Well it finally came in a few weeks ago but I haven’t had time to take pictures or get it to the range yet. But is sure is pretty......

I was looking at revolvers for a long time and couldn’t figure out what I wanted. Thanks to the help on this forum I came up with a list of the things I wanted, tapered underlug(just for looks), 6-shot, 4” barrel, smooth trigger and that landed me on the Smith and Wesson 686 SSR

686 SSR 686 SSR 686 SSR 686 SSR

686 SSR

• Like 4

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• olight.jpg

Use Promo Code "NJGF10" for 10% Off Regular Items

• Supporting Vendors

• Latest Topics

• Similar Content

• By Trader979
      Smith and Wesson 357 Magnum 686P (7 shot) 4” revolver. Excellent condition. Includes case and all paperwork.  $650 or best offer. Monmouth County.  Cross posted. First person to say I’ll take it. Sale will comply with all NJ and federal laws. 

• By Blackjack988
      Just looking to purge and de-clutter a little bit so putting up a number of spare guns, accessories, and optics for sale.  Will be updating this thread as I add more items.  I am located in Middletown NJ but am willing to meet and/or ship at buyer's expense. 
      Guns (all firearms must be transferred at an FFL and will only be sold to those with matching DL and FID, happy to discuss which FFL):
      $1250 - Walther Q5 Match SF 9mm - Lightly used (less than 500 rounds) will come with RMR-compatible plate and 6 magazines (4 factory 10 rounders and 2 factory 15's perm pinned to 10) $850 - Ruger 10/22 - Customized Ruger 10/22 based on basic Ruger receiver and bolt. Includes Kidd Barrel, Trigger pack, Rail, Charging Handle, and other upgrades.  Victor Company Titan stock. Accessories
      $375 - Modlite OKW package, includes light body, OKW head, Arisaka in-line Keymod mount, and Unity hot button (pic model) SOLD  
      The first to post "I'll take it" wins the sale

• By Ballard
      For sale never used cylinder for a rough rider single shot revolver in 22 magnum. I got a gun with two swappable cylinders but never got mag ammo and don't have the gun anymore, so it's brand new. As I understand you can swap it into any 22lr rough rider to make it a magnum, but confirm this yourself. Heritage sells them for $29.99 (plus tax & shipping I assume). Willing to ship but you pay.
      https://www.shopheritagemfg.com/cylinders/heritage-22wmr-cylinder-black-6-shot-331-0002-01

• By My1stGlock
      Anyone knows of a reliable gun smith or armorer that can swap a barrel on a S&W 686+ revolver? If you used them even better. Any idea on the cost to do the work? Obviously someone local in NJ as the first choice. Thanks for any leads. 
    • ALWAYS CHECK "THEIR" WORK!!!  The last one we had been subject to was a total hack job.  We fought it and got it corrected.  We weren't happy with the increase, but it could have been worse.
    • Yes, it's an estimate. By that estimate, we are the worst state in the nation. Life of Tax: How Much Tax is Paid Over a Lifetime | Self. This much of your lifetime wages go to taxes — where does NJ rank (nj1015.com)
    • Think so? Check your property card. My mother's house hadn't changed since it was built in 1952. But back in the 2oth century when the property taxes were skyrocketing, I went to look at the property card in the assessors office. Among other nonexistent features I found on it was a finished basement and two extra baths. Even better, the office manager tried to tell me that the arithmetic on the card (based on the features listed) that resulted perfectly in the property tax total, had NOTHING TO DO with the tax levied. The last assessment they did on our current home was all wrong. Fortunately I had the blueprints for the house and corrected all the mistakes in the assessor's measurements.
    • You're forgetting that we're much lazier now. Those lances were really heavy. If someone can't use a gun, it's hard to imagine them bothering to fight at all.