Golf battery

First lr308 build

Its a first for me   Lr308 build. Done plenty of 223/556 builds and stuff over the years. So i figure its time   First shoot with it today at sjsc. Hits just shy of 1/2 moa. Im happy with that since its a semi.  Bag rested on bench.  Hornady American gunner 140 gr 6.5 c. 

Aero upper lower and barrel nut

midwest quick detach bipod mount   This is friggin awesome  

jp enterprise 

Jp super match barrel teflon

jp brake

jp bolt and titanium firing pin

jp lmos bcg

jp silent capture buffer/spring 

jp adj gas block/gas tube 

geissele super match trigger 

burris xtr 11 glass

badger ord 0 moa unimount

the other stuff you can see  its magpul stuff 

im happy  my purpose for this was to build a semi that can be as close in accuracy to a bolt gun  with alittle trigger time   Im sure it will.   Hell  just the innards cost just as much as a higher end ar   The adj gas block is cool to adjust   And when i leave here my suppresor will like it alot   

Ps  f phil   

52A0CD1A-1909-4D54-AB51-222A1E760CD3.jpeg

• Like 5

Its a first for me   Lr308 build. Done plenty of 223/556 builds and stuff over the years. So i figure its time   First shoot with it today at sjsc. Hits just shy of 1/2 moa. Im happy with that since its a semi.  Bag rested on bench.  Hornady American gunner 140 gr 6.5 c. 
Aero upper lower and barrel nut
midwest quick detach bipod mount   This is friggin awesome  
jp enterprise 
Jp super match barrel teflon
jp brake
jp bolt and titanium firing pin
jp lmos bcg
jp silent capture buffer/spring 
jp adj gas block/gas tube 
geissele match trigger 
burris xtr 11 glass
badger ord 0 moa unimount
the other stuff you can see  its magpul stuff 

im happy  my purpose for this was to build a semi that can be as close in accuracy to a bolt gun  with alittle trigger time   Im sure it will.   Hell  just the innards cost just as much as a higher end ar   The adj gas block is cool to adjust   And when i leave here my suppresor will like it alot   

Ps  f phil   

52A0CD1A-1909-4D54-AB51-222A1E760CD3.thumb.jpeg.01e3c9ba00b48fb9ea0662d16aafe4df.jpeg
Nice brotha [emoji106][emoji106]

7 hours ago, Scorpio64 said:

Musta cost you a small fortune with all the JP gear.

Yeah but jp’s stuff is smooth.  It cost less together than buying the lrp 07 and def shoots sub moa and i havent tried diff ammo yet.  So it can only get better. 

Very pretty looking. Probably going to be my next build, only have my ruger precision in 308. The way things are going, i wouldn't be surprised if they banned AR15's but let AR10's stay; so i'll build one of those for good measure... Lmao

5 hours ago, Bully said:

When is an AR-10 not an AR-10...?  When it's an LR308?!?!?  :D

Seriously tho, what's the difference?

The platforms are milled differently.  Since there is no milspec ar 10 type lower yet you have to be careful about that.  Jp ent is geared more towards the lr308 platform lower.  I think the lr308 dpms style lower is the more dominant one as of now. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Bully said:

When is an AR-10 not an AR-10...?  When it's an LR308?!?!?  :D

Seriously tho, what's the difference?

The large caliber platforms are not standard.  There is armalite ar10 and DPMS LR308.  There is greater breadth of products for the LR format.   I’ve done a bunch.   

OP for 6.5 C I’d get a 20 MOA mount.  If you ever stretch it out you’ll quickly run out of adjustment.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Rob0115 said:

The large caliber platforms are not standard.  There is armalite ar10 and DPMS LR308.  There is greater breadth of products for the LR format.   I’ve done a bunch.   

OP for 6.5 C I’d get a 20 MOA mount.  If you ever stretch it out you’ll quickly run out of adjustment.  

Yeah i thought about that but i think my scope has 80 moa elevation, some substantial amount.  Or ill holdover.  The 20 moa i wast sure if it was tall enough for the 34mm tube.  I went with 0 moa cause it was the extra high mount.  It’s something around 60’ holdover with around 70 moa at 1k yards.   But yeah, i hear ya.  

On 3/13/2018 at 0:46 PM, Rob0115 said:

I thought about that too but with the shorter barrel, its gonna lose a lil distance, as well.

Golf, i would love to hear more feedback after you've put some hours in.  Honestly, ive been thinking about a big frame ar in 6.5c for a while.  Lately, the only calibers i shoot are 223 and 6.5c, so i never had the desire to build an ar10 but this post just kicked some sparks up, for me.