DirtyDigz

3/26 Trenton Rally - Sign/slogan ideas

I’m planning to make some signs to carry at the 3/26 rally.

What I’ve done in the past is to get sheets of readi-board/foam board from a dollar store, then laser print in large font letters onto copy paper and then tape them onto the boards with packing tape.

Quick, easy to read and looks more “professional” than hand written.  Can put slogans on both sides so you can rotate the sign if you want.

I also cut the corners of the board off so they have bevels, so they’re less likely to poke someone in the eye if they get carried off by the wind or something.

I’ve started brainstorming for slogans, would appreciate idea from others:

”If guns cause violence, then mine are defective”

From Anthony Colandro “Blaming the NRA for gun violence makes as much sense as blaming the AAA for drunk drivers”

”Why is it the media never reports on all the times guns *PREVENT* violence?”

“The Parkland murderer used 10 round magazines.  Explain again why we should reduce legal magazine capacities?”

4 hours ago, gleninjersey said:

"Ask Carol Bowne How Well Gun Laws Work"  With RIP Carol underneath and a picture of her.

Thanks for reminding me of her tragic story Glen.  Maybe something along the lines of :

”Ask me about Carol Bowne - A murder victim who was unable to defend herself due to NJ’s restrictive gun laws.”

And I’ll prepare some handouts with her story.

1 hour ago, DirtyDigz said:

Thanks for reminding me of her tragic story Glen.  Maybe something along the lines of :

”Ask me about Carol Bowne - A murder victim who was unable to defend herself due to NJ’s restrictive gun laws.”

And I’ll prepare some handouts with her story.

Not trying to throw a wrench into your fine plans... but I would personally NEVER do such a thing unless I had touched base with her surviving family members first. I recall her brother has been pretty pro2A activist, but still... I think courtesy (and caution) dictates that you reach out first.

Ask @Smokin .50 - I'm pretty sure CNJFO was in touch with the brother and would have contact info in case you don't already.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, DirtyDigz said:

I believe Carole’s brother was part of the protest at Sweeney’s house several years ago, but regardless I’ll check in with Rosie/CNJFO.

He was indeed! Others in the family as well. We had signs with her picture on them with a slogan. Alex Roubian and I asked for permission to use them and he said "absolutely"!

I am sure it would be okay but it would be good to check first!

15 minutes ago, DirtyDigz said:

JohnnyB, do you have an email or some other contact info for him?

(BTW, Nino called me, he should be coming over on Saturday for a demo)

Nino told me he called you. I don't have any way to contact Carol's brother. Alex Roubian had that info.

@DirtyDigz I think it's really great you're willing to do this! So, like others, I took a little time this evening to brainstorm... and as @PK90 mentioned, I agree the messaging should be as "crisp" as possible. No one wants to read a bunch of text on a poster. Ideally, just a few words with a strong graphic appeal is best. 

• The Bill of Rights.

Worth Defending.

Taxpayer. Voter. US Citizen.

Responsible Gun Owner!

Law-abiding Gun Owner,

Not a Perp!

• I AM:

A Sheepdog. A Protector.

A Good Guy with a Gun.

These below are a bit longer... you'd probably need a bigger poster or a banner, otherwise the text would be too small to be impactful. May not work for your purposes....

New Jersey:

Where the Career Criminals Run Free...

and the Law-abiding are Persecuted!

New Jersey:

Where Rich Politicians Flanked by Armed Security...

Want the Rest of Us to Disarm.

New Jersey:

Where Stomping on Due Process...

Is Business as Usual.

Defensive use of guns by crime victims is a common occurrence

2013 CDC Study

Obama Administration

“Self-defense can be an important crime deterrent”

2013 CDC Study

Obama Administration

• Like 2

This is really a job though (IMO) for @Handyman and @voyager9 - I've noticed they both have a real knack for brief but "zingy" comments that cut straight to the point. I bet they could each come up with some great poster copy! Maybe even something that uses humor?

It’s 1am and the formatting is all messed up, but....

Average Police Response Time: 10 minutes; Yet NJ wants us Disarmed 

#MeTwoA (Me2A? Idk)

Thoughts and Prayers don’t save lives; Responsible gun owners do

NJ:Sanctuary for illegals; Prison for responsible gun owners

Responsible gun owners are not the problem; Punish violent criminals

9 out of 10 NJ oligarchs agree:  security for them, but not for thee

Fuck Weinberg  

• Like 1