gfl216

This Can't Be True, Can It?

10 minutes ago, xXxplosive said:

....and individually named against each school board member.

Won't matter.  They have insurance. It's called "Errors and omissions" coverage. 

Professional liability insurance (PLI), also called professional indemnity insurance (PII) but more commonly known as errors & omissions (E&O) in the US, is a form of liability insurance which helps protect professional advice- and service-providing individuals and companies from bearing the full cost of defending

Really....well I've attended some hearings here in Somerset County relative to the township board and believe me....ya want to see people squirm and change their tune....sue the members of the board individually and the tone of the music and finger pointing will change immediately.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, WP22 said:

No. It's not. She doesn't speak for the press. She may not even chose the assignments and stories she covers.

I'll cut the young lady some slack until I see the story she writes. She could do what other fine news reporters do; instead of coming here for first hand information, she could just have made up shit.

Hopefully she'll come back and stays engaged.

1000%^^^^

and she modified her research based on our recommendations. But I’ll wait to read her article to measure her.

why'd it get closed?
Who is the Mod who closed it? I tire of this forum more and more everyday. Not so much because of the members but the censorship from the Mods. RMNF has heavy censoring Mods as well. They are down to just the Mods posting about the weather.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

When you read the article on the 101.5 site, it states the school called all the parents of the students and explained the change. I never received any phone call on this subject. They have called for delayed openings and school closures though.

I just re-read the student handbook, it has been changed. 

• Like 1

The article also states that they weren’t disciplined for the weapon section of the handbook but they’re changing anyway. Yeeeeaaah, right.  In other words “you’re suspended for causing a Problem after we tried to suspend you under the weapon section”

14 minutes ago, voyager9 said:

The article also states that they weren’t disciplined for the weapon section of the handbook but they’re changing anyway. Yeeeeaaah, right.  In other words “you’re suspended for causing a Problem after we tried to suspend you under the weapon section”

Na, the school being untruthful? Spinning the issues. Lol! No way! Never!

1 minute ago, Zeke said:

Na, the school being untruthful? Spinning the issues. Lol! No way! Never!

Happens all the time. Look at employers and “wrongful termination”. They don’t fire you for what you did. They use a generic “uncooperative workplace”-clause

• Like 1

All in all, I'd say very well-handled thus far by ANJRPC. It was a thoroughly ridiculous clause in the school handbook and I'm glad the school has already backed down and re-written it. It's a shame it took threat of a lawsuit, but still, a good result. The main takeaway for me though is just how much some schools will overreach (acting like they're the ones in charge of kids and not the kids' parents). I'm glad they got rocked back on their heels in this case!

• Like 3

if the threat of a lawsuit is not carried through......there will be another school that will try this same crap. or this same one will try again. the lawsuit should continue. it's time to stop fighting nice. this is a war, and you don't win wars by being nice.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

if the threat of a lawsuit is not carried through......there will be another school that will try this same crap. or this same one will try again. the lawsuit should continue. it's time to stop fighting nice. this is a war, and you don't win wars by being nice.

On what grounds can you sue once the change has been made? The illegal suspensions are up to the individuals. 

4 hours ago, voyager9 said:

2 hours ago, silverado427 said:

Sometimes the NJGF train goes off the track

sometimes??? virtually every thread does, lolololol

3 hours ago, Zeke said:

On what grounds can you sue once the change has been made? The illegal suspensions are up to the individuals. 

mental distress.

12 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

sometimes??? virtually every thread does, lolololol

mental distress.

Lol. The public doesn’t have standing any more because the public policy has been changed. But yes it caused the public mental distress...

Further legal action is now entirely up to the affected parties ( suspended students and families)

15 hours ago, Zeke said:

Lacey school board changed the handbook but that's all they did. They still punished the students.  I hope ANJRPC follows through on supporting the family with legal action until everything is set right.

Lacey school board changed the handbook but that's all they did. They still punished the students.  I hope ANJRPC follows through on supporting the family with legal action until everything is set right.
I'm sure they will reverse course come Monday. They would be stupid not to. They didn't even violate current rules.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Here's the latest... the policy was re-written (as you probably knew) and the school is apparently now dealing directly with the students and their families to resolve things. ANJRPC is waiting to see what happens next.

Eh, my feeling? If ANJRPC can get this resolved with no negative impact on the kids AND a new policy in place -- all with the mere "threat" of a lawsuit --- then that's an excellent use of their legal funds. IMO, you don't chew up money given to you by members/donors when you don't need to - there'll be much bigger battles in this era that need to be fought.

What I particularly like though is the "cooperative" nature of this action: CNJFO broke  the story, ANJRPC got an attorney right on it, they helped each other out... and in doing so, helped the 2A community out. This is how these orgs SHOULD operate... so it's great to see. :D

ANJRPC WINS! SCHOOL CAPITULATES
& REWRITES ANTI-GUN POLICY AFTER ANJRPC THREATENS TO SUE!

March 18 - the Lacey Township School District has quietly capitulated to ANJRPC's demand in a cease and desist letter last week that it rescind a blatantly unconstitutional written policy allowing disciplinary action against students "reported to be in possession of a weapon of any type for any reason or purpose WHETHER ON OR OFF SCHOOL GROUNDS during the academic year."

That policy came to light when it was reported that disciplinary action was taken against several students for posting social media photos of themselves near firearms at a target range.

A policy that allows for discipline of students for exercising a fundamental right off of school grounds is clearly unconstitutional and violates the Second Amendment. A policy that allows disciplinary action for posting a picture of the exercise of that fundamental right off of school grounds also violates the First Amendment.

The outrageous and unconstitutional policy was quietly rescinded, entirely re-written, and then posted to the Lacey Township High School website late last week. The new policy no longer attempts to chill the lawful exercise of Second Amendment rights off of school grounds, and instead prohibits carrying or possession of any "weapon or simulated weapon," including "imitation firearms," on school grounds or buses.

While it appears that the most obvious and offensive Constitutional violations have been removed, ANJRPC counsel is still carefully reviewing the new policy for other potential issues.

ANJRPC has also received reports that the school is attempting to amicably resolve issues concerning disciplinary action privately with the students and their families. Because of the sensitive nature of this process, and the importance to the students of clearing their permanent records, ANJRPC is intentionally not aggressively injecting itself into this process at this time, and urges other activists to follow suit and avoid politicizing those private discussions, which could harm the students.

The media extensively covered this story, and ANJRPC figured prominently in the coverage. Here is just a sample:

NJ1015 .com: Click here.

The Daily Caller: Click here.

NRA-TV: Click here.

NJ .com: Click here.

Talk Radio 1210, Philadelphia: Click here.

Patch .com: Click here.

Independent Journal Review: Click here.

Please stay tuned for further updates and alerts. Kudos to our friends at CNJFO for first breaking the Lacey Township story last week.

PLEASE SUPPORT OUR EFFORTS

WE NEED YOUR HELP!

Please support ANJRPC as we lead the fight to defend Freedom in New Jersey. Gun owners are facing a perfect storm in the State House as anti-gun lawmakers abuse their power to target the Second Amendment instead of punishing criminal behavior.

Please support our work to fight back, to advance right to carry, to rally gun owners at this critical time in history. Join ANJRPC here. Donate to ANJRPC here. Subscribe to our free email alerts here.

Please forward this email to every gun owner you know, and if you don't already receive alerts from ANJRPC, please subscribe to our free email alerts for the latest Second Amendment breaking news and action alerts.

About ANJRPC: The Association of New Jersey Rifle & Pistol Clubs is the official New Jersey affiliate of the NRA, and is New Jersey's oldest, largest, and most effective Second Amendment advocacy organization.

<click here for the online version of this alert>

• Like 8

On the front page at FoxNews.com today - http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/03/18/uproar-after-new-jersey-high-school-allegedly-suspends-students-over-gun-range-photo.html

As a result, I wouldn't be surprised to see this on Tucker or Hannity tonight (Monday 3/19).

The 'school overreach' story dovetails nicely with public schools' involvement with the Student Walkout, which is blatantly unconstitutional.

Yeah but you won't see it on abc nbc cbs msnbs and cnn/dnc circle jerk along with news 12, the libsuck tv arm of the constitution hating Star Ledger commie scumbags. 

APP, Record, ALL hating the law abiding honest hard working taxpayer......................

Because you do not vote for their demonrat scum buddies.