AlDente67

WTB: Chainsaw

12 posts in this topic

Since Mustang cleared out what he had, I thought I'd start a new thread.  Looking for a working gas chainsaw for the branch mess I have after the last storm.  Small is fine.  Largest debris I have is maybe 7-8 inches in diameter.

I could rent one from HD easily enough, but for a few bucks more, I'd rather just have one of my own.  Located in Mercer County.

Look for a Stihl MS250 with a 16in bar.  Plenty of aftermarket parts and is still the old style 2 stroke, not the new two stroke- four cycle nightmares.  Check Stihl they bring them back on occasion for 3 bills.  Use chipper chain for better performance.  Lots of this model around with little to no use.  I'll take a look around here, but kinda in demand right now.

A Stihl MS 180 is a good deal also at 2 bills as long as largest logis under 12".

I Have some 18" chainsaw (Blue one from Home Depot)... It went on sale for like 100$ from Home Depot. Worked great for the branches/tree i lost. Got the job done.
If you aren't too far, i have some time this week and can come assist with clean up. Can bring saw and what not, just reimburse me for fuel and what not.. PM Me where exactly you're located. Shouldn't take more than a few hours to clean up.

2 people like this

2 hours ago, T Bill said:

Look for a Stihl MS250 with a 16in bar.  Plenty of aftermarket parts and is still the old style 2 stroke, not the new two stroke- four cycle nightmares.  Check Stihl they bring them back on occasion for 3 bills.  Use chipper chain for better performance.  Lots of this model around with little to no use.  I'll take a look around here, but kinda in demand right now.

A Stihl MS 180 is a good deal also at 2 bills as long as largest logis under 12".

What about the MS 170? @T Bill

7 minutes ago, Zeke said:

I’m getting a crush on @Lambo2936 and what not.

I'm 24, most of you guys are "More Experienced". Don't mind assisting if its just a few hours. Don't expect me to haul your shit away and sweep your lawn, but i don't mind running the saw for a few hours to clean up and pile everything at the curb or load it into a trailer or whatever..
 Have a few cordless sawzalls, as well; they are easy on the joints... :p

3 people like this

6 minutes ago, Lambo2936 said:

I'm 24, most of you guys are "More Experienced". Don't mind assisting if its just a few hours. Don't expect me to haul your shit away and sweep your lawn, but i don't mind running the saw for a few hours to clean up and pile everything at the curb or load it into a trailer or whatever..
 Have a few cordless sawzalls, as well; they are easy on the joints... :p

Fucking bad ass bro! Helping a brother out! I heart you. 

@Ray Ray

4 hours ago, carl_g said:

What about the MS 170? @T Bill

The price performance level is better suited to the MS180. Most Stihl saws are configured in groups where the bottom and other parts are the same and the top end is different.  So everything on the unit is the same only the top end of the motor is different.  So might as well get the extra HP for a couple of bucks more.  For example the old 021, 023, and 025 where the same just bigger displacement of the top end.  So in the aftermarket hard to find a 021, or 023 top end plenty of 025. Even the MS250 is the same top end as the 025.  Rebuilt a few to know.

4 hours ago, High Exposure said:

Bought a holster off Lambo. We met up once. He’s a good dude.

That was a while back, now, when i first got my FID. I haven't had a chance to meet too many other members from on here since then. I met RecessedFilter (IIRC) who happened to be hanging out at Monmouth Arms the other day, but that's really it. Unfortunate that having a get together is so difficult nowadays; hoping to meet a bunch more people at the Trenton Rally; My flight got pushed forward so i'll be home by Sunday AM and should be able to make it that Monday the way things are looking now, if all is well.
By the way, Remixer installed those Spartan Operator sights for me. They are fantastic, and actually 100% PERFECT for what i need it for. Best sights out of the 3 handguns i have, by far. My current warehouse in Newark is dark and gloomy and these things glow beautifully, though obviously not the greatest in low light.  

13 hours ago, T Bill said:

The price performance level is better suited to the MS180. Most Stihl saws are configured in groups where the bottom and other parts are the same and the top end is different.  So everything on the unit is the same only the top end of the motor is different.  So might as well get the extra HP for a couple of bucks more.  For example the old 021, 023, and 025 where the same just bigger displacement of the top end.  So in the aftermarket hard to find a 021, or 023 top end plenty of 025. Even the MS250 is the same top end as the 025.  Rebuilt a few to know.

Yeah thanks I talked to the salesperson today he also recommended the 180 and its only 20 bucks more. I am going with that.