gfl216

This Can't Be True, Can It?

My wife fowarded this to me from Facebook. Two girls in Lacey Township were disciplined for violating school policy when they did some clay shooting at a Wildlife Management Area. Apparently the School Code of Conduct does not allow students to touch firearms either on or off school property during the school year. Including after school hours and weekends.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=904473603066044&id=371903659656377

I just heard this myself. I don't know details of the type of shooting conducted by the students but so far it appears to be true. I guess all boy scouts will be next to be disciplined. If true this illuminates the bias we know exists in the school system. It is amazing to me the school system believes it has reach outside of school over legal activities based on posts made on a non school owned medium! 

NJ has a great competitive shooting tradition, and has produced some outstanding junior shooters, including national junior champions (both individual and team) in rifle and pistol events.  They’ve set national junior records, they’ve been named to the national team, earned college scholarships for varsity shooting teams, been nominated to the military academies, etc. etc.   Four-time Olympian Matt Emmons got his start as a junior shooter in Mt Holly.

This, of course, requires that the schools don’t try to implement such friggin moronic, overreaching idiotic, brain-dead, totalitarian control over what their students do in their free time. 

This policy, if it’s really as described, won’t stand long.  But I’m furious that a school thought they could get away with it

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, gfl216 said:

How couldn't they, they claim that their mission is to defend the bill of rights and this is a clear violation of the 2nd amendment.

I think that they are good on about 90% of our rights.

• Like 2

This is because our opponents are liars, they don't fight fair nor do they keep their word.

IF they genuinely believed what they say, and only have a problem with "assault" weapons, handguns, etc. then a photograph of people using a "sporting" firearm such as a break action shotgun at a public shooting range playing a sport which is recognized in the olympics should be no problem. 

After all, even anti-gun politicians like Joe Biden claim to have no issues with sportsmen, hunters, etc. and even claim to do such things themselves!

But we know this is a lie. Our opponents are liars,  they say whatever is convenient, and their goal is not to come to a safe compromise on gun laws that prevents unnecessary deaths (that I can at least respect, and something all of us agree on) but instead the total destruction of all gun ownership in the USA. 

Two students from Lacey Twp. High School were given 5 days in-school suspension because they posted pictures of themselves on Facebook with/near GUNS! You read that right! Lacey Township High School placed the pair on 5 days of detention for posting pictures of themselves taken at a RANGE onto social media that contained firearms with the caption of "fun day at the range"

ANJRPC is on it

29187100_1923406337730188_84363148560464

• Like 11

1 hour ago, 10X said:

NJ has a great competitive shooting tradition, and has produced some outstanding junior shooters, including national junior champions (both individual and team) in rifle and pistol events.  They’ve set national junior records, they’ve been named to the national team, earned college scholarships for varsity shooting teams, been nominated to the military academies, etc. etc.   Four-time Olympian Matt Emmons got his start as a junior shooter in Mt Holly.

This, of course, requires that the schools don’t try to implement such friggin moronic, overreaching idiotic, brain-dead, totalitarian control over what their students do in their free time. 

This policy, if it’s really as described, won’t stand long.  But I’m furious that a school thought they could get away with it

Actually Matt Emmons shot at USANA in Elmer with me. I shot along side him for years. Still have awards with both our names on it from various team matches.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, mossburger said:

This is because our opponents are liars, they don't fight fair nor do they keep their word.

IF they genuinely believed what they say, and only have a problem with "assault" weapons, handguns, etc. then a photograph of people using a "sporting" firearm such as a break action shotgun at a public shooting range playing a sport which is recognized in the olympics should be no problem. 

After all, even anti-gun politicians like Joe Biden claim to have no issues with sportsmen, hunters, etc. and even claim to do such things themselves!

But we know this is a lie. Our opponents are liars,  they say whatever is convenient, and their goal is not to come to a safe compromise on gun laws that prevents unnecessary deaths (that I can at least respect, and something all of us agree on) but instead the total destruction of all gun ownership in the USA. 

All you need to do to verify this is read some of the UK trap, skeet and sporting clays or hunting boards. There are all kinds of restrictions still being pushed against sporting gun owners by the grabbers there and they took most weapon ownership away from the citizens already. It will not end with “assault weapons”, it won’t end with semi auto weapons, it won’t end with capacity limits or large caliber bans. The UK and EU are showing us exactly what the grabbers wasn’t here. 

There is no compromise great enough to stop them, it’s like trying to  negotiate with a bunch of sharks to let them eat your arm. Eventually they circle back to take a leg, then another arm. The end result is the same. 

JMHO

-Jim

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, JimB1 said:

All you need to do to verify this is read some of the UK trap, skeet and sporting clays or hunting boards. There are all kinds of restrictions still being pushed against sporting gun owners by the grabbers there and they took most weapon ownership away from the citizens already. It will not end with “assault weapons”, it won’t end with semi auto weapons, it won’t end with capacity limits or large caliber bans. The UK and EU are showing us exactly what the grabbers wasn’t here. 

There is no compromise great enough to stop them, it’s like trying to  negotiate with a bunch of sharks to let them eat your arm. Eventually they circle back to take a leg, then another arm. The end result is the same. 

JMHO

-Jim

Are there some UK boards you particularly recommend? Here's an example of something very tangible that we should be sharing on some of the hunting boards - we need to get NJ's hunters (if you'll pardon the term) "woke"!

Edit: Though quite frankly, you'd think this Lacey Township situation would be enough to alarm the hunters! Kids enjoying a day at the range shooting clays.. are getting suspended? Seriously? It just goes to show you how really unhinged the gun control movement is getting. This is INSANE. I tend to be a good prognosticator, but even I'm stunned at the level of hatred that's being directed at law-abiding, legal gun owners. It is so ridiculous, so counter-productive... it's surreal.

9 minutes ago, Mrs. Peel said:

Are there some UK boards you particularly recommend? Here's an example of something very tangible that we should be sharing on some of the hunting boards - we need to get NJ's hunters (if you'll pardon the term) "woke"!

Edit: Though quite frankly, you'd think this Lacey Township situation would be enough to alarm the hunters! Kids enjoying a day at the range shooting clays.. are getting suspended? Seriously? It just goes to show you how really unhinged the gun control movement is getting. This is INSANE. I tend to be a good prognosticator, but even I'm stunned at the level of hatred that's being directed at law-abiding, legal gun owners. It is so ridiculous, so counter-productive... it's surreal.

Well, here’s some detailing the current laws and some of the proposals. You’ll note they use the “common sense” phase there too...

http://www.shootinguk.co.uk/shooting/start-shooting/do-you-want-to-get-into-shooting-32172

https://www.nraila.org/articles/20171215/uk-working-on-new-air-gun-restrictions

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/aug/27/uk-gun-laws-law-commission-reform-public-consultation

http://www.bbc.com/news/10220974

http://www.shootinguk.co.uk/tag/gun-laws

• Like 1

Wow, just unbelievable!

Are they suspending kids who have pictures on social media holding baseball bats? Those are weapons as well.  How about gold clubs? Pics of kids practicing MMA? Ya, know, just to be safe.  

If those were my kids my first call would to be a lawyer then the school.  Sue them for everything possible.  Emotional trauma, damage to reputation, etc,etc.

They would be renaming the school my kids name by time I was done.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Sniper22 said:

Saw this from Lacey Township Chatter on F.B. It's from one of the kids involved.

To EVERYONE:

Here's the background and a slight correction!  One of our newest CNJFO members broke the story on the Lacey Township Chatter Facebook page.  I grabbed it (a screenshot of the offending RULE) and added a file photo of two girls in hunter orange being supervised by one of their Dads as they take turns shooting clays at Clinton WMA.  We printed a disclaimer that the girls weren't the subject of the story, which some "phone people" overlooked before they shared the story.  If we had a photo of the boys in the story we would have used it, but since the family of one boy was fearful of its' usage we couldn't find it before "going to Press". 

Using a file photo to illustrate a story is "fair practice" as long as the disclaimer is part of it, and news agencies do this all of the time.  Seems the hunter orange got folks' attention (as I hoped it would!), and it went viral, so "Black Wire Media" & CNJFO got some real attention, which is great!  Since the young ladies weren't the subject of the Lacey incident, they weren't named in the photo and neither was I (I'm the fugly guy with the brown CNJFO Lehigh Sporting Clays Tournament sweatshirt that wants to "remain in the background" since I want CNJFO to outlive ME, lol).  FYI, the image was captured by one of the girl's Dads during or immediately after a NJGF Meet-Up at Clinton WMA!  The timing of the story couldn't have been better since the one month anniversary of Parkland incident was on the same day my story went around the world.

We vetted the story several ways, using the Lacey Chatter page, as well as actual accounts of OTHER parents who's sons were told they'd face suspension if they didn't take 2A & other firearm-related stickers off their vehicles they drive to school.  One such kid MAY GO PUBLIC TODAY at the urging of our Communications Director Theresa Inacker.  So far we've been bombarded with media requests for additional info and interviews, so I've directed Theresa to handle all of this for us (you'll see her name quoted instead of mine, and THAT's what I want since the STORY isn't about ME!).  This story is REAL!  There are TWO sets of RULES:  One for public consumption off the School's website and the original handbook distributed TO THE STUDENTS which contains the UNCONSTITUTIONAL wording of "ON OR OFF SCHOOL GROUNDS".  

One of the Lacey students in question is alleged to have tendered an application to Annapolis (US Naval Academy), and is fearful that this publicity will harm his chances.  We're also working that angle.  Additionally, we've been in contact with several sets of parents who have Lacey HS offspring, and have put them in-touch with lead counsel Daniel Schmutter from ANJR&PC.

This ongoing story will have further developments I'm sure.  Hat Tip to NJ Concealment Furniture's Dan Ingram of hampton, NJ for posting the link to the Lacey Facebook page where the SH!TSTORM originally went down!  Dan is a personal friend as well as a CNJFO sponsor & Clays Tournament participant.

If anyone would like to support or join us in the fight, we'd welcome the help!  Thanks for your kind attention!

Dave "Rosey" Rosenthal, VP

http://www.cnjfo.com

• Like 8

School Board Meeting is scheduled for this Monday.  Open to the public.  Everyone gets a chance to speak.

https://www.laceyschools.org/site/handlers/filedownload.ashx?moduleinstanceid=9797&dataid=14885&FileName=LTBOE 2018 NOTICE OF MEETINGS Revised 03.18.pdf

• Like 2

Every pro-2A parent from that school should take their kids to the range, Take pictures and post to social media with some cute #hashtag.  Show some support and that 2A supporters aren't afraid of illegal school board rules.

That is exactly what they should do.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, gleninjersey said:

Every pro-2A parent from that school should take their kids to the range, Take pictures and post to social media with some cute #hashtag.  Show some support and that 2A supporters aren't afraid of illegal school board rules.

You don't even need to to do that. Just take a picture of your kid in the backyard holding a rifle. That will be enough to give them the vapors. 

Why a school thinks it has the right to regulate people's legal activites outside of school hours mystifies me. This is the ugly hand of progressivism. It always seeks to force its will on nonbelievers.

• Like 3

You don't even need to to do that. Just take a picture of your kid in the backyard holding a rifle. That will be enough to give them the vapors. 

Why a school thinks it has the right to regulate people's legal activites outside of school hours mystifies me. This is the ugly hand of progressivism. It always seeks to force its will on nonbelievers.

I agree I suggest this pose. I imagine that would piss them off good.

1e6b0f74e257cf462137bf8fd3563651.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk