecting the spent casings, there's ALWAYS one casing that gets stuck between the ejector star and the synthetic grips.  If there was maybe 1/8" more clearance on the grip it would be flawless....

Is there a specific grip that will or technique that will allow that last casing to drop free?