ChrisS

Remington Gun Clubs on sale @ Cabelas

I’ve never posted to the deals forum, so please bare with me. Cabelas has the Remington Gun Clubs on sale for $51.99:

https://www.cabelas.com/product/Remington-Gun-Club-Target-Shotshells/740037.uts?slotId=0&MDK=dynbanC_MN&MDC=cat576416880

Use code FREESHIP to waive shipping charges.

on top of that, eBay has $100 Cabelas gift cards for $80.

***now- can someone explain what “dram equivalent” means? I want to purchase these for clays and the purchase options include dram equivalent and shot size. Is there much difference between 7 1/2 and 8? 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, ChrisS said:

I’ve never posted to the deals forum, so please bare with me. Cabelas has the Remington Gun Clubs on sale for $51.99:

https://www.cabelas.com/product/Remington-Gun-Club-Target-Shotshells/740037.uts?slotId=0&MDK=dynbanC_MN&MDC=cat576416880

Use code FREESHIP to waive shipping charges.

on top of that, eBay has $100 Cabelas gift cards for $80.

***now- can someone explain what “dram equivalent” means? I want to purchase these for clays and the purchase options include dram equivalent and shot size. Is there much difference between 7 1/2 and 8? 

From a Google search.....Basically it means squat to us today!:dontknow:

"Today's shotgun shells use smokeless powder, but “drams equivalent” indicates the shotshell velocity produced with the equivalent amount of black powder once used in the earliest ammunitions. A box of shotgun shells labeled “3 Dram Equivalent” means it possesses the force of 3 drams of black powder."

For beginners in the Sporting Clays game.  To minimize recoil you would want a 12 gauge, 2-3/4", 2-3/4 dram, 1-1/8 oz #7 1/2 shot.  Muzzle velocity of 1145 FPS. #8 would work just as well on days with little or no wind.  If you have a SA you may need a 3 dram load (1190FPS) to cycle the gun.

Most ranges will not allow shot larger than 7-1/2. on the clays courses or faster than 1250-1300 FPS.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JohnnyB said:

I figured I would need 1 box per each clay I actually hit!  So I had to stock up!:)

I took my nephew out to a wma to shoot a box of clays.  Boy, that box was a good value because when we emptied the box, we still had almost half a box left

1 hour ago, ChrisS said:

***now- can someone explain what “dram equivalent” means?

\/ \/ \/ This \/ \/ \/

1 hour ago, JohnnyB said:

From a Google search.....Basically it means squat to us today!:dontknow:

7 hours ago, Krdshrk said:

Cheaper than Dick's when they have 'em on sale for $4.98/box (plus tax).

Dick's is dead to me.  I gave them a second chance, and they rubbed our nose in it.

Exactly what TBill said.

"For beginners in the Sporting Clays game.  To minimize recoil you would want a 12 gauge, 2-3/4", 2-3/4 dram, 1-1/8 oz #7 1/2 shot.  Muzzle velocity of 1145 FPS. #8 would work just as well on days with little or no wind.  If you have a SA you may need a 3 dram load (1190FPS) to cycle the gun.

Most ranges will not allow shot larger than 7-1/2. on the clays courses or faster than 1250-1300 FPS."

11 minutes ago, Pew Pew Plates said:

Ordered 19 flats :D that should last a few months.  Came out to $48.60/flat with tax and discounted gift cards

Good deal.  Your UPS guy may not like you as much.  Check carefully, last time they shipped the Remington boxes sucked and had two repacks from UPS.  Cabelas made good with no problems.