Frankie Raffaele

Buying a G36, question about magazine options

Hey fellas

I'm going to buy a G36 off gunbroker. My local FFL owner said he'd chop it up for me (pin the stock, replace flash hider with muzzle brake) but said I'd have to find mags of a legal capacity for the G36. He recommended I look for 10 rounds since that's what it will likely be next week.

I found 10 round G36 mags on HKparts.net , but I really like the look of the longer mags and I'm wondering if theres anywhere I can get longer mags for the G36 pinned at 10.

I've also read up about changing parts so that the G36 accepts AR magazines, and it'd be easier to find pinned AR mags so can anyone tell me anything about that?

Just my opinion.

My friend has one in Vermont.  First off, it is not a real G36.  It only looks like a G36.

I did not like it.  1) When you hold it, it is very light.  Feels like an Airsoft toy.  Mostly plastic. The sights are very cheaply made.  For $500, can't expected that much.

The positive: it looks cool as hell.  Its eats all type of ammo.

As for the mags, the link from HKparts is the correct mags.  Search around.  I have seen them for $20 New.  Unfortunately, I forgot the website.  Sorry.

• Like 1

The Walther-made G36 .22LR has magazines that are compatible with the Umarex HK 416 .22LR and Umarex Beretta ARX160 .22LR.  So options for any of those will work.

https://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/10-Round-Magazine-HK416-Colt-G36-22-LR-64p1747.htm

https://www.impactguns.com/hk-416-22lr-magazine-10-round-2245300-723364201165.aspx

• Like 1